Collectables "What have you found today"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectables "What have you found today"

I thought I would start a new thread on collectables where you can post a picture and someone can tell you exactly what you have. Plus it is fun to see what other people have found.

I can Google and find information on the Canadian buffalo radiator badges. They were used for Park Passes for their National parks, but I cannot find anything on my Yellowstone Badge.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Great idea for a thread.
    This is a little metal art project that I found. When I have time this winter I’m going to sit down at the welding bench and make a few of them.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

I dug out my hand carved monkey made from a peach pit. An old friend who is no longer with us made it.

This gallery has 4 photos.
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I might of done a poor job on my wording on the original post and now I see why I was redirected. My thoughts were period car items such as radiator plagues, gear shift knobs, odd plugs, time pieces, master keys and even occasionally a quail or two. I am sure a few people at the antique store walked by the Yellowstone Radiator plaque for $25 not knowing what it was. I knew... just can't find any history on it.

Here is another one. I assume it came after the "A", but I don't know for sure, could it be from a mirror clock?

Thanks
        Paul

Plus a picture of what I did today in the barn
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        Last edited by Paul; 11-13-2017, 04:48 PM. Reason: Always spelling

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          AH ok Paul sorry but i am leaving my monkey.. Lets say it's a Model A mascot ...

I'll redirect it back

• pAAt
          pAAt commented
          Editing a comment
          That's one great monkey Mitch ! Have any beaver carvings. ;)

Here is another one. It is an original quail. I know that because of the stamping found under the gasket.

But,
        1. Why did they drill a whole in it?
        2. What was the name of the other maker?
        3. Do people replate these, even though I like it ugly
        Attached Files

Comment

• 2manycars
          2manycars commented
          Editing a comment
          You can tell it is original by the very clear lines in the comb on top of the head, and the very clear feather lines.

I like the monkey and I would hang it from my mirror. Thanks, and I like the off topic site.

Comment

I have an 1179, Silver, die struck Armenian Coin, with King Phillip winking at me. On the back is a standing LION, with a Shepherds' Hook, I think he's lookin' fer a WOOLIE??
          I used to dig & collect Antique Bottles & have a few left.
          I do Stained Glass & made a 6' X 1' panel, beside my Castle Door. NOBODY believes I MADE it---IF you need glass cut, call me---1-800-CRA-CKED:rolling
          I hope Cindy talks KINDLY about me, to her Friends
          Dad Questionable?

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
            I like the monkey and I would hang it from my mirror. Thanks, and I like the off topic site.
            Hanging anything from the mirror is illegal in most states.
            In 1967 I dropped my girlfriend off in St. Paul, and a few blocks later a drunk ran a stop sign and hit my car. I found a pay phone to call a cop, but when the cop got there he told the drunk to drive on home, and gave me a $5 ticket for having my graduation tassel hanging from my mirror.

Comment

Speaking of cutting glass, back about 1983 I was replacing broken window panes for a lady who owned an antique shop. I had a bunch of old farmhouse windows that I could cut to size. I was only having about 50% success, but replaced all her broken windows. Later someone told me old glass doesn't cut as well as new glass, but he also told me to put kerosene on the cut line. Well, diesel is about the same, so I used that the next time I had to cut glass, and my success rate went up to over 90%.

Comment

• pAAt
                pAAt commented
                Editing a comment
                Sounds like a tool tip of sorts Tom. Paul your going to get redirected to glass cutting topic now

I can work with glass. I had no clue what this was when I found it. It might of been more evident if my A would of been a '28 or '29. Out of my price range for shelf art, but it was a fun find.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Mark Maron
                Mark Maron commented
                Editing a comment
                Paul do you still have this or did you only photograph it been looking for one actually to give me more light all around?

Originally posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post
              Speaking of cutting glass, back about 1983 I was replacing broken window panes for a lady who owned an antique shop. I had a bunch of old farmhouse windows that I could cut to size. I was only having about 50% success, but replaced all her broken windows. Later someone told me old glass doesn't cut as well as new glass, but he also told me to put kerosene on the cut line. Well, diesel is about the same, so I used that the next time I had to cut glass, and my success rate went up to over 90%.
              When I made stained glass art, I used fine sewing machine oil on my cutter, and never broke a piece of glass.
              This gallery has 3 photos.
              Bill
              http://www.brauchauto.com/
              Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Here are some of my collectables that are car related. The other stuff is in the parlor. A lot of this stuff I have had for over 50 years.
                This gallery has 9 photos.
                Bill
                http://www.brauchauto.com/
                Eastern Connecticut

Comment

• pAAt
                  pAAt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bill, I like the USA Flag set up the most in the last picture (although that AA hub cap is 75 +/- alone) and it looks like your collecting a small family too ! Good Day, Pat

• Mitch
                  Mitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I have that same flag set up, which i mount on the motor-meter for parades

Be sure to dip your cutter roller in oil, before scoring the glass! A light oil makes LESS mess!

Comment