radiator splash shield felt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• radiator splash shield felt

i removed the radiator splash shield and there is no felt between it and the radiator shell. How does this piece fit? there are two holes on the top of the shield in the middle. Does it go there?

Yes it goes on the front side with two 1/8" pop rivets to stop the radiator shield from hitting it and making a noise. Grant

Comment

The felt is held on with split rivets using those two holes. All the suppliers sell the kit

The 28-29 cars use two pads,,, 30-31 uses one

https://www.brattons.com/30-31-radia...-felt-pad.html
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
        BILL WILLIAMSON commented
        Editing a comment
        I "FELT" something under the covers!!! It was my Dog!!

Great, Thanks. On my next order

Comment

Just checked my original radiator apron for my 1931 Sport Coupe and the rivets are solid with hollow end rolled out . Grant

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Art Ebeling
          Radiator shell fit
          by Art Ebeling
          Today I was mocking up the front fenders and running board aprons to the frame to take to the body shop. I also put the radiator shell on the radiator in order to install the hood. What keeps the bottom of the radiator shell from contacting and scratching the front fender?
          09-15-2017, 06:15 PM
        • 2manycars
          Observations on pulling the engine.
          by 2manycars
          I pulled the engine out of the tudor this morning for a refresh, and found a few surprises, and some usual nuttiness from Henry.
          Who thought of running the headlamp wires through the radiator shell should be fired. A real pain with the early headlamps that have the tiny screws attaching the wire to the insulating barrel at the headlamp connection.
          I can guess why original engine splash...
          03-30-2018, 01:15 PM
        • pAAt
          Radiator splash apron
          by pAAt
          The arrows point to frame hole locations in the first picture, are there 4 machine screws that go through the hood shelf, fender, frame, and into splash apron fixed nuts ? I've been looking for pics, but to no avail, any help would be appreciated !! Thanks, Pat...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 2 photos.
          07-10-2018, 08:53 PM
        • mhsprecher
          New radiator decision
          by mhsprecher
          I need to get a new radiator for my late 28 roadster. The good news is that there are options. The challenge is that there may be more than one good option. Here is what I have narrowed it down to:

1. New Berg's radiator
          2. New Brassworks round tube radiator
          3. Have Bert's recore my old radiator

Many people love Berg's radiators. They don't recore anymore,...
          12-02-2018, 09:11 PM
        • sunnyorm
          Original radiator shell
          by sunnyorm
          Well, I finely got my original radiator shell, after going thru several methods, which all proved to be unsuccessful.
          Now the background: first I bought a radiator ('28/29), which turned out to be some aftermarket from a few years back, and turned out to be 5/8" too tall, which, also, would not fit with repro commercial shell, so next, i was able to purchase an original radiator, which...
          07-11-2018, 08:31 PM
        • plyfor
          30-31 front spring replacement
          by plyfor
          Has anyone replaced the front spring without removing the front radiator splash apron?
          02-06-2019, 02:06 PM
        • Beauford
          Radiator Splash Apron
          by Beauford
          So in the final stretch of getting Rusty put back together. Before paint I never thought about fitting rad splash apron. (mistake) but here I am. My hood shelf and fender are not flush with horns. They stick inward a bit. They are equal amounts over the inside edge of horns so I don't believe horns are bent. Any adjustments I can make? (Repop front Fenders)
          08-04-2018, 07:13 AM
        • Hank B
          Radiator Mounting Hole Dimensions
          by Hank B
          When I restored my '30 frame, I used the Wescott Auto dimensions for various holes that needed filling and re-drilling. The Radiator mounting holes are indicated at 20" o/c, 1/2" ahead of centre of the front cross member. I ordered a new US made Heavy Duty radiator and the mounting holes are 19 5/16" o/c. Can anyone tell me which is incorrect? My choices seem to be to rebuild the tabs...
          07-28-2018, 03:33 PM
        • Mike V. Florida
          Modern radiator core design
          by Mike V. Florida
          There is a radiator manufacturer near me that advertises all types of radiator cores. While I don't need one now I thought I might take an A core down to them and see what they can offer the hobby. I don't think any of the "Model A" radiator guys sell just cores anymore and was wondering if there would be a market for just cores that you would use your tanks....
          09-26-2017, 02:27 AM
        • BillLee/Chandler, TX
          '29 Tudor front body panel fit.
          by BillLee/Chandler, TX
          I'm looking for pictures (or anything else!) that will show me the relationships of the various body panels around the front of a '29 Tudor. I am trying to put my car back together after replacing the gas tank, and using the radiator/radiator shell/hood that I have, nothing seems to fit!

I would like to see how the hood shelf and the hood latches relate to the radiator shell and radiator...
          12-29-2018, 09:11 AM
        Working...
        X