radiator splash shield felt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator splash shield felt

i removed the radiator splash shield and there is no felt between it and the radiator shell. How does this piece fit? there are two holes on the top of the shield in the middle. Does it go there?

Yes it goes on the front side with two 1/8" pop rivets to stop the radiator shield from hitting it and making a noise. Grant

Comment

The felt is held on with split rivets using those two holes. All the suppliers sell the kit

The 28-29 cars use two pads,,, 30-31 uses one

https://www.brattons.com/30-31-radia...-felt-pad.html
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
        BILL WILLIAMSON commented
        Editing a comment
        I "FELT" something under the covers!!! It was my Dog!!

Great, Thanks. On my next order

Comment

Just checked my original radiator apron for my 1931 Sport Coupe and the rivets are solid with hollow end rolled out . Grant

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• KenCoupe
          Radiator Shield Bolts
          by KenCoupe
          I have a couple of radiator splash shield bolts that are bent. I got part A-16527 from Snyders to replace the bent ones. I have looked in all the books I have and searched the forum but can't find how these are installed. I'm not sure how to remove the Radiator Shield Bolts from the frame. Do I need to remove the splash shield to remove the old ones then put in the new ones? If I have to remove the...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.
          02-06-2022, 01:52 PM
        • Rumbleseater
          Radiator Shell/Hood Shelf Fit
          by Rumbleseater
          I noticed on our '29 Coupe that the radiator shell sits below the level of the hood shelves on both sides, and there is a large gap where the shelves sit on the radiator apron upper connection. The previous owner was a metal finisher, and had chrome plated the shelves and apron. The shelves have been trimmer along the radiator shell, and both shelves are bent to a degree. I plan on purchasing new...
          This gallery has 4 photos.
          08-08-2021, 10:32 AM
        • JohnB15632
          Radiator straighening
          by JohnB15632
          I figured that there was something wrong with the radiator installation that prevented the hood from aligning correctly.

Well, I backed my A out into the sunlight and wow, my radiator is catiumbus.

So, how do I straighten the radiator?

Thanks,
          06-25-2020, 10:27 AM
        • Art Ebeling
          Radiator shell fit
          by Art Ebeling
          Today I was mocking up the front fenders and running board aprons to the frame to take to the body shop. I also put the radiator shell on the radiator in order to install the hood. What keeps the bottom of the radiator shell from contacting and scratching the front fender?
          09-15-2017, 05:15 PM
        • 2manycars
          Observations on pulling the engine.
          by 2manycars
          I pulled the engine out of the tudor this morning for a refresh, and found a few surprises, and some usual nuttiness from Henry.
          Who thought of running the headlamp wires through the radiator shell should be fired. A real pain with the early headlamps that have the tiny screws attaching the wire to the insulating barrel at the headlamp connection.
          I can guess why original engine splash...
          03-30-2018, 12:15 PM
        • CHL
          Question, Will a 32 radiator fit in a 31 roadster pickup radiator shell?
          by CHL
          a friend putting a v8-60 in needs to know....
          09-03-2019, 10:58 AM
        • wrndln
          Radiator shell rivets
          by wrndln
          I need to install the lacing on a re-plated radiator shell. I have accumulated several lengths of split rivets over the years. I have some black 5/16", 3/8" and 7/16" long split rivets. The 7/16" rivets have a larger head diameter than the other two - too large in my opinion. I also have the special tool to correctly install the rivets. I suppose I could try each of them,...
          01-01-2020, 01:26 PM
        • Superhart
          Need a New Radiator
          by Superhart
          I have a 350 Chevy powered 1930 Model A Coupe that has a 1932 Grille shell and hood. Car is NOT a high boy or chopped. Vintage Air is installed with condenser in front of radiator. Turbo 350 transmission. I have a persistent radiator leak that seems to be evident when the car cools off. I tried Barr's Stop Leak but that didn't work. I think it's time to replace the radiator. I want a quality...
          09-30-2021, 03:59 PM
        • DBaldwin
          Radiator neck measurement
          by DBaldwin
          Can I get someone who owns a 28-29 A to measure with a set of calipers the outside neck of their radiator and also count the threads per inch ? Thanks in advance!
          06-27-2021, 08:34 PM
        • pAAt
          Radiator splash apron
          by pAAt
          The arrows point to frame hole locations in the first picture, are there 4 machine screws that go through the hood shelf, fender, frame, and into splash apron fixed nuts ? I've been looking for pics, but to no avail, any help would be appreciated !! Thanks, Pat...
          This gallery has 2 photos.
          07-10-2018, 07:53 PM
        Working...
        X