Front Seat Backrest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front Seat Backrest

I'm trying to find clips or whatever holds the front backrest seat to the wood frame. This is a 1928 leatherback Fordor. I looked in all
    my vendor books and find stuff for everything but this. Does anyone know.
    Thanks....

Perhaps check with Le Baron Bonney if for seat springs to frame. Some cars use offset clips.

Comment

Are you talking about the 3 steel hooks the backrest spring hangs from? If so, they are hard to find because they were welded to the frame.

Comment

• DaWizard
        DaWizard commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Upholstery Mike, WELCOME to the VFF!!!

• Tom F
        Tom F commented
        Editing a comment
        Mike, I see 3 steel hooks at the very bottom of the backrest. Does the backrest seat fasten to those hooks somehow. What keeps the seat at the top from falling forward?

Welcome Mike to the VFF

It’s nice to have you here sharing your expertise on the site. For those that do not know Mike, he is the owner of Classtique Upholestry. Mike has also been helping to spread the word about our forum..
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thanks for the welcoming Mitch. Tom F, center the spring onto the hooks and then secure the top of the spring. The way to secure it is to cut 3 pieces of scrap material approximately 1" by 4" long. Then loop the srips onto the backside of the edgewire and pull the spring up with the strips. Then tack them to the top edge of the frame. Then pull the upholstery cover to the top of the wood frame and tack to it (top and sides). Then trim off the excess material.

Comment

• Tom F
          Tom F commented
          Editing a comment
          Mike, thanks for your expertise. I am going to use your directions and give it a try. Its great to have someone like you to ask about the interior work on these ole Model "A" Fords.

Tom...

• Tom F
          Tom F commented
          Editing a comment
          Mitch, is there an easy way to print someone's post?

• CarlG
          CarlG commented
          Editing a comment
          Just do a "copy - paste" into Word and print it from there.

• Tom F
          Tom F commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Carl..

Related Topics

Collapse

• cpf240
        '29 Coupe Seat Base & Riser Questions
        by cpf240
        While looking at my floor pan rust issues, I noticed some things about the seat base and riser that I'd like to ask about.

There are metal tabs on the inside front edge of the seat base, and what I'm calling clips on the front edge of the seat riser. I have not been able to find mention of these, nor a part number for the clips on the seat riser to help in determining their purpose....
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 4 photos.
        09-15-2018, 08:44 PM
      • canadian
        seat covers
        by canadian
        Are there seat cover patterns available for a DIY ER to sew his own ? I have a quote to have front seat cover made and shipped to Canada from recommended U.S. company . With Canadian dollar conversion $1400. is a little over budget . just wondering if patterns were available .
        01-13-2018, 08:30 PM
      • Jeff Hammers
        Briggs Fordor seat
        by Jeff Hammers
        Desperately seeking 1929 Briggs Steelback Fordor Model 60C front seat frame. Any condition. We could even fabricate one if we had one to look at. Restoration is stalled 'til we find this seat frame. E-mail [email protected]
        04-30-2018, 10:51 AM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        Pictures Showing Upholstering Tudor Rear Seat
        by Tom Wesenberg
        In 2014 our Model A club had a demonstration put on by Elizabeth of Classtique Upholstery, showing how to reupholster a Tudor rear seat.
        Elizabeth sure does nice work, and makes it look easy. Too bad I didn't have a video camera for this job. Notice the nice frame Elizabeth made to compress the seat springs while doing the upholstery work. The last picture shows the bead on the rear of the seat,...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 12 photos.
        02-21-2018, 09:31 AM
      • mpsportster
        Early '30 Murray Town Sedan front seat
        by mpsportster
        I just got the above car and it has the rear cushion and back rest wood & springs, but only the front cushion. Can anyone help me with pictures or anything about how the front seat is supposed to be? It has the 4 stud adjustment slides.
        05-28-2018, 07:45 AM
      • Mickey
        Coupe seat adjuster question. Answered.
        by Mickey
        On the late 1931standard coupe where does the rear of the seat adjuster spring attach? I see the hole in the adjuster for the front of the spring but on my seat I see nothing to attach to. The wood seat cushion frame looks to be original but no hole where a bracket might have been. As usual one picture is worth a 1,000 words.
        11-10-2018, 01:06 PM
      • Walt
        30 coupe seat base trim
        by Walt
        Is there supposed to be any trim on the edge of the seat base frame? I recently bought a 30 coupe (my first A) that had the interior kit in boxes. I don't see anything for that edge of the seat base and there isn't any mention in the instructions for the Cartouche kit.
        03-11-2018, 09:14 PM
      • Tom Q
        26 Fordor front seat side pockets
        by Tom Q
        Does anyone know where I can buy the lower side pockets that are located along the sidewall under the dash in the front seat? They were a brown cloth construction
        07-24-2018, 07:42 AM
      • Manager
        29 Coupe Seat frame
        by Manager
        The seat frame in my sports coupe has never seemed to fit properly so while I had it out to get some subframe measurements(another story) I decided it was time to do something about it. Afew quick measurements has the sides interfearing with the curved footrest floor panel. Looks like 1" or so needs to come off one or the other. Both seat frame and panel look origional so I'm thinking what the...
        03-11-2018, 08:04 PM
      • Curly
        Do you use seatbelts in your A?
        by Curly
        When I was younger I was an automobile accident investigator. Seeing with my own eyes the way the human body reacts to the sudden stop or the ejection was nothing short of shocking. When the automobile hits another object the front end drops violently, this throws the occupants forward and up instantly. The metal frame over the windshield kills most front seat occupants when their face hits it and...
        01-07-2018, 11:21 PM
      Working...
      X