29 Tudor header?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29 Tudor header?

Still trying to figure out what I need to complete the car. Since the car has a new top, I would have thought all the wood was present. Checking the Fordwood site, they mention "header/front" under the top wood section, but don't show a sketch of what it looks like. I've looked at photos of Tudors that don't have a top or headliner and can't tell if something in mine is missing. I've enclosed a photo of ihe interior windshield area of mine. Is something missing? If so what should I ask for? Thanks for the help.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Check my Tudor wood picture thread in the Chassis tech forum..
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Yours looks correct. And a nice job of installing the top, complete with anti squeek on the bows, and duck cloth between the chicken wire and cotton batting, so the mice don't steal the cotton.
      Bill
      http://www.brauchauto.com/
      Eastern Connecticut

Comment

The wooden header that you ask about is behind your rear view :-)
        I had to replace mine because of rot, screws would loosen and saw dust would fall down :-( Mines in great shape now, thanks for the memories !

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• KB9JLO
          30 Town Sedan Header Wood
          by KB9JLO
          Thinking a little bit down the road, I would like to be able to 'open' my front window. I can't now because there are no screws in the windshield hinge and I figured out quickly that's because the screws that held the hinge fell out and the header is rotten. As part of the parts collection process I've been looking at all the vendors for the header wood piece. Of course all of them carry it - that...
          07-18-2020, 08:39 PM
        • Bill G
          Another 29 Tudor top wood question
          by Bill G
          The old wood had a padding of sorts between the wood and the sheet metal in places where the main left and right wood rails contacted the sheet metal roof, and anywhere wood was in direct contact with metal. This was for squeak prevention, I believe. It looked a lot like a cross between fiberglass and cotton. I cannot tell really what it was. For restoration purposes, what makes a good filler....
          06-26-2018, 04:20 AM
        • slammin
          Still looking for missing interior framing 29 Tudor
          by slammin
          I am still gathering missing pieces in anticipation of installing the interior. In some posted photos I have noticed a curved piece across the rear corners between the side and rear window headers, The part in question mounts in a kerfed area of the unpainted wood piece in the center of the photo near the roof structure. Attached photo shows their absence. Were the originals wood? I haven't seen...
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          12-05-2017, 01:10 PM
        • Bill G
          Vendor recommendation for top wood '29 Tudor
          by Bill G
          I have a '29 Tudor with some very questionable and even rotten wood. I have seen some vendors who sell wood kits. Fordwood, Classic wood Products, and it seems too, all the Model A vendors, Bert's Bratton's, Snyders, Mike's, Mac's, CW Moss, Sacramento, and probably others. It looks like the going price for a top wood kit is just north of $600, especially when considering shipping and hardware....
          06-12-2018, 02:13 AM
        • dmdeaton
          Top Wood Question
          by dmdeaton
          How do the wood kits from Classic Wood Products rate? I am thinking of ordering a top kit for the fordor. I sawed out some new top ribs and planned on scabbing them in this winter, but I am thinking of the whole kit now. I need to research some on what its going to take to get this project started....
          05-09-2019, 08:44 PM
        • Dennis
          Wood in upper of body 28-29Tudor
          by Dennis
          Ok I have some questions beings I’m working in this area now.
          1. My wood is dry and solid, no damage other than some small cracks from nails etc. this car has had the covering on top replaced once before. So now I’ve got several holes to dodge when I put my new top on. Suggestions please on plugging the existing holes with something.
          2. the front corners appear to have had something...
          This gallery has 6 photos.
          03-28-2020, 01:32 AM
        • Mickey
          '31 coupe top wood header question
          by Mickey
          Looking at the two screw hole on the right would you say I need to plane the bottom of the header to bring the screw holes down to match the hole in the frame bracket?
          This gallery has 3 photos.
          03-26-2019, 03:07 PM
        • Mickey
          Top of coupe
          by Mickey
          Can you replace the wood in the roof of the coupe without removing the metal panels on the top sides. I know the front metal needs to come off and I assume probably the headliner. The top was leaking so I pulled the vinyl back and found mouse nests and rotted wood.
          08-29-2018, 08:08 PM
        • carolinamudwalker
          Header wood
          by carolinamudwalker
          On the sport coup, is the wood directly over the windshield a solid piece or is there a space in the middle? Anyone have a picture?
          05-08-2019, 02:32 PM
        • wrndln
          Glue to glue top bow wood
          by wrndln
          I have some top irons for my 29 phaeton that need some wood installed toward the top part. I am planning to use thin strips of hard wood, like white ash. I will either steam the strips or soak them in water to make them pliable, I am looking for some glue that will work on wet wood. I have heard there is a product like I need, but I don't know what the name is. Any help would be appreciated....
          08-28-2019, 07:20 PM
        Working...
        X