door sills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• door sills

The door sills I have for My 31 Victoria seem to come up a little short compared to the door opening. I have a little space on both ends. Does anyone have a picture of them installed showing both ends? Also, when nailing the top edge down does it nail into a little edge rabbitted on the outside of the wooden subframe? Thanks, Art

Art
    I fit Dales Victoria sills and he had the originals which were poor so we put the reproduction units on.
    They take a little fitting and yes, they have to be nailed on to the underneath side before the body is frame mounted
    make sure they are fitting with the door closure ok as well before final tacking.

john hash and others may have some input as well on this. If you need some pictures for reference for Dales I can get some for you.
    Larry

Comment

Larry, I was going to give Dale a call to take more pictures. I have the originals that are beat up but I can slip them on pretty easily. The new ones are going to take some fitting. I will still have about a 1/4" inch gap at both ends that I am not sure about so looking at Dales car will help. Thanks for the help.

Comment

Art, yes they do take some fitting. One side of his fits better then he other. I remember having to form it down to be nailed pretty well. I'll bet when these were install at the factory they did something of similar nature though. We want to think of everything of a precision nature but I've seen fireballs whacked under gas tanks that clearly hadn't been out before. Tops of tanks same thing to make hoods align down, etc

I think A&l makes those so you could always give Allen Lepore a call maybe to discuss fit as well.

just a thought ....
        larry

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
          BILL WILLIAMSON commented
          Editing a comment
          Art,
          If they're just a LITTLE short, grab your TORCH & sum GAP ROD.
          Helping an Old Welder, as he filled up a BIG GAP,--"Turn up the welder & hand me some 5/16" rod"---As he arced along, he added the 5/16" rod, in amongst the ARC---BEAUTIFUL, PERFECT, WIDE bead!!!
          LOVED that man, Guv Riggs, lived ALONE, with 3 Dogs & Fightin' CHICKENS! His Brother was a Multi Million Dollar RANCHER!
          Dad Weldershelper

Related Topics

Collapse

• Supergnat
        Bent hinges - DUMB MISTAKE
        by Supergnat
        I am really embarrassed to write this but I desperate need of advice. I accidentally drove my 28 Fordor Leatherback into the garage with the driver side rear door open. The door caught on the edge of the garage opening molding and bent the door back over the rear fender. I was able to straighten the edge of the door where it contacted the fender but the door will not close anymore. The upper and...
        03-14-2018, 07:27 AM
      • 30Pickemup
        Door Bumpers on a Pickup
        by 30Pickemup
        I’m going to adjusting the cab to fit the doors and the hood now that everything is painted.
        My issue now is to not chip the paint in the process - so I thought it would be a good idea to install the door bumpers to protect the cab and the doors.

I have the parts shown in the pictures - as the door bumper kit. (I put captions under them)
        I figured out where the top corner...
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 4 photos.
        02-18-2018, 07:52 PM
      • CarlG
        Door opening
        by CarlG
        Is there an easy way to allow the passengers door on my pickup to open wider?
        08-10-2018, 02:35 AM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        Car Hauler Door warning and Mystery Solved
        by Tom Wesenberg
        I'm north at my friend's house to dig up some small evergreens, and the first thing Charlie asked me to look at was his rear door on his Cargo Mate trailer. The cable had come completely off the spool, and he couldn't figure out why or how to fix it. The first thing we did was remove the metal cover over the shaft and springs. Right away I didn't like to see the 8' shaft with no center support. When...
        06-26-2017, 10:20 AM
      • Mickey
        Door dovetail need help
        by Mickey
        In the first picture below on the left is what came out of my truck door and I believe it is incorrect. On the right is the one I believe is correct for my late '31 CCPU. My big question, assuming the right one is correct, is how do I get it in. You can see the small cavity it fits into and can only go in from the front opening....
        04-18-2018, 12:21 PM
      • pAAt
        Door lube
        by pAAt
        What kind of lube should be used on door hinge pins and door opening components ? Thanks in advance.
        08-24-2017, 08:11 AM
      • fred93
        Options for repairing/adjusting a sagging outside door handle
        by fred93
        Does anyone have a suggestion as to how I can adjust a sagging outside door handle. It is not real bad, but I would like to make it perfect. I was thinking about twisting the shank a bit????
        03-11-2018, 12:27 PM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        Sedan Doors Hard to Open
        by Tom Wesenberg
        When I stopped by Mark's house the other day, he showed me an interesting problem on his sedan. The doors shut fine, but when he tried to turn the handle to open the front doors, it was hard to turn. I rolled the front door windows down and was able to squirt oil on the mechanism inside the door. This was all that was needed to fix the problem. But for the rear doors, even with the windows all the...
        05-06-2018, 01:33 PM
      • donh
        aluminum top molding for a 30 170B 4 door
        by donh
        Have tried to bend the molding around the rear corners of the top but can't keep it from twisting. How is it done? Donh
        11-03-2018, 10:48 PM
      • Beauford
        Door Latch
        by Beauford
        For some reson my pass door on my 29 RPU wont stay shut. It always needed a slam but now that doesnt even work. Latches and mechanisms are all new. Spring on latch is strong. I know the door is a little off but didn't know if something was easier than shimming.
        09-13-2018, 08:10 PM
      Working...
      X