Body/Bed Mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body/Bed Mounting

Any drawings out there on how to mount '29 Roadster P/U? I have some sort of splash guard as well that goes between cab and bed that I don't see the purpose.

Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Paat! I bought a Brookville body and bed so really had zero idea. I believe the bed came with the wood sills so that should be pretty straight forward when I have pan over rear spring I assume.

Beauford, I'm glad to see that you're still at it and was unaware you purchased a new body for it. I purchased a May 28, 1928 AA truck, with engine matching frame numbers, a few weeks ago. 75% restored, so I think I may be able to finish this one !! If you still need a 28 tank, come up an get one !! Pat
    Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah, Pat, the "Lumberwagon" Fordor was too much to take on money wise and skill wise. I like trucks and none to be found here. With Brookville no body work! LOL I found a tank in PA that was is great shape. I've primed my body/bed. Going to test my paint skills today.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Steve Plucker
    1931 Wide Bed Pickup body...
    by Steve Plucker
    Does anyone have an original, unmolested 1931 Wide Bed pickup body?

Thanks.

Pluck
    07-29-2018, 06:58 PM
  • Steve Plucker
    Deluxe Model A Pickups...
    by Steve Plucker
    Were all assembled Model A "Deluxe" Pickups assembled with either a Closed Cab and/or Open Cabs or just Closed Cabs?

Thanks.

Pluck
    03-06-2018, 10:34 AM
  • pAAt
    Beauford
    by pAAt
    I have a couple pictures I took when I mocked up the bed wood that shows the bolts (3 on each side) that attach the bed/wood to the frame. All the bolts are in the wood holes, but only 3 are to attach the bed/wood to the frame (Z bracket, frame bolt (middle bolt) and rear crossmember end). The rear bolt attaches the bed to the wood and the second to the front bolt attaches the bed to the wood. I...
    08-28-2017, 08:51 PM
  • 29er
    Correct color for pickup bed wooden floor and metal stripes?
    by 29er
    I'm studying up for MAFCA's Restorer Class and can't find this info in the Judging Standards. What's the correct color for the pickup bed wood and metal stripes? I'm guessing black (???). Many thanks!

Mike in Oregon
    08-14-2018, 10:40 PM
  • Tom Wesenberg
    Need Help to Assemble Mid 1931 Wide Bed Box
    by Tom Wesenberg
    My friend has a mid 31 wide bed, and the box has been all apart for over 20 years. Are there any good articles on assembling the box, or any good books that might cover the details? Thanks, Tom
    03-05-2019, 10:07 PM
  • Mickey
    Wide bed question
    by Mickey
    Is there a rear fender spacer on the wide bed pickup?
    08-01-2018, 02:24 PM
  • pAAt
    Pickup Box Info.
    by pAAt
    I have a couple pictures I took when I mocked up the bed wood that shows the bolts (3 on each side) that attach the bed/wood to the frame. All the bolts are in the wood holes, but only 3 are to attach the bed/wood to the frame (Z bracket, frame bolt (middle bolt) and rear crossmember end). The rear bolt attaches the bed to the wood and the second to the front bolt attaches the bed to the wood. I think...
    08-29-2017, 08:00 AM
  • dmdeaton
    Hauling Bodies in a Pickup
    by dmdeaton
    I know a tudor wont fit between wheel wells in a pickup bed. Just wondering if anyone has tried rigging one down in the back of a modern pickup truck? I am just thinking out loud since I am in the market for a body. I am trying to find on in my area, but keep running across deals across the states. I am trying to hold off till next Hershey.
    12-10-2017, 08:04 AM
  • Denis4x4
    I have a weight problem....
    by Denis4x4
    .....with my ‘29 CCPU. Took it across the scales and it came in at 2540 #. Looked at the MAFCA and MARC charts and the only thing in the 2500# range is the town car and Fordor. No rear fenders, but a 6-1/2” cab extension. I can’t help but think that redwood bed weighs far more than a steel bed. There is a CRAGAR head and a pair of CJ-7 seats. On the other hand, tube headers and aluminum...
    07-27-2019, 05:13 PM
  • Jim Mason
    body mounting?
    by Jim Mason
    I just ran across this picture. I'd not seen it before. It appears to be just after the body drop. there also appears to be six guys ready to install bolts(?). two things that surprised me is it appears one guy is inside the body. And it appears to be a hood shelf laying on the conveyor.
    What do you see?

12-26-2018, 07:13 PM
Working...
X