Looking for someone with an Unrestored '29 Murray Town Sedan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for someone with an Unrestored '29 Murray Town Sedan

I am working on a 1929 Murray body Town Sedan that I received as a complete basket case. Getting ready to do the interior and would like to find someone with an Unrestored one that would be willing to take a bunch of digital interior photos. I am willing to send a camera chip for the photos.
    Thanks, Ed

Saturday afternoon,
    Thanks folks for the replys. From the looks of it I need to provide some more info.
    I am building a Touring car, not a fine points car.

Some of the specific info I am looking for is:
    Routing and attachment of the electric wiper wire on the header.
    How the upholstery meets at the top and bottom of the door posts.
    Whats seals the gap between the bottom of the door and the body.
    How the upholstery meets up with the dash rail and the window garnish.
    How the carpet meets up with the rear seat.

These are the iteams that come to mind at this moment.
    After 50+ years I have figured out that I am a visual learner.
    Thanks again, Ed
    Last edited by EdW; 11-18-2017, 05:26 PM. Reason: Edit to add additional information.

Welcome Ed to the VFF!
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Hey EdW, WELCOME to the VFF!!

Sorry, but we don't have a '29 Murray in our group, or I would be glad to take all the pictures you need. I will keep my eyes open up here in Dizzyland for ya. Maybe Dennis in the OC chapter has a member with one for ya.
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Ed welcome I have a 29 Murray but it is my driver and finished, I still can take any pics you might need....

Comment

• tbirdtbird
          tbirdtbird commented
          Editing a comment
          If Mark did it, it is accurate, you can count on that

We have them in our club, but I'm not sure of what you are looking for. Will this be for judging? How correct do you need for it to be?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• aok
          Town sedan dash board pained or woodgrain 1929 1930
          by aok
          Still on a quest for a car. I have been thinking about a town sedan.
          Looking at photos in various places I see some with the dash painted and some with wood grain.
          Just wondering what is correct or were there different options....
          11-08-2019, 11:31 AM
        • gary watson
          toudor body info
          by gary watson
          i need to know if the 29 and 30 rear top quarters are the same from door to rear seam
          12-14-2018, 05:10 PM
        • Steve Plucker
          60-C and 170-A 2-window fordor sedan body differences
          by Steve Plucker
          Somewhere there are color photos showing the difference in the bodies of the 60-C and the 170-A 2-window fordor sedans.

Anyone?

Thanks.

Pluck
          11-04-2019, 10:41 AM
        • Fick4fun
          1934 fordor garge find
          by Fick4fun
          Hello everybody i recently purchesed a 34 fordor from a friend of mines grandpa. The family wanted nothing to do with the car so i couldnt let it go to waste. The car has been sitting in the garage since 1958 and it was only touched in the 70s when he was going to rod the car like they did back then. Now mind you i bought this car in peices alot of peices. Since i am new to these things and have not...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          01-30-2019, 04:58 PM
        • Tom Wesenberg
          Some Interior Pictures of an Original 1929 Town Sedan
          by Tom Wesenberg
          This nice original 1929 Town Sedan showed up at our annual swap and car show a couple years ago.
          It sure is nice when people have enough sense to keep a nice original car original, instead of thinking they are improving it by restoring it....
          This gallery has 6 photos.
          02-21-2018, 10:22 AM
        • slammin
          How to keep rain out between glass and body
          by slammin
          My 29 Tudor was in the driveway during an unexpected heavy rain. Without an interior I was able to see all the leaks. I have never seen any seals between the windows and body listed any where. Interior pictures of recent restorations show unstained panels, not the case with older interiors. I know the importance of keep the door drains clear. What about the water at the rear quarter windows? I don't...
          10-10-2017, 08:32 AM
        • Swastler
          29 sedan delivery on ebay
          by Swastler
          therevis a really good unrestored sedan delivery listed in Michigan I think it said. I had always wanted one and although the bin price is a bit high, it would look incredible in any garage!!!!! Sorry no link, not sure how with my phone
          06-12-2018, 05:13 PM
        • Dan Beardsley
          30 Murray Town Sedan rear wheel well
          by Dan Beardsley
          Does anyone know if these 3 holes at the bottom of the wheel wells are original? What would they be used for?
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          03-15-2018, 08:23 PM
        • Mike V. Florida
          pit in stomach
          by Mike V. Florida
          Once again I have a pit in my stomach. Tuesday afternoon a gentleman from Germany is coming by to test drive and look at my Town Sedan. To sell it is killing me. This was the first Model A I ever saw in person, the first one I ever drove, the first one I ever owned, I've met fantastic people in person and online because of that car. I need the room in the garage to finish work with my sons on the...
          09-19-2017, 01:10 AM
        • James77
          New Guy from Ky!
          by James77
          Hey all, just joined. New to Model A's. Don't currently have one. Trying to get ahead, be able to have one. Hard to do. Life! The wife and I are currently taking care of my mother. She was diagnosed with Alzheimers. What's the values of Model A's? Nothing rare, something like a tudor sedan. Like muscle cars too, but those are crazy high!!!!
          04-27-2018, 01:45 PM
        Working...
        X