GAV Socket

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GAV Socket

I purchased 4 of those limited production custom GAV sockets a few years back. I still have 2 extras and would like to offer them here to a couple VFF members. My original plan was to put them on EBAY for double what i paid, but that was before the VFF was even thought of. I have decided to sell these at cost here on the forum which is 24.00 and 7.15 shipping. domestic
    Use my personal paypal (for family & friends) [email protected]

The first 2 replies gets them..One per person..

Thanks
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Mitch I'll take one of the sockets
    http://www.turnbophotography.com

Comment

One left
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Mitch,
        I will take the last one.
        mike
        Michael
        1928 speedster
        1929 closed cab p/u
        1930 standard roadster
        1931 deluxe tudor sedan
        1967 ss/rs conv.camaro

Comment

you got it... It's here at the shop so stop by anytime or i can ship it to ya

Thanks Mike
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I have one and it works great!! I used it on the zenith 3 bottom that I bought from Rowdy . That GAV part came right out no problem . The butterfly was not so easy. Norm

Comment

What is the size of this tool ? Picture ?

Comment

It's somewhere between 7/16 and 11mm, and since I have been working on these Zenith carbs, I have used everything including a 10mm to remove the GAVs.
                You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

It’s specially made to fit both GAV sizes.....

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 4 photos.
                  3 ~ Tudor's
                  Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I bought 3 of these. One I kept, the other 2 went to friends that do a lot of carb work. They tell me that the sockets work perfectly.

I wonder if he is still making them?
                    Alaskan A's
                    Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
                    Model A Ford Club of America
                    Model A Restorers Club
                    Antique Automobile Club of America
                    Mullins Owners Club

Comment

So is this just a deep well socket with the wall thickness thinned down?

Comment

Oh no. it is actually 13/32 socket with the deep well.
                        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Originally posted by dmdeaton View Post
                          So is this just a deep well socket with the wall thickness thinned down?
                          NO It's a specially crafted tool that will fit both size GAV's ,, It's something that will probably never be reproduced again.
                          3 ~ Tudor's
                          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I will have to look at my GAV's. I have a few carbs I am going to start on soon. You can use a long hollow nut driver also?

Comment

Originally posted by dmdeaton View Post
                              I will have to look at my GAV's. I have a few carbs I am going to start on soon. You can use a long hollow nut driver also?
                              Well, I don't know about the nut drivers you own, but all of the ones I have that are large enough to fit the hex, don't have the shaft large enough to make the hole large enough to fit over the rest of the GAV. Ya never know what is out there there might be something to do that without using a deep socket.

I just use a deep 10mm, 11mm, and 7/16th socket for the ones I have encountered.

Comment