Windshield install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windshield install

How is the windshield setting tape (from Mitch) get cut on the corners? Any pictures?

Art
    This tape fits into the windshield channel perfectly, so you run the bottom and top across the complete frame length. Then butt up the other side to that, and once it’s assembled the corner will look perfect. I have not found a need to miter the ends
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thanks Mitch

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        Art
        Let me know how it works out for you

Related Topics

Collapse

• JohnB15632
      Installing windshield
      by JohnB15632
      Try as I might, I can not get the Windshield to close. It hits against the filler strip.
      I am beginning to think that I have the wrong windshield for my 31 SW 4D TS.

I have a windshield which is original. I measured the heights in the center of the window and the one installed is almost 1/4" bigger. This different in heights is what is leading me to think that this windshield...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 4 photos.
      07-25-2019, 12:39 PM
    • JohnB15632
      Model A Windshield
      by JohnB15632
      Successes are coming few and far between. But, today, I was able to put together my original windshield and windshield frame.
      As I will show you in the pictures attached, it was in pretty sorry condition when I started.
      I was most interested in saving the windshield glass, as it has an original 1960/1961 PA inspection sticker still on it!

Thanks,
      This gallery has 4 photos.
      10-03-2019, 12:33 PM
    • Paragon
      Windshield weatherstrip installation
      by Paragon
      Windshield glass, weather seal around glass and frame all went together well. Have installed bottom weatherstrip and let it rest overnight to "adjust" for any stretching. What's the trick to installing the two side weatherstripping around the windshield square nuts that are in the channel? Do you guys cut a notch in the bead to go around the nut? Is there enough stretch to get the bead...
      12-24-2018, 08:35 AM
    • DaWizard
      Windshield openings?
      by DaWizard
      I have been sitting here wondering just how many always run with the windshield open and how wide and for what reason?

I will start by saying up until a few days ago, I ran mine closed and put up with the reflection of the rear lights and stuff. But since it has been 95° plus the last few days I cracked it open about 1½in., we'll see how that works.
      07-10-2017, 03:35 PM
    • Paragon
      windshield nut
      by Paragon
      I have a 30 coupe with a chrome windshield frame, glass and weatherstripping installed and so forth. Do any of you have any experience swedging in a windshield frame nut? Snyder part number A-45475. Thanks for the responses. I'm enjoying the forum and all your help....
      05-08-2020, 12:24 PM
    • BillLee/Chandler, TX
      Painting the windshield frame
      by BillLee/Chandler, TX
      Is the windshield frame painted before or after installing the glass?
      03-27-2018, 03:18 PM
    • Beauford
      Open windshield
      by Beauford
      Anyone got a side view pic of how I install the hardware on my RPU windshield? I know I have all the parts in a box somewhere.....
      08-13-2017, 01:44 AM
    • Soapy
      What kind of windshield frame is this?
      by Soapy
      I was thinking it was for a Model A, but it's obviously something else. Model T?
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      11-17-2019, 07:31 PM
    • Dennis
      Windshield color
      by Dennis
      Reading the Paint and Finish Guide, for a 55-A, (Tudor), from 1928 thru April 1929 the windshield frame color would have been, or could have been the same as the belt & molding color. Or for the entire year it could have been just the lower body color. So can we say the windshield could be either the same as belt or could be same as lower body? My car is stamped 2/29 on the subframe. Now if...
      04-29-2020, 03:39 PM
    Working...
    X