Terrible news. Rainmaker Ron

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terrible news. Rainmaker Ron

With great sadness Rainmaker Ron Cloat passed away tonight at a Model A Meeting Fourever Fours. This is all the information we have now. May he Rest In Peace.

Bought lots of parts from Ron and his lovely wife Jane at Standard Auto Pasts in Peoria, IL. Ron always had good things to say about all of the many Model A gentlemen he encountered. Every time I called and asked Jane a question, she would respond, "I know what Ron would say!" ...... she would say it ............ then she would call for Ron in his shop whereby I asked him the same question on the phone ...... found it so amazing that he always gave the exact same answer as Jane ..... what a wonderful close knit family! May his family find peace and comfort in knowing that he was always greatly admired and respected by so many of us.

Comment

• DaWizard
      DaWizard commented
      Editing a comment
      Amen.

This IS terrible news to hear
    I met Ron for the first time 2 years ago at Hershey. I made it a point to stop by his space to introduce myself. Somehow he found his way to the VFF and made one response in the classifieds which i will post the link to
    https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...s-w-town-sedan
    The VFF sends out it’s condolences, prayers to his entire family. May he Rest In Peace and be taken care of. He was a great man and an absolute icon in our Model A hobby.
    He will be missed by all
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Yes that is sad, I meet Ron for the first time many years ago at Bill Stipe shop. He had his talking car there. He was always there to help anyone that needed it. May he rest in peace.
      Last edited by George Miller; 12-06-2017, 08:28 AM.

Comment

I remember Ron from the chili fests at his spot at Hershey. I still have one of his yellow chili T shirts. It is sad to loose our old friends, and every day we are getting closer to the same fate.
        Bill
        http://www.brauchauto.com/
        Eastern Connecticut

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
          BILL WILLIAMSON commented
          Editing a comment
          We need to be of help & pass on information, before it's OUR TIME.
          Dad Saddened

I never met him but looked him up and found some of his stories here:
        http://www.fordgarage.com/pages/cloatstories.htm

Comment

I met Ron several years ago at Hershey and tried to stop by his space every year since. I have two of his chili shootout shirts.
          My condolences to Ron's family. We have lost another Model "A" family member.
          Dave

Comment

That sure is sad news. I met Ron several times at Hershey and Iola, and bought many parts from him. I was always hoping to drive to his shop and see all his great inventions in tools, but sadly I never made the trip. Ron was a good friend to everyone he met. Ron was one of the great ones and he sure will be missed. Condolences to his family.

Comment

I was over by his house last fall, was going to stop in and say 'hi' but I had an appointment in Peoria and was running short on time. I thought 'I'll catch him in the spring'. As they say, tomorrow never comes.

Sad to hear about his passing. I was told last summer that his health was failing.

Comment

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/pjs...889&fhid=10870

Comment

Very sad. I’ll say a prayer for his repose and comfort for his family. Condolences to all who miss him.

Comment

OBIT for Ron:

Ron E. Cloat
                    PEORIA - Ron E. Cloat, 82, of Peoria passed away on Tuesday, December 5, 2017.
                    Ron was born to Fred R. and Edith May (Miller) Cloat on April 21, 1935, in Peoria, IL.
                    Upon completion of high school, Ron entered into the United States Army, served in Okinawa and was honorably discharged in 1963. He then went on to work for Lonza, Inc. for over 20 years.
                    Surviving are his loving wife, Jane Cloat; sons, Fritz Cloat, Max and (Julia) Cloat; daughter, Carrie Stier; and son-in-law, Kevin Stier. He is also survived by four grandchildren, Emily, Jacob Stier, Olivia and Alexander Cloat; and a sister, Judy Walraven.
                    He was preceded in death by his parents; one brother, Jerry Cloat; and a sister-in-law, Chris Cloat.
                    A visitation will be held at 11 a.m. on Saturday, December 9, 2017, at Davison-Fulton Bartonville Chapel. A funeral service will begin at 12 noon. A graveside service will follow at Lutheran Cemetery in Peoria.
                    Cremation rites have been entrusted with Davison Fulton Bartonville Chapel
                    In lieu of flowers, memorial donations may be made to St. Jude Midwest Affiliate. For more information please visit www.DavisonFulton.com

Comment