radiator splash shield felt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator splash shield felt

i removed the radiator splash shield and there is no felt between it and the radiator shell. How does this piece fit? there are two holes on the top of the shield in the middle. Does it go there?

Yes it goes on the front side with two 1/8" pop rivets to stop the radiator shield from hitting it and making a noise. Grant

Comment

The felt is held on with split rivets using those two holes. All the suppliers sell the kit

The 28-29 cars use two pads,,, 30-31 uses one

https://www.brattons.com/30-31-radia...-felt-pad.html
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
        BILL WILLIAMSON commented
        Editing a comment
        I "FELT" something under the covers!!! It was my Dog!!

Great, Thanks. On my next order

Comment

Just checked my original radiator apron for my 1931 Sport Coupe and the rivets are solid with hollow end rolled out . Grant

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• JohnB15632
          Radiator straighening
          by JohnB15632
          I figured that there was something wrong with the radiator installation that prevented the hood from aligning correctly.

Well, I backed my A out into the sunlight and wow, my radiator is catiumbus.

So, how do I straighten the radiator?

Thanks,
          06-25-2020, 10:27 AM
        • Art Ebeling
          Radiator shell fit
          by Art Ebeling
          Today I was mocking up the front fenders and running board aprons to the frame to take to the body shop. I also put the radiator shell on the radiator in order to install the hood. What keeps the bottom of the radiator shell from contacting and scratching the front fender?
          09-15-2017, 05:15 PM
        • 2manycars
          Observations on pulling the engine.
          by 2manycars
          I pulled the engine out of the tudor this morning for a refresh, and found a few surprises, and some usual nuttiness from Henry.
          Who thought of running the headlamp wires through the radiator shell should be fired. A real pain with the early headlamps that have the tiny screws attaching the wire to the insulating barrel at the headlamp connection.
          I can guess why original engine splash...
          03-30-2018, 12:15 PM
        • CHL
          Question, Will a 32 radiator fit in a 31 roadster pickup radiator shell?
          by CHL
          a friend putting a v8-60 in needs to know....
          09-03-2019, 10:58 AM
        • wrndln
          Radiator shell rivets
          by wrndln
          I need to install the lacing on a re-plated radiator shell. I have accumulated several lengths of split rivets over the years. I have some black 5/16", 3/8" and 7/16" long split rivets. The 7/16" rivets have a larger head diameter than the other two - too large in my opinion. I also have the special tool to correctly install the rivets. I suppose I could try each of them,...
          01-01-2020, 01:26 PM
        • pAAt
          Radiator splash apron
          by pAAt
          The arrows point to frame hole locations in the first picture, are there 4 machine screws that go through the hood shelf, fender, frame, and into splash apron fixed nuts ? I've been looking for pics, but to no avail, any help would be appreciated !! Thanks, Pat...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.
          07-10-2018, 07:53 PM
        • dmdeaton
          Radiator
          by dmdeaton
          Is Bergs still the best place to buy a new radiator? I need one for my 26 roadster I am building...
          11-08-2020, 04:14 PM
        • mhsprecher
          New radiator decision
          by mhsprecher
          I need to get a new radiator for my late 28 roadster. The good news is that there are options. The challenge is that there may be more than one good option. Here is what I have narrowed it down to:

1. New Berg's radiator
          2. New Brassworks round tube radiator
          3. Have Bert's recore my old radiator

Many people love Berg's radiators. They don't recore anymore,...
          12-02-2018, 08:11 PM
        • BillLee/Chandler, TX
          Radiator diagrams
          by BillLee/Chandler, TX
          Does anybody know where I can get the Ford drawings/blueprints for the '29 radiator? I am interested in the specification of the radiator frame dimensions, core placement, etc.

Thanks.

Bill
          02-09-2020, 04:40 PM
        • George, Iowa
          Radiator splash apron
          by George, Iowa
          Anyone have any experience with reproduction splash apron that goes under the radiator. Did it fit properly? Were did you buy it?
          03-19-2021, 09:53 PM
        Working...
        X