K-D Wheel Removal Tool Mystery?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K-D Wheel Removal Tool Mystery?

I don't see how this would work, and can't imagine why anyone needs a wheel removal tool anyway. The center hole is just a hair under 3 1/4".
    As the two levers move together the plates spread apart a few thousandths because of a series of ramps on the inside of the plates.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

Boy, that's a good one. My first thought was perhaps part of a steering wheel puller, but I can't imagine how or what might be missing to make it work for that purpose either.

Comment

Looks to be as useful as a bladeless knife without a handle.

Tom, how do you come up with this stuff, anyway? LOL

Comment

One of the club members brought it to the meeting last night. It just make no sense to me. I can't even figure out where it would be installed.

Comment

Good find Tom. I can’t for the life of me see how it would work. I like that it’s stamped “Model A”.

Comment

Possibly for getting a handle for grabbing the front hub. I can not think of any other use that would be practicle. Rod
            "Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good." Thomas Sowell

Comment

Your missing most of the puller.

Bob
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Thanks Bob, that sure explains how that is suppose to work, knowing that that part is the ring that holds the fingers around the edge makes a huge difference!
                You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post
                  Thanks Bob, that sure explains how that is suppose to work, knowing that that part is the ring that holds the fingers around the edge makes a huge difference!
                  X2 Thanks
                  3 ~ Tudor's
                  Henry Ford said
                  "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Thanks Bob, I figured there must be parts missing, but I still don't see how it works.

Comment

Tom, you pull that ring you have all the way up and it opens the jaws then place the puller over the hub and push the ring down
                      and it locks it on the hub.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob C View Post
                        Tom, you pull that ring you have all the way up and it opens the jaws then place the puller over the hub and push the ring down
                        and it locks it on the hub.

Bob
                        So, the wheel is off and this tool locks to the hub, and pulls the hub loose from the tapered end of the axle?
                        Then it should be called a hub puller, and not a wheel puller.

Comment

I'm having a hard time picturing it also,, what does the ring part do?
                          3 ~ Tudor's
                          Henry Ford said
                          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Mitch, that is a "One size fits all" universal hub puller. You can tell by the steps on the fingers that it is made for several different size hubs. You take the whole thing, ring and all, slide it on a hub, then move the ring to the placement on the fingers that locks it on that hub and screw the bolt in and it presses on the axle to remove the drum/hub.
                            You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Mitch
                              A good Model A tool
                              by Mitch
                              This is a great tool that every Model A owner needs, to efficiently and easily fish out your broken bendix parts from the fly wheel housing. It has a durable / bendable rod that is 24" long, with a cap on the end which prevents the sides from magnetizing to things when your fishing it down. The cap is held in place by the magnet and then pushes up once it bottoms out. For coming off the snap...
                              This gallery has 4 photos.
                              11-01-2017, 11:26 AM
                            • Standing Elk
                              Steering wheel repair
                              by Standing Elk
                              Am about ready to start repairs on my steering wheel. Got a couple things to run by you guys.
                              Since the cracks are mostly fairly fine, I am thinking about taking a Dremel tool and just slightly V ing the cracks then filling them with Bondo and finishing from there. Is Bondo a good choice? After finished I plan to prime and spray paint (rattle can) it. Is there a better way? Thanks
                              03-19-2018, 08:42 AM
                            • Tom Wesenberg
                              Wheel Balancer Floats on Air
                              by Tom Wesenberg
                              I made a wheel balancer for my Model A wheels some years ago, and just added it to the "Homemade Tools" section. I have another wheel balancer that I bought at a swap meet about 10 years ago. All the bubble balancers I've seen in the past work by pivoting on a point. This balancer works by having a concave pocket with an air hole in the center. The top part, which supports the wheel, has...
                              05-13-2018, 01:21 PM
                            • Mitch
                              Hollow Rivet rolling tool
                              by Mitch
                              Here is my Tonka toy rivet tool whch is used for the hollow rivets on the hood and the floor board plates, door checks. This tool comes with your choice of die size so the 5/32 is what you would need.
                              And yes these things are around $100.00
                              This gallery has 3 photos.
                              09-11-2017, 01:22 PM
                            • slammin
                              Light switch installation
                              by slammin
                              I know there must be a secret to setting the little "C" clip, but I haven't figured it out. I know about the special tool, but I've seen as many pros as cons about using it. Berts doesn't offer it so I didn't buy one. I have threaded a piece of plexiglass thru the steering wheel to keep the rod assy in place. It looks like I need to compress the springs in the contact plate as well as the...
                              10-16-2017, 11:46 AM
                            • Curly
                              How to know if wheels (rims) are good?
                              by Curly
                              I am trying to put 5 good 19 inch wheels together for powder coating. How does one determine if the wheels are good? Any tell tale things to look for?

i thought I would put them on and spin them to check for straightness, but I don’t know how accurate this might be. I will also check each individual spoke.

Thanks in advance....
                              11-14-2017, 10:36 PM
                            • DaWizard
                              Valve guide removal tool!
                              by DaWizard
                              Ok, who has an extra valve guide removal tool?

I went through all the drawers in my tool box and it appears mine has done a vanishing act!

I did find the ring compression tool, the slimmed down tappet adjustment wrenches, and a couple other tools that I knew I had, but that got shifted around into the wrong drawers, but the valve guide tool is missing.

I would
                              02-13-2018, 09:27 PM
                            • tbirdtbird
                              Please comment on the NuRex timing tool
                              by tbirdtbird
                              We often see that some owners like to use the NuRex timing tool, you know, turn the tool 2 full rotations clockwise, then stop when the edge of tool is opposite the #4 contact. (which edge?).
                              I have never seen the tool or had it in my hand to compare to the usual method. Have only seen pix.
                              Would appreciate if users of the tool who have timed their cars this way and the standard Ford way...
                              05-12-2017, 10:11 PM
                            • DaWizard
                              Steering Wheel crud
                              by DaWizard
                              This morning I get up to find a foggy wet morning. I go out to Wheezer to head to breakfast and since I left the windows open last night, the steering wheel is not just damp, but wet, and there is this tar looking crap that sticks to everything. Looks and feels like Cordovan Brown shoe polish. This stuff just stains whatever it touches.

Now, I believe this to be an original wheel that
                              09-08-2018, 10:25 AM
                            • Mitch
                              Model A special tools
                              by Mitch
                              We need to have a VFF free tool loaner program. The user pays shipping
                              Folks can post the tools they have and locations

But what happens when it comes back in 2 pieces? Yikes
                              01-04-2018, 05:54 PM
                            Working...
                            X