K-D Wheel Removal Tool Mystery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-D Wheel Removal Tool Mystery?

I don't see how this would work, and can't imagine why anyone needs a wheel removal tool anyway. The center hole is just a hair under 3 1/4".
    As the two levers move together the plates spread apart a few thousandths because of a series of ramps on the inside of the plates.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Boy, that's a good one. My first thought was perhaps part of a steering wheel puller, but I can't imagine how or what might be missing to make it work for that purpose either.

Comment

Looks to be as useful as a bladeless knife without a handle.

Tom, how do you come up with this stuff, anyway? LOL

Comment

One of the club members brought it to the meeting last night. It just make no sense to me. I can't even figure out where it would be installed.

Comment

Good find Tom. I can’t for the life of me see how it would work. I like that it’s stamped “Model A”.

Comment

Possibly for getting a handle for grabbing the front hub. I can not think of any other use that would be practicle. Rod
            "Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." Thomas Sowell

Comment

Your missing most of the puller.

Bob
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks Bob, that sure explains how that is suppose to work, knowing that that part is the ring that holds the fingers around the edge makes a huge difference!
                You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
                  Thanks Bob, that sure explains how that is suppose to work, knowing that that part is the ring that holds the fingers around the edge makes a huge difference!
                  X2 Thanks
                  3 ~ Tudor's
                  Henry Ford said
                  "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thanks Bob, I figured there must be parts missing, but I still don't see how it works.

Comment

Tom, you pull that ring you have all the way up and it opens the jaws then place the puller over the hub and push the ring down
                      and it locks it on the hub.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob C View Post
                        Tom, you pull that ring you have all the way up and it opens the jaws then place the puller over the hub and push the ring down
                        and it locks it on the hub.

Bob
                        So, the wheel is off and this tool locks to the hub, and pulls the hub loose from the tapered end of the axle?
                        Then it should be called a hub puller, and not a wheel puller.

Comment

I'm having a hard time picturing it also,, what does the ring part do?
                          3 ~ Tudor's
                          Henry Ford said
                          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Mitch, that is a "One size fits all" universal hub puller. You can tell by the steps on the fingers that it is made for several different size hubs. You take the whole thing, ring and all, slide it on a hub, then move the ring to the placement on the fingers that locks it on that hub and screw the bolt in and it presses on the axle to remove the drum/hub.
                            You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• tbirdtbird
                              How to remove those nasty rusted nuts and bolts
                              by tbirdtbird
                              HOW TO FREE UP RUSTED FASTENERS

We grew up in the northeast, where the road salt in the long winter was deeper than the snow, and we were fed rust flavored Gerber Baby Food and learned to like it. Example, brake lines on any car lasted no more than 3 years.

Accordingly, we had to develop strategies to deal with rusted fasteners. And they were ALL rusted.

I have...
                              09-22-2019, 08:09 PM
                            • Terry, NJ
                              More Death Wobble stuff !
                              by Terry, NJ
                              Just to update my situation regarding my 30 coupe. Wednesday I finished putting the recut drums back on. Iclesned them all up , recut them. The guy who cut them for me said one was quite a bit out of round. I thoroughly washed the the bearings, greased them, and reinstalled them. The results were striking. The ride was greatly improved. You don't realise how bad it can be until it gets better....
                              01-17-2020, 08:59 AM
                            • Tom Wesenberg
                              Stud Removal Tool
                              by Tom Wesenberg
                              Here's a tool I haven't seen before, and was wondering if it's like a common 3 jaw chuck, which would grab with smooth sides?

Last year I finally bought an expensive SnapOn stud remover kit, which has threaded collets to really grab the stud by the threads.

https://www.amazon.com/ARES-70016-Da...AWFBH&keywords...
                              06-16-2019, 09:32 AM
                            • Rob Doe
                              Model A Wheel Spokes
                              by Rob Doe
                              Removed Little Bug's rear wheels yesterday. Just happened to notice a couple bent spokes. What are my options?

Run as is? We don't drive very fast. Wheel and tire run out seems to be slight.

Use some special tool to straighten? There are tools to straighten bowed tubes on aircraft.

Look for replacements? New from Snyder's are $450??...
                              01-02-2022, 10:17 AM
                            • Greynomad
                              What is trhe PCD of a Model A wheel?
                              by Greynomad
                              As the heading says, I'd like to know what the spacing of the Model A wheel studs is. 5 on 4.5" or 5 on 5"?
                              I tries searching for it but no luck. Thanks guys.
                              11-10-2021, 03:36 PM
                            • bosticjb
                              Bent spokes
                              by bosticjb
                              Any body use the spoke tools to streighten bent spokes I have a couple wheels that are not running true and which ones works best...
                              02-26-2021, 06:48 PM
                            • Mitch
                              A good Model A tool
                              by Mitch
                              This is a great tool that every Model A owner needs, to efficiently and easily fish out your broken bendix parts from the fly wheel housing. It has a durable / bendable rod that is 24" long, with a cap on the end which prevents the sides from magnetizing to things when your fishing it down. The cap is held in place by the magnet and then pushes up once it bottoms out. For coming off the snap...
                              This gallery has 4 photos.
                              11-01-2017, 11:26 AM
                            • Cape Codder
                              Cleaning My New Steering Wheel
                              by Cape Codder
                              I thought I would take some time off from cleaning my NEW Steering wheel.

The first picture shows how I have mounted to do it. I sit 90 degrees to the shaft while working. Much easier than working on it
                              as you would while sitting in the car. The pipe vise was a gift from my Uncles Estate years ago. Thanks Uncle Jake!

The second one shows on the outer...
                              08-07-2021, 09:58 AM
                            • Gary Karr
                              Original Steering Wheel Restoration Articles, by Gary Karr, Pluck
                              by Gary Karr
                              Original Thread

OK, restoring the 1928 red steering wheel is actually easier than you think. I started off with a rather shabby wheel with several cracks and a couple of missing pieces. I began by laying out some newspaper and began sanding the entire wheel with 320 grit sandpaper over the paper so I could collect the red dust off of the wheel. Try not to sand off the circular grooves...
                              02-24-2020, 07:48 PM
                            • canadian
                              Modern wheel
                              by canadian
                              Any suggestions on using a modern wheel for 50 kilometer trip and storage? I think i asked this before but brain a little soft on one side. 29 Model A.
                              11-25-2019, 02:12 PM
                            Working...
                            X