kidde fire extinguishers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kidde fire extinguishers

thought i had posted this last week on the recall,did a search, did not find it.anyhow check kidde web site for your model& date,back to 1973 i think.got on this the day of recall. i have 5, 2 new ones came today along with postage for sending old ones back. tom

Tom
    I don't remember that recall post, but i did end up buying two halons
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

A side note, Halon was banned in the 1990's by the EPA (ozone depletion) ,and we had to scramble to get it out of facilities. We had as well 2 Kidde's just replaced for the shop area. Go on line to see model no's affected and /or call. Recall can't be done via a local distributor.

Comment

Mitch, check the label, they are probably Halon 2 type. I use the same types, no mess.

Comment

Actually Ed it says Halotron

I believe that's the newer approved version
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Oh great. I have 12 of these things for all the cars and one for the shop and one for the house. I will need a large pad to write all the model and serial and date numbers.
            Bill
            http://www.brauchauto.com/
            Eastern Connecticut

Comment

I just checked my units and called in the model numbers, serial numbers, date codes, and had to call 3 times to finally get it settled. I am getting 10 new extinguishers.
              Bill
              http://www.brauchauto.com/
              Eastern Connecticut

Comment

• Mitch
                Mitch commented
                Editing a comment
                Woohoo Bill an all around win

they were good people to work with,got 3 out of 5 so far

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• pAAt
                Search function
                by pAAt
                I used the search function top right of the page this morning for the first time and it works Great !! Thanks Mitch for not making me go to Google and then get redirected back to your site for the info. I was spending a lot of time on the other site doing just that. Looks like rain again, here in Minnesota, Good day !
                10-03-2017, 08:56 AM
              • merjohn
                New
                by merjohn
                1. We will be getting the block bored out to 60 over in a-couple of weeks. This motor was seized when we got the truck. It had 40 over pistons in it and we are going to go to 60 over. The pistons were bought from Snyder’s. My question is should we have all four cylinders honed to 4 thousands over or just numbers 3 and 4 and hone 1 and 2 to 3 thousands over. The reason I am asking is I have read...
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 20 photos.
                04-27-2018, 09:55 PM
              • Jeff/Illinois
                Not Pleased w/ Grundy Insurance
                by Jeff/Illinois
                I had two antique cars covered by Grundy for several years. I no longer needed the coverage so I wrote to them last August and canceled my policy.

Several weeks went by and I never heard anything back nor saw a refund check. I called them and they said 'We rec'd your cancellation notice August 20th. It was processed on September 17th(??) It may take up to 30 days for you to get it. If...
                10-11-2018, 08:44 PM
              • DaWizard
                Mallory YA-11A distributor
                by DaWizard
                Howdy folks, last night I was given a Mallory YA-11A single point distributor for the Model A and was wondering if anyone has any paperwork and possibly parts for it. It has only been 60+ years since I rebuilt one, and back then, parts were all over the place. My Google search turned up a LOT of information over there where I am still BANNED for the second time. It is the hope of it's owner that I...
                09-28-2017, 03:21 PM
              • Mitch
                Another search option
                by Mitch
                I was PM'ed about the sites ability to narrow down a search better by individual forums, as the main search box above (top right) will give you an overall result.

Go to NEW TOPICS at the top left underneath Forums

then click ADVANCED SEARCH

this opens up the advance search box

by clicking SOURCES you can limit your search to an individual forum...
                06-23-2017, 08:07 AM
              • pAAt
                Luckiest man alive
                by pAAt
                Tom and I had to stop in a couple places in Delaware, and pick up some parts I bought, after Brent's Clinic was over. First stop and first 3 pics were at Mickey's to get a HC head. Tom got his ignition fixed up perdy good and we left with my head and gasket. We stopped at the next stop and picked up the multi clutch trans package. I remembered I forgot the 1/2" starter, but couldn't get back...
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 6 photos.
                04-24-2018, 02:25 AM
              • tbirdtbird
                Selling a car long distance? Worried about money transfer? Advice from my bank......
                by tbirdtbird
                Selling a car long distance? Worried about money transfer?
                Given the high rate of fraudulent financial transactions going on, who wouldn't be.

I am selling a car (thank goodness not an A) to a party in Michigan, and we are in Texas.
                I would always prefer a face-to-face cash-in-hand transaction, but in this case that is not possible. As the seller, I needed to...
                08-18-2017, 01:43 PM
              Working...
              X