ignition cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ignition cable

I did ask on another thread but thought I should start a new topic. How does the ignition switch cable head apart to rebuild replace the key door and obtain key codes etc?

Art
    there is a Number on the side of the outer plated barrel On the Popout . Dick Crabtree Can key the door and popout alike .
    I have a Krw key cutter and puncher as well if you want to try but keys are not my forte so I usually get my help on them from Dick Crabtree.

Larry

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Fixitphil
      Keys
      by Fixitphil
      I have a 31' Sport Coupe. I need door keys. Does any vendor sell the lug or how do I go about having keys made?
      Phil
      11-20-2017, 03:14 PM
    • pAAt
      Electrolock key
      by pAAt
      I have no key for my electrolock ignition switch, but I have a key machine and blanks. What are the chances of making my own key (how to go about it would be a handy bit of info)or can someone make one for me ? Thanks, Pat...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 2 photos.
      06-07-2018, 06:58 PM
    • Leo
      United Motors Key Blank for Model A?
      by Leo
      Does anyone know if United Motors Key #098U will fit a 1930 Model A Ford ignition or door? It was posted as being for Briggs&Stratton auto applications 1924 through 1930?
      07-28-2019, 02:30 PM
    • old31
      pop out ignition problem
      by old31
      My 30 has a pop out ignition, and now the key will not turn, it is just locked.

What is the fix for this? What would cause this?
      12-29-2018, 02:41 PM
    • Jim Mason
      key codes
      by Jim Mason
      07-27-2019, 09:14 PM
    • EarlyBert
      Key cylinder is seized in the handle
      by EarlyBert
      Good day all. I am new to the Model A lifestyle. I recently purchased a 1928 AR Tudor that was, for the most part, restored. One issue I am trying to address is the key cylinder in the passenger door handle is seized in the handle. I made a key for it & the tumblers are free but the plug won't turn.
      I shot it with PB Blaster a couple times a day for many days, I soaked it overnight in Coca...
      08-09-2017, 03:23 PM
    • BudP
      Pop-out Switch and Ignition Cable Question
      by BudP
      Bratton's 2018 Catalog on Page 78 has an ignition switch test, copied below. It states that with the ignition key off, there should be continuity using a multi-meter between the brass end which goes into the distributor (their point B on the chart) and the cable (their point C on the chart). Les Andrews states essentially the same thing in the red book on Page 1-203, paragraph 4, copied below....
      08-22-2018, 08:23 PM
    • Silent Thunder
      Exterior door locks on a 47 ford
      by Silent Thunder
      I have two styles to choose from, one has the flap to keep water out internally and the other has an external flap that swings away. Which style door lock is correct for 47 Super Deluxe? Also when I bought a new trunk handle and lock the key way is not the same as the glove box which I thought it was suppose to share with? It matches the exterior door locks? What gives?
      03-10-2018, 05:55 PM
    • Mickey
      Rear axle key question
      by Mickey
      I know the beveled end of the key goes inward towards the bearing but does the bevel itself go down into the groove up?
      04-19-2019, 08:53 AM
    • Great Lakes Greg
      Pinion gear key
      by Great Lakes Greg
      Probably an easy one. I assume the pinion gear key is the same size as the axle keys?
      05-25-2019, 02:16 PM
    Working...
    X