Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the Sedan Delivery’s selling for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the Sedan Delivery’s selling for?

There are too many variables to give an exact number but “roughly” how much more expensive are the delivery's?
    There seems to be so few on the market it’s a challenge to compare and contrast.

I’ve heard it said that nice trucks sell for about $5000 more than nice cars. Are there any rules of thumb with the delivery’s?
    Last edited by Curly; 11-29-2017, 01:00 PM.

In the past 12 years I have seen one sell for $25,000 and another no one would buy at $15,000. Both of them 29 Deluxe Delivery body style. I have not payed much attention to the 30-31's of the Panel Deliveries that have been listed. Blue Book value for insurance purposes is $42,000 according to my agent. Rod
    "Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." Thomas Sowell

Comment

The 28’s and 29’s are more expensive/desirable than the 30’s and 31’s simply because there were not very many 28’s and 29’s made.

Comment

• Rowdy
        Rowdy commented
        Editing a comment
        A bit of reallity there were only a hand full of 28 prototypes made. I would guesse that there are more titled as 28's now than were ever actually made. I have asked in the past how to tell the 28 prototypes from the later productions. I am sure with some research in the archives there are some differences in the rear panel and door. There were 3 variations in the rear panel wood as I found out a couple of years ago. Possibly there were corosponding changes in the sheetmetal. Maybe hinge spacing or something easy like that. Maybe in a few years I can go to the Benson and look for myself. I tried to obtain some info from Budd Manufacturing and found their archives are basicly non-existant. Rod

Related Topics

Collapse

• Licensed to kill
      Help me understand.
      by Licensed to kill
      So, I'm pretty much done with the chassis for my '31 Deluxe Delivery and am back on body panels that I started 2 years ago. The entire top of the 1/4 panels, from the drip rails up, had to be replaced as it was rotted right out from water getting under the roof. A friend and i made new top panels as well as the rear corners but did not finish the ends as i was down g it at he]is place and didn't have...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      12-17-2020, 01:07 PM
    • BILL WILLIAMSON
      NERVE WRACKING
      by BILL WILLIAMSON
      What was your MOST nerve wracking: & tedious: part of doin' your car?
      Bill Curious
      07-12-2017, 11:56 AM
    • greenhornet
      Rear panel question and sorry I have so many ?
      by greenhornet
      My '31 roadster body is pretty good and rust free but someone did an amateur job years ago replacing the rear panel under rumble seat lid. They must not have had any pieces back in the fifties or sixties so it is a plain piece with no bead at all on bottom edge,it also fits poorly on top. The top will not allow me to position the cross piece that the curved inner floor panel attaches to as it is about...
      02-19-2019, 05:30 PM
    • Mitch
      Where else did the stash get hidden?
      by Mitch
      02-19-2020, 02:22 PM
    • Mitch
      Strengths and Weaknesses
      by Mitch
      I guess we all have our strengths and weaknesses when answering questions on the VFF. For me my strengths are more mechanical, diagnosing, and repair, building a car,,, my weaknesses are JS type things, interchangeability, what fits what with different body styles and things like that. (Steve Plucker type questions)..Or maybe it's just easier to say the things Rowdy & Wiz, Mason and others seems...
      09-17-2017, 09:45 AM
    • Brubaker
      170-B Deluxe
      by Brubaker
      Before I get too ahead of myself, where does a 170A-B Deluxe land in terms of rarity? 'Not hard to find'....'Don't see many around'? Drivable original, barn-stored for 10 years for this example. Not fishing for value, more of an availability question.
      03-05-2021, 05:27 PM
    • Hoogah
      Model A farming plant - is there anything like this?
      by Hoogah
      Over the past couple of weeks, I've been involved in preparations for a clearing sale on a farm that belonged to two bachelor brothers. The last of the brothers passed away about 18 months ago. Both were well into their 80s when they died. What is unique about these blokes is that they farmed in some kind of time warp for almost all of their lives.
      • Their daily transport ("going to town"
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 10 photos.
      01-19-2019, 05:55 AM
    • PauloSch
      1911 Open Runabout
      by PauloSch
      Hello, fellows.
      I'm new to this forum, and want to thank you for having me. First I'd like to tell you I don't own any old timer jewel car. And since I live in Brazil, where Model T only started production in 1919 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Brasil), it is rather difficult to find my favorite over here.
      I'm a fan of electric cars, but they are also scarce in Brazil yet. And as...
      04-28-2018, 07:24 PM
    • Ray Horton
      A consideration on restoration
      by Ray Horton
      "If the driveline on the A is properly restored to factory specs (keep in mind I'm not talking Judging Standards but Ford original specs for fit) it is a VERY reliable car."

This was a comment from a knowledgeable professional restorer, Kevin in NJ, and though I have heard similar comments before, this one caught my attention for the distinction drawn between Judging Standards...
      12-27-2017, 08:39 PM
    • Terry, NJ
      Calling all body/sheetmetal men, Need opinions on what to do
      by Terry, NJ
      Today I started a Patch Panel project on my 30 coupe. It's the panel just behind the door and at the bottom of the body. I'm a little confused about what I should do. Should I cut everything off and weld the new P.P. in as I have done in the past. I never did one just behind the door, at the bottom and it's a little different. Just what do I cut out? What do I leave? And then I can always use the...
      04-03-2019, 01:42 PM
    Working...
    X