Fender Markers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Markers

I seem to recall someone on here asking about a means to mark the front fenders so his wife would be more comfortable driving the Model A. I did a search for the thread but couldn't locate it.

at any rate, I was reminded of that when I saw this picture. Yes, I know it's on a Ch%#}*€, but I thought it was interesting nevertheless.

http://www.shorpy.com/node/22765?size=_original#caption
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Nice picture
    i wonder if they light up
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

When I was younger, I worked in one of the original self service stations, and used to pump recycled oil from one of those rectangle cans. Still remember taking the empty cans from the trash and draining them into the can. Whew, those were the days.

Plainly marked on a sign posted on the front of the small shack type building was the prices for oil, and recycled in the bottle was 25¢ qt. Had one customer that used 3 qts/day in his caddy, had him giving $1.05/day for those 3 quarts of bottled oil.
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• Mitch
        Mitch commented
        Editing a comment
        That's long before my time

How about 2 cheepie antennas, with a magnet, stuck to each end of the front bumper?---Fox Tails, OPTIONAL!
      Bill Simple

Comment

You can use these from HF 9.99

3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

When I was a kid, many cars had fender markers, and some did light up. I also remember curb feelers, so one could park close to the curb and not scuff the wide white walls on the oldsmobile.
          Bill
          http://www.brauchauto.com/
          Eastern Connecticut

Comment

How did the feelers work? Did they make a noise or something?

Comment

I remember the curb feelers. They mount to the bottom of the wheel house opening lip and rub the curb for your warning.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              3 ~ Tudor's
              Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

The feelers set up a vibrating sound throughout the whole car.
                Phil

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Big hammer
                  New oil container
                  by Big hammer
                  Bought oil from Walmart, picked up the wrong weight, took it back to get the right weight. No problem but the young lady said the cap is leaking, she opened it and what was inside was OLD DRAIN OIL !
                  They made it right but I felt like a heel/crook
                  So after paying for oil, in fronf of the clerk, I'm going to open the container and check for new clean oil this point forward!
                  09-18-2017, 09:46 PM
                • Tom Hicks
                  Model T's don't have oil pumps.
                  by Tom Hicks
                  The Model T does not have an oil pump. The engine and transmission share an oil pan, they are both bathed in the same oil. That oil is picked up by dippers under the connecting rods and slung around the engine. The magneto is attached to the flywheel and the bottom of it spins through the sump throwing oil everywhere. Ford had a funnel and tube system to catch some of that oil slung by the magneto...
                  This gallery has 2 photos.
                  09-24-2018, 09:38 AM
                • Jeff/Illinois
                  Sorry for bringing this up..............
                  by Jeff/Illinois
                  .........did a search and didn't really find what I was after, but is 5w -whatever- oil too thin for a Model A Ford? I know a lot of guys run 15w-40 Delco I get it, but would 5w30 be a bit too thin? Does that create low oil pressure issues? Reason I'm asking is I can get 5 qt. jugs of 5w30 Motorcraft on sale kinda cheap this week. Semi-synthetic. I realize the 'winter' lower number is for quicker...
                  11-02-2018, 12:12 PM
                • Paul
                  600 original oil can?
                  by Paul
                  Found this can in an antique shop. Have not bought yet. Is it the same as ford used for the Model A?
                  This gallery has 2 photos.
                  04-07-2018, 07:11 PM
                • BNCHIEF
                  Oil and the changes manufacturers are doing per the epa.
                  by BNCHIEF
                  This is not to say anything bad about any oil or brand just some info to consider.http://www.restore-an-old-car.com/be...ssic-cars.html They are taking all the zddp out of the oil we run. Right now I have delo 400LE, being discontinued, I also have shell rotella T-4 both are 15/40 these still have the zddp in the higher concentration. You can also buy zddp https://www.thoughtco.com/...
                  09-07-2017, 07:41 AM
                • Standing Elk
                  Not the normal oil question
                  by Standing Elk
                  Let's see if I can remember enough of what I was told to ask this question. Apparently the EPA mandated the removal or maybe the addition of some component to motor oil?? I was told that the new formula now carries an additional code and that it should NOT be used in our motors. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks
                  03-03-2018, 11:16 AM
                • DaWizard
                  Valve lubrication, or not!
                  by DaWizard
                  I have been seeing folk getting all over MMO and questioning the reason for using it. Well, I think it is time to clear a bit of air within these airheads and explain why MMO or Seafoam, or these top end lubricants are almost a must.

If you will take a look at this picture of the valve chamber, you will see to the right a copper tube protruding from the bottom of the valve valley. Well,...
                  09-05-2017, 10:30 PM
                • Larry Jenkins
                  Fender Repair Fixture
                  by Larry Jenkins
                  In one of my old articles that Mitch posted, there's one about a Fender Repair Fixture that some of you asked about. In that there are no more patterns, I did contact the person I gave the last original steel one to. I asked him if he would sell it.
                  His response was, paraphrased, have someone contact me ([email protected]) and I will give it to him/her if they pay shipping to them. ...
                  02-06-2018, 08:26 PM
                • RockHillWill
                  Aluminum Model A Front Fender Build
                  by RockHillWill
                  This is a project that I have wanted to try since getting more involved in the metal shaping segment of automotive restoration. I have taken a particular interest in doing aluminum work because it looks to be more difficult to achieve by both welding and finishing. This project is a 1930-1931 Front fender. I have been involved the last few years with a gentleman in Belfast, Tennessee who asked for...
                  This gallery has 5 photos.
                  06-07-2018, 08:00 PM
                • dmdeaton
                  Oil Pump
                  by dmdeaton
                  We may have went over some of this in the oil filter thread. I am still a little grey on how the A oil system works. The A has a oil pump but is not full pressurized? Only certain parts get the oil from the pump? Shops machine and add some internal plumbing to get oil to the cam bearings?
                  The B blocks have a better oil system?
                  thanks guys
                  01-20-2018, 07:30 PM
                Working...
                X