Seat upholstery installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat upholstery installation

Fred, the previous owner of my 28 AA truck, bought new seat springs and upholstery for it. I'm ready to try my hand in the recovering process, any tips or links would be helpful. Thank you, Pat
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Ck out the how to videos on this page
    http://www.lebaronbonney.com/photo-galleries.htm

a good hog ring pliers is a must if your using them

http://www.homedepot.com/p/GearWrenc...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

i bought an air stapler from lowes, it does tiny brads and staples

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Bostitch-0-...tapler/4771627

i hope some of this info is useful
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      Amazon has this hog ring pliers set. Having both straight and angled is nice

X 2 on the tools! air stapler for sure. the hog ring pliers LBB sends are small and very hard on your hand

Comment

• Mitch
      Mitch commented
      Editing a comment
      hard is being very kind.. i threw mine down the street, why even give u anything at that point

• tbirdtbird
      tbirdtbird commented
      Editing a comment
      LOL I was exhibiting great self control when I worded that.....LOL LOL

It's fun to go & sit in an upholstery shop & just WATCH, you can LURN a lots of TRICKS!!!
    Bill W.

Comment

I would give Elizabeth a call. I need to find out her phone number now that she sold the business to her former employee.

I found nice heavy duty hog ring pliers at swap meets and secondhand stores. Farm stores such as Fleet Farm should also sell them.

Comment

At garage sales, be sure to ask about PARTS/TOOLS/BUCKET OF BOLTS/ETC! DON'T just ask for OLD stuff, the Guy might sell you his WIFE---LOL

Comment

If the material is vinyl, we've had good luck when the material is warm but not too hot. This allows enough stretch to keep it taught during cold temp's. Also, if you have access to cotton or breathable batting, that may be preferred to synth. foam which can deteriorate over time. Some folks like to have a muslin isolation layer between the covering material and foam batting. If you don't have instructions, center the material over the seat (s) and work from the center out ward to avoid puckers.

Comment

PUCKERS are only for KISSIN'---------
            Bill Lover

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mickey
              Upholstery repair??
              by Mickey
              The seat springs on the drivers side are broken in several places causing a hugh dip in the seat when you are behind the steering wheel. I am going to replace the spring but could use some advice. As you can see in the photo the upholstery is in pretty good condition. Eventually I will replace the interior but for now I'd like to transfer the old seat cover over to the new springs. Have any of you...
              08-20-2018, 08:47 AM
            • Dennis
              Upholstery material
              by Dennis
              Who has the best matching upholstery material available? After discovering the correct material on my rear seat and comparing it to the samples from a year ago that I received from LeBaron Bonney, they don't match. The LB sample looks blue with a gray hairline while my seat material looks gray with a blue hairline. I know there are others out there that have kits and materials available, so I'd...
              04-12-2018, 04:39 PM
            • Tom Wesenberg
              Pictures Showing Upholstering Tudor Rear Seat
              by Tom Wesenberg
              In 2014 our Model A club had a demonstration put on by Elizabeth of Classtique Upholstery, showing how to reupholster a Tudor rear seat.
              Elizabeth sure does nice work, and makes it look easy. Too bad I didn't have a video camera for this job. Notice the nice frame Elizabeth made to compress the seat springs while doing the upholstery work. The last picture shows the bead on the rear of the seat,...
              02-21-2018, 08:31 AM
            • Art Ebeling
              Water stain on seat
              by Art Ebeling
              I put my rear seat in after picking it up at the upholster and it has a large water stain or water ring. How can I remove that water mark?
              03-04-2018, 05:35 PM
            • Big guy
              S%#T! seat Tear
              by Big guy
              Active fathers day for the 29 Tudor. Had a great time cruising with the grandkids and family. So I look yesterday and there is a tear in the passenger seat back edge that lines up perfectly with the parking brake!!! Damn it !!!!! I'm supposed to be the guardian of this beautifully restored piece of history and my first outing with family and its already less perfect then when I bought it! I'm guessing...
              06-21-2018, 09:20 AM
            • cpf240
              '29 Coupe Seat Base & Riser Questions
              by cpf240
              While looking at my floor pan rust issues, I noticed some things about the seat base and riser that I'd like to ask about.

There are metal tabs on the inside front edge of the seat base, and what I'm calling clips on the front edge of the seat riser. I have not been able to find mention of these, nor a part number for the clips on the seat riser to help in determining their purpose....
              09-15-2018, 07:44 PM
            • Beauford
              Roadster P/U seat
              by Beauford
              Ok I have put my new seat in and there is no way on gods green earth I could drive this. I am 6' and 170lbs and the wheel is close to my stomach. I have read else where the backrest goes behind bottom cushion and under wooden rail lip, I have read it does not...anyone know? These are correct new springs from Snyders....
              08-02-2017, 09:34 AM
            • DaWizard
              Upholstery from 1928
              by DaWizard
              I just uncovered the back of the drivers seat to install a new pillow case since it will take some time before I can afford even slip covers. I do love Walmart prices, and thanks to all who suggested the pillow cases, they are tight to say the least, but a great challenge fitting them on for my arthritic hands.

Anyway, here is a picture of my original 1928 front seat back upholstery!
              09-30-2018, 03:21 PM
            • mpsportster
              Early '30 Murray Town Sedan front seat
              by mpsportster
              I just got the above car and it has the rear cushion and back rest wood & springs, but only the front cushion. Can anyone help me with pictures or anything about how the front seat is supposed to be? It has the 4 stud adjustment slides.
              05-28-2018, 06:45 AM
            • mshmodela
              Seat Belts
              by mshmodela
              Advice on seat belts: Brands you like etc. Links on good methods of installation... I've put this off too long so looking for advice... My understanding is a lapbelt is about all that somewhat workable.
              05-08-2017, 06:47 AM
            Working...
            X