Intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intro

After 55 years of riding bikes, I had my final crash two weeks ago. A shattered right elbow and a torn ACL. Lucky to be on this side of the dirt. I grew up with Model "A"s.. My HS parking lot was full of them. I had a 30 coupe in the early 70s. I always wanted another " A Bone" to fool around with. I guess it's time. As soon as I am back up to speed, I will be looking for one. Sorta have my eyes out for a 28/29 rumble seat coupe or a Tudor, somewhere south of 10K . Just a nice driver. I will be joining the San Fernando Valley Chapter once I find my car
    '
    Has it ever occurred to you that the sole purpose for your existence might be to serve as a warning to others?

Welcome to the best Model A site on the internet. Tudors are nice and they have the easiest seats to move back for added leg room.

Comment

Well Carl, WELCOME to the VFF!!

Have a 31 rumble seat coupe for sale in Buena Park, solid ride, solid mechanical, all stock except LED tail lights.

The guy want $14k, but I think I can sell it to you for $13k.

PM me and I will give you his number if interested.

J.C.
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Welcome Carl!!
        Enjoy the site & get well soon!
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Welcome! This is the place to be for information, advice, and entertainment!

Comment

Carl,
            Welcome to the forum. You will find friendly people willing to help guide you. Some of the most knowledgeable Model A folks are here.

Comment

Hey Carl, what city you in? We have a chapter in Downey if it is closer to you. PM me and we can chat.
              You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

I'm in Santa Clarita. I think we have an old car club here but there is a MAFCA chapter over the hill in the Valley
                Has it ever occurred to you that the sole purpose for your existence might be to serve as a warning to others?

Comment

• DaWizard
                  DaWizard commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Oh, ok, you are farther away than I was hoping. Well, the coupe is still up for sale. Let me know if you want to see and fondle it.

• Ray Horton
                  Ray Horton commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Join the club before you buy a car. Clubs are a good source for leads and advice. Great alias. I wish I had thought of that one!

Sounds like a good move, don't forget to put seat belts in the A as the door will fly open on impact, especially the coupe and tudor bodies.
                Lots of them on Craigslist, price depends on how much you want to work on one. Someone said to buy two, one in driving condition and one
                to work on. :-)

Comment

We have a couple threads in the tech area about new purchases
                  Here is one of those FYI, but you may know most of this
                  https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...-purchase-an-a
                  3 ~ Tudor's
                  Henry Ford said
                  "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Slammin said "Some of the most knowledgeable Model A folks are here." that's true but I'm not one of them, I bid you a hearty welcome anyway!!!

Ed to you and the other fellas but Edonis to the ladies!!!!!! :rolling
                    "Bullshit and Brilliance Comes with Age and Experience"

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• DaWizard
                      Who knows about the Sport Coupe?
                      by DaWizard
                      Now, when I was younger, my first A was a '30 Sport Coupe, but all I really remember about it was it had some vinyl seat cover material for a roof.

Today I was working on an Aug '28 Sport Coupe and noticed something I had not remembered about my first one. It seems that the "Special Coupe" wasn't the only model to have a removable beltline. Can any of you out there in Model
                      01-05-2018, 10:36 PM
                    • ppilotmike
                      Found another coupe
                      by ppilotmike
                      I am looking at another coupe that is close to home and runs great. I believe this car had an amateur restoration 10-15 years ago. It currently belongs to a young fella that bought it to hot rod and is overwhelmed with the project before even starting. He is asking $9800 for the car and I have offered him $8K. If you look at the pictures you can see poorly installed patch panels on the quarter panels...
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 6 photos.
                      10-15-2018, 02:40 PM
                    • Bogdonj
                      Deluxe or standard ?
                      by Bogdonj
                      I have a 30 coupe with rumble seat and am trying to determine if it is a "deluxe" or "standard" ? What are the determining factors to classify a 30 coupe as such?? Thanks!
                      10-11-2017, 08:22 AM
                    • Big guy
                      Gear shifter position
                      by Big guy
                      First post from this new owner. Just purchased a wonderful 1929 Tudor. I’m on the large side and if I try to right foot the brake, the shift lever prevents it. I’m going to adjust the seat also but wondered if the shifter can be repositioned more inline with the car and not pointing at a 40 deg angle directly at my leg, Thanks
                      05-28-2018, 09:25 PM
                    • Manager
                      29 Coupe Seat frame
                      by Manager
                      The seat frame in my sports coupe has never seemed to fit properly so while I had it out to get some subframe measurements(another story) I decided it was time to do something about it. Afew quick measurements has the sides interfearing with the curved footrest floor panel. Looks like 1" or so needs to come off one or the other. Both seat frame and panel look origional so I'm thinking what the...
                      03-11-2018, 07:04 PM
                    • Walt
                      30 coupe seat base trim
                      by Walt
                      Is there supposed to be any trim on the edge of the seat base frame? I recently bought a 30 coupe (my first A) that had the interior kit in boxes. I don't see anything for that edge of the seat base and there isn't any mention in the instructions for the Cartouche kit.
                      03-11-2018, 08:14 PM
                    • John03
                      1930 Cabriolet
                      by John03
                      How do you remove seat backrest ? I don’t see anything holding it.
                      tks
                      12-30-2017, 01:49 PM
                    • greenhornet
                      Model A roadster floor pans for rumble seat.
                      by greenhornet
                      I have a lot of other issues to straighten out before I deal with the rumble seat floor on my recently acquired '31 roadster but wonder if I should bother at all.I don't think body has ever been removed from frame and floor is pretty solid under driver seat and even the floor where your feet go in rumble area. Someone replaced the rumble seat platform with a galvanized sheet metal piece that is really...
                      10-02-2018, 08:54 AM
                    • Bikerider58
                      Rumble Trunk
                      by Bikerider58
                      30 Deluxe with trunk converted to rumble seat. Riders are few and far between, but I think the seat is cool to have.

Any suggestions on a locking arm or rail to keep back from falling forward?

After removing the seats for general use, I understand an area should be blocked off at the back. How much area?
                      07-05-2018, 07:28 PM
                    • mkelly119
                      1930 Ford Model A Coupe Paint job
                      by mkelly119
                      Our Ford Model A Coupe is going to be painted in 5 weeks, should we install windshield and/or wooden roof before getting car painted ?.. thanks
                      04-11-2018, 07:32 AM
                    Working...
                    X