Wiper motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wiper motor

The original wiper motor has been replaced. The switch is dash mounted. The switch has three ports. Wiper motor, manifold, and one plugged off. Where can I get a replacement switch?

Well all i could come up with is this 69 LTD headlight switch. It has 3 vacuum ports on the end that would operate the headlight doors. I see these for sale for about 20.00, but you would also need the knob that operates this switch. The vacuum portion of it is separate from the electrical
    This will work but it maybe a little bulky if you don't have the room behind the mounting panel.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• telmore1964
      Ford Model A Vacuum Wiper Motor
      by telmore1964
      I am thinking I would like to have my truck as original as possible and thinking about going back to vacuum wipers. I can't tell for sure if this truck ever had the vacuum motor installed because the holes that are already there don't seem to line up with Trico wiper motor mounting holes. Also on the outside of the window frame there is no hole large enough for the vacuum hose and on the inside of...
      10-02-2018, 03:01 AM
    • Chevmn56
      Most Agravating Thing to Work on On the Model A
      by Chevmn56
      Hey Guys I know i dont have the experience or knowledge that you guys have, but man i will say that i think the Model A light switch has been the worst to work on. After messing with the dam thing for 4hrs (im not a quitter) i finally gave up and called Berts. Steve took about 5 minutes to straighten me out and get me on the right road, i felt like a complete bone head.

In trying to install...
      05-24-2018, 11:22 AM
    • dmdeaton
      Windshield Wipers
      by dmdeaton
      The roadster has a thin piece of wire holding the wiper arm up. Vacuum motor, good looking housing, I assume original. I guess this might be something I piddle with soon. Do the wipers work ok when all is well, or just rainx the glass and go on? What is everyone doing?
      08-23-2018, 09:25 PM
    • Art Ebeling
      light switch
      by Art Ebeling
      I have a light switch that I was told was a replated original. When I compare it to one I already have I notice the contacts are flatter, not rounded and the contact part does not have an spring under it so it rattles around where the other has spring tension holding the contacts tight. Can you guys tell by the picture if this is an original and what about that spring tension?
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      12-06-2017, 08:27 AM
    • DaWizard
      Heres one for ya.
      by DaWizard
      For the last few weeks I have been having a small problem with the light switch on the bottom of the steering column and yesterday I decided it was time to attack it.

So, I remove the switch, start to clean it up, and remove the switch plate and disassemble the whole thing. Well, very little oil between the tang plate and insulating plate, but that is all. So, I get out the test light
      10-18-2017, 12:39 PM
    • BILL WILLIAMSON
      "HOT" SWITCH?
      by BILL WILLIAMSON
      "Sometimes" I read of electrical problems that are quite CONFUSING???
      It's good to know if your Ignition Switch is still wired in the original configuration, or if it has been rewired to a so called "HOT" switch, like most cars are. MANY cars have been modified, in their SORRID background!
      Dad Switcharoo
      04-12-2018, 08:33 AM
    • merjohn
      Light Switch Contacts
      by merjohn
      The light switch that is on our 31 truck has 4 contact points. The new wiring harness has 3 groups of 3 contacts. Is this normal?...
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      07-22-2018, 09:07 PM
    • Tom Wesenberg
      Pictures of Fluted and Twolite Switch Contact Plates
      by Tom Wesenberg
      I finally found my pictures of the two main switch plates used on Model A's. I don't have a picture of the switch used with early 28's, and have only seen one of them about 20 years ago. Maybe someone has a picture to fill that one in. The blue background is the 4 contacts switch used with FLUTED headlamps with 3 positions, and the lower left in the picture just shows an extra contacts part I had....
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      11-04-2017, 10:47 AM
    • DaWizard
      Backup Switch
      by DaWizard
      Since I was asked about how I installed a backup switch in my shifter tower, here is what I did.

First, removed the tower and set it up vertical on a Bridgeport mill. This was easily done since the tower has machined surfaces that are at a right angle to each other. So I used a 8" angle plate anchored to the mill table, indexed the shifter rail end to the mill head, did a small removal
      This gallery has 6 photos.
      04-02-2018, 11:46 AM
    • Steve Duke
      58 ford Custom 300 backup light switch mounting position
      by Steve Duke
      I really hate to ask but can someone exsplain where the backup switch mounting position is on a standard 3spd with overdrive. Pics would be awesome if someone has any. This was an add on option back then at least on a custom anyway and the previous owner had it mounted on a hurst floor shifter so I never had the proper bracket or ever saw it hooked up. Thank for all the help in advance.
      09-03-2018, 07:48 PM
    Working...
    X