Thank your American Heros today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank your American Heros today

Thanks to all Active Duty service men and women and veterans who paid the price for our freedom. God Bless you all today.

I'm planning to drive my '31 in a local Veteran's Day parade tomorrow AM.

TOB

Comment

Indeed, but I thought it was tomorrow.
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Yes 11-11 we move holidays to suit our own needs
        Thank you vets ? Where would we be without their service

Comment

Graduating from high school in the Vietnam era, it is great to see how are service men (and women) are appreciated and honored today. As stated many times, the land of the free because of the brave!

Comment

slammin I'll take that a step further. We all know about the Greatest generation, the WWII guys and yes they were and are, the few that are left.

But, the Vietnam vets are today's Greatest Generation. They put up with more pure crap from everybody than any other veterans group,constantly attacked by the media over here, did their duty to God and Country, and came out shining. They are the ones who saved this country from steadily turning in the wrong direction, in 2016.

God bless them each and every one.

Comment

• DaWizard
              DaWizard commented
              Editing a comment
              Amen

Today is the day I look back and remember the friend I was going to join the Marines with on the buddy system in 1989. He had already enlisted and I had signed my papers and went to Meps. At Meps the docs failed me because of my shoulder made a popping noise when rotating it. 5 years later he was medicly discharged after an accident. He and I spent some time catching up and always felt guilty for letting him down on such a technacality. In 1999 his brother graduated from highschool the same day his girlfriend graduated from college. He went to his brothers graduation and then began the 250 mile drive to make the recepion for his girlfriend who he had planned to propose to that night. He never arrived as his pickup blew a front tire and he went off the road into a deep ravine. He was killed almost instantly. A true man of integrity and GREAT friend who is impossible to replace.

I know the day means much more, but can not help to take this day to remember. Rod
            Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

• tbirdtbird
              tbirdtbird commented
              Editing a comment
              stuff like that is such a shame, and it hurts. You will never forget your friend, and neither will anyone else who knew him

USAF 1965-1969.
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 2 photos.
            Bill
            http://www.brauchauto.com/
            Eastern Connecticut

Comment

that sure looks like a piston to that humongous diesel genset in the next pic. How many KW?

Comment

That is a piston, and the top half of the rod is standing next to me. 600KW at 600 rpm Superior Diesel. That was in Lybia. Big engines.
                You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                This gallery has 2 photos.
                Bill
                http://www.brauchauto.com/
                Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Naval Air '65-'69
                  Paul in CT

Comment

Me, USAF 1957-1962. Son- Naval Aviator 1997-2017. Granddaughter serving now in Colo., US Army.
                    Thanks to all who are serving now and to there families.
                    Phil

Comment

I thank everyone for their service past or present
                      3 ~ Tudor's
                      Henry Ford said
                      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Army 71-85 Air Force 86-2007

Comment

Thank you to all those who served, as well as to those who serve today!

Comment

THANKS to all those who served to grant me the freedoms I have. Was stamped 4-F I volunteered!
                            You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment