Engine Bolts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Bolts

Does anyone have a listing of all the bolts for an engine? External stuff - valve cover, water pump, oil pan, etc.

The Ford parts book shows them.

Bob

Comment

Standard parts book also
      http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment

And you can try this source.

http://www.fordscript.com/

Comment

Most of the vendors sell and engine bolt kit.

Comment

• CarlG
            CarlG commented
            Editing a comment
            Snyder's: http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/en...s-nuts-washers

• Dennis
            Dennis commented
            Editing a comment
            Not all original style bolts from most of the vendors, Snyder's has that disclaimer on the engine bolts nuts and washers listing. Roy Nacewicz Enterprises are supposed to be original style, JS. And a little more expensive. The Ford parts book would be your best source for sizes, the Ford Model A Standard Hardware guide that you can buy is a good source of information for illustrations, Part#, Description, Dimensions, Quantity, and Finish. http://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/mo...ardware-manual
            Last edited by Dennis; 11-17-2017, 03:06 AM.

• Mitch
            Mitch commented
            Editing a comment
            The JS lists the proper finishes

The head nuts are the hardest to find in good original condition . A&L has original looking replacements , I believe some of the suppliers may carry the same nuts . Oil pan bolts were the same in several places on the model a . Norm

Comment

These guys are suppose to have all the correct fasteners for the Model A.

http://www.fordscript.com/index.html#NamedAnchor1
            You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              I bought all the hardware for Lucy from Roy. It was worth the difference in most cases

the list is much greater than you may suspect. here is a small section of the database I made from the parts book, and standards parts boo. this is 1928 only. At one time I was going to publish this. I have the ability to sort buy any field (eg. all the cadmium plated parts, or nickel parts). I would have to go through and add the 29-31 parts and have never had the time or ambition.
            ENGINE CYLINDER A-21788 Cylinder head nut Hex nut 7/16-20 (7/16 x 11/16) Cadmium plate 14
            ENGINE CYLINDER A-21788 Manifold stud nut Hex nut 7/16-20 (7/16 x 11/16) Cadmium plate 4
            ENGINE CYLINDER A-21111 Timing gear cover to cylinder bolt-long Hex head screw 7/16-14 x 2-7/16 Plain or Raven finish 1 Finish changed early 1930
            ENGINE CYLINDER A-21120 Timing gear cover to cylinder bolt-short Oval hex head screw 7/16-14 x 1-1/2 Plain or Raven finish 1 Finish changed early 1930
            ENGINE CYLINDER A-22300 Timing gear cover lock washer Lock washer 7/16 (1/8 x 3/16) Plain 2 Deleted June 1930
            ENGINE CYLINDER A-20902 Cylinder front cover bolt Oval hex head screw 3/8-16 x 1-1/8 Plain 6
            ENGINE CYLINDER A-22245 Front cover bolt lock washer Lock washer 3/8 (3/32 x 21/32) Plain 6
            ENGINE CYLINDER A-21220 Front cover to frame bolt Hex head bolt 1/2-13 x 13/16 Plain 2
            ENGINE CYLINDER A-22330 Front support to frame bolt lock washer Lock washer (1/8 x 7/8) Plain 2
            ENGINE CYLINDER A-22252 Timing pin washer Copper washer 3/8 (1/16 x 9/16) Plain 1 Deleted January 1929; Used with hexagonal timing pin
            ENGINE CYLINDER A-21220 Engine front support screw Hex head bolt 1/2-13 x 13/16 Plain 2
            ENGINE CYLINDER A-22330 Engine front support screw washer Lock washer 1/2 (1/8 x 7/8) Plain 2
            ENGINE CYLINDER A-23550 Engine front support nut cotter Cotter pin 1/8 x 1 Plain 1 Used with A-21875
            ENGINE PISTON AND CONNECTING ROD A-21751 Connecting rod nut (E28) Special castle nut 3/8-24 (7/16 x 5/8) Plain 8 Deleted June 1929
            ENGINE PISTON AND CONNECTING ROD A-23534 Connecting rod cotter Cotter pin 3/32 x 5/8 Plain 8 Introduced October 1928
            ENGINE CAMSHAFT AND CRANKSHAFT A-21214-A Crankshaft rear bearing bolt Special head bolt 1/2-20 x 3-5/8 Plain 2 Deleted April 1929; Used with forged bearing cap
            ENGINE CAMSHAFT AND CRANKSHAFT A-21841 Crankshaft rear bearing bolt nut Castle nut 1/2-20 (9/16 x 3/4) Cyanide (hardened) 2
            ENGINE CAMSHAFT AND CRANKSHAFT A-23531 Crankshaft rear bearing cotter Cotter pin 3/32 x 3/4 Plain 2
            ENGINE CAMSHAFT AND CRANKSHAFT A-21215 Crankshaft front & center bearing bolt Special head bolt 1/2-20 x 5-5/8 Plain 4
            ENGINE CAMSHAFT AND CRANKSHAFT A-21841 Crankshaft front & center bearing bolt nut Castle nut 1/2-20 (9/16 x 3/4) Cyanide (hardened) 4
            ENGINE CAMSHAFT AND CRANKSHAFT A-23531 Crankshaft front & center bearing cotter Cotter pin 3/32 x 3/4 Plain 4
            ENGINE FLYWHEEL AND VALVES A-21113 Flywheel to crankshaft bolt Hex head screw with hole in head 7/16-20 x 27/32 Plain 4
            ENGINE FLYWHEEL AND VALVES A-21110 Flywheel housing to cylinder bolt Hex head screw with hole in head 7/16-14 x 1-1/16 Plain 4
            ENGINE FLYWHEEL AND VALVES A-21121 Flywheel housing bolt Hex head screw 7/16-14 x 1-11/16 Plain 2
            ENGINE FLYWHEEL AND VALVES A-22300 Flywheel housing bolt lock washer Lock washer 7/16 (1/8 x 3/16) Plain 2
            ENGINE FLYWHEEL AND VALVES A-21207 Flywheel housing to engine rear support bolt Hex head bolt with hole in head 1/2-13 x 1-3/8 Plain 4
            ENGINE FLYWHEEL AND VALVES A-22330 Flywheel housing to engine rear support lock washer Lock washer 1/2 (1/8 x 7/8) Plain 4
            http://jmodela.coffeecup.com

Comment

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice Chart

• Jim Mason
              Jim Mason commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks, I have the standard parts book, the October 28 parts book, body parts book, and the trim and hardware book all in the data. Winters were long in the keweenaw.

• dmdeaton
              dmdeaton commented
              Editing a comment
              Thanks for the chart. All this in a spreadsheet?

• Jim Mason
              Jim Mason commented
              Editing a comment
              That's not the half of it. It's in a access database.

• dmdeaton
              dmdeaton commented
              Editing a comment
              that makes it easy to search

Thanks Guys,
            I just ordered a full set from Roy.

Comment

• Dennis
              Dennis commented
              Editing a comment
              Good choice. You'll get what is supposed to be where it goes.

Got my bolt order from Roy, overkill for what I am doing, but awesome looking stuff.

Comment