Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the Sedan Delivery’s selling for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the Sedan Delivery’s selling for?

There are too many variables to give an exact number but “roughly” how much more expensive are the delivery's?
    There seems to be so few on the market it’s a challenge to compare and contrast.

I’ve heard it said that nice trucks sell for about $5000 more than nice cars. Are there any rules of thumb with the delivery’s?
    Last edited by Curly; 11-29-2017, 02:00 PM.

In the past 12 years I have seen one sell for $25,000 and another no one would buy at $15,000. Both of them 29 Deluxe Delivery body style. I have not payed much attention to the 30-31's of the Panel Deliveries that have been listed. Blue Book value for insurance purposes is $42,000 according to my agent. Rod
    Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

The 28’s and 29’s are more expensive/desirable than the 30’s and 31’s simply because there were not very many 28’s and 29’s made.

Comment

• Rowdy
        Rowdy commented
        Editing a comment
        A bit of reallity there were only a hand full of 28 prototypes made. I would guesse that there are more titled as 28's now than were ever actually made. I have asked in the past how to tell the 28 prototypes from the later productions. I am sure with some research in the archives there are some differences in the rear panel and door. There were 3 variations in the rear panel wood as I found out a couple of years ago. Possibly there were corosponding changes in the sheetmetal. Maybe hinge spacing or something easy like that. Maybe in a few years I can go to the Benson and look for myself. I tried to obtain some info from Budd Manufacturing and found their archives are basicly non-existant. Rod

Related Topics

Collapse

• BILL WILLIAMSON
      NERVE WRACKING
      by BILL WILLIAMSON
      What was your MOST nerve wracking: & tedious: part of doin' your car?
      Bill Curious
      07-12-2017, 12:56 PM
    • Mitch
      Strengths and Weaknesses
      by Mitch
      I guess we all have our strengths and weaknesses when answering questions on the VFF. For me my strengths are more mechanical, diagnosing, and repair, building a car,,, my weaknesses are JS type things, interchangeability, what fits what with different body styles and things like that. (Steve Plucker type questions)..Or maybe it's just easier to say the things Rowdy & Wiz, Mason and others seems...
      09-17-2017, 10:45 AM
    • PauloSch
      1911 Open Runabout
      by PauloSch
      Hello, fellows.
      I'm new to this forum, and want to thank you for having me. First I'd like to tell you I don't own any old timer jewel car. And since I live in Brazil, where Model T only started production in 1919 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Brasil), it is rather difficult to find my favorite over here.
      I'm a fan of electric cars, but they are also scarce in Brazil yet. And as...
      04-28-2018, 08:24 PM
    • Ray Horton
      A consideration on restoration
      by Ray Horton
      "If the driveline on the A is properly restored to factory specs (keep in mind I'm not talking Judging Standards but Ford original specs for fit) it is a VERY reliable car."

This was a comment from a knowledgeable professional restorer, Kevin in NJ, and though I have heard similar comments before, this one caught my attention for the distinction drawn between Judging Standards...
      12-27-2017, 09:39 PM
    • BILL WILLIAMSON
      DISILLUSIONED?
      by BILL WILLIAMSON
      Chief, my Dad & mentor, had a friend that built a BEAUTIFUL, BLACK Sedan. Shortly after drivin' it, he SOLD it! Apparently DISILLUSIONED with it. Chief said, "The only thing WRONG with the car was it was BETTER than new, including the paint"!
      I've known of several folks that have done a similar thing. One built a '28 CCPU, with A/C, even. The seating comfort was SO BAD, he SOLD...
      05-11-2017, 02:14 PM
    • canadian
      LIFE
      by canadian
      How much life was expected from a Model A, I was wondering to myself , did them people think that 90 years later there purchase was still going to be around , Personally I find it amazing . rough times back then , money to maintain there car must have been hard to come by. I have a 29 and found some coins in front door bottom from 1932.. just wondering a few coins probably made a difference, 90 years...
      05-22-2018, 12:36 PM
    • Ray Horton
      Vintage Auto Parts, Santa Ana, Calif.
      by Ray Horton
      I found a catalog for this company tonight while rummaging through my bookshelf. It appears to be about 1974, though I can't find a date. But oh my stars! The prices! Almost consistently across their whole product line things cost about 1/10 (or less) what they do today.

Does anybody remember this business, or know what happened to them? Harold Looney was the proprietor. They were located...
      10-21-2017, 12:39 AM
    • Swastler
      29 sedan delivery on ebay
      by Swastler
      therevis a really good unrestored sedan delivery listed in Michigan I think it said. I had always wanted one and although the bin price is a bit high, it would look incredible in any garage!!!!! Sorry no link, not sure how with my phone
      06-12-2018, 05:13 PM
    • glentre
      Why this new forum?
      by glentre
      Didn't know this forum existed and found it quite by accident so I joined to see what it's all about. I've been a member on the barn for almost four years with some 325 posts so I'm not a newbee. My handle there is Lona.

​​​​​​Seems like a shame to have two forums on the same subject. While I've read many very generalized comments on why this new site was formed, it seems...
      09-16-2017, 09:49 AM
    • Gary Karr
      '28/'29 Stop Light switches
      by Gary Karr
      I have three different '28/'29 stop light switches. The first style from the beginning of production has no strengthening ribs on the mounting plate. Also to note is that the location of the cover tabs are different than the later, more common style. I came across a couple of switches that do have the strengthening ribs but as in the earliest style, the cover mounting tabs are in the same location....
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      09-09-2018, 03:46 PM
    Working...
    X