Cooling Fan for the Model A Driver and Passenger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooling Fan for the Model A Driver and Passenger

I just ordered two of these fans. They only draw 1/2 amp at 5 volts, and are silent. I use them with my computer, but ordered two more to use in the Model A. I bought a couple lighter sockets that have two outlets plus two USB ports that can run the phone charger or these fans.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/252592591926...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Where do you run the lighter socket wires to hook it up?

Comment

put an ice cube behind the fan for extra cold air
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I'll just drop my top...

Comment

Originally posted by Beauford View Post
          Where do you run the lighter socket wires to hook it up?
          I clip the lighter socket to the starter switch and any good ground. The socket is insulated, so it can touch metal without shorting.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Wesenberg View Post

I clip the lighter socket to the starter switch and any good ground. The socket is insulated, so it can touch metal without shorting.
            Oh? I'd like to see a picture of that mounting, please.
            You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Originally posted by DaWizard View Post

Oh? I'd like to see a picture of that mounting, please.
              Right now I just have a pair of alligator clips on the 2 wires, so I can unclip it when it's not in use, or move it between cars. I'll put a loop terminal on the wire ends later and give the socket a permanent mounting on the steering column.

Comment

Here's a link to the sockets I ordered.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262145019855...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tom Wesenberg
                  Model A Charging Socket and Fan
                  by Tom Wesenberg
                  Original Thread

Cell phones and GPS work fine on your stock 6 volt positive ground vehicles. Just make sure you connect the center contact of the socket to the positive ground. I bought some of the black insulated sockets shown on ebay for 99 cents each. The blue USB adaptor was a dollar at Dollar Tree. The USB and multi socket adaptor was less than 3 dollars, and will work on 6 or 12...
                  06-20-2018, 06:11 AM
                • Tom Wesenberg
                  Model A Charging Socket and Fan
                  by Tom Wesenberg
                  Cell phones and GPS work fine on your stock 6 volt positive ground vehicles. Just make sure you connect the center contact of the socket to the positive ground. I bought some of the black insulated sockets shown on ebay for 99 cents each. The blue USB adaptor was a dollar at Dollar Tree. The USB and multi socket adaptor was less than 3 dollars, and will work on 6 or 12 volts, as the USB ports are...
                  06-20-2018, 06:11 AM
                • copgib
                  Radiator Fan Blades
                  by copgib
                  I was wondering if I should change my 2-blade fan for a different type and wanted to get everyones opinion. Thanks
                  05-10-2018, 08:00 PM
                • Tom Wesenberg
                  Unusual Fan Mounting, Not Model A
                  by Tom Wesenberg
                  Last night I saw an early 60's Triumph that had the radiator fan mounted to the front of the crankshaft.
                  So with this mounting, the fan only covered the lower half of the radiator.
                  This is the first time I can ever recall seeing a fan mounted directly to the crankshaft on any car....
                  06-05-2017, 11:16 PM
                • 29er
                  Balancing the Fan
                  by 29er
                  I've never seen a discussion about whether the fan should be balanced before it is installed in the car. I have a repro 2-blade aluminum fan, but the question is relevant to them all. It would seem that the fan, like all other spinning things (wheels, lawn mower blades, etc) should be balanced so that undo stress is not placed on the water pump. There's even a thread by Tom W over at that other Ford...
                  06-11-2017, 04:38 PM
                • copgib
                  Fan Shroud
                  by copgib
                  How many of you guys use a fan shroud on your model A?
                  05-14-2018, 06:45 PM
                • Mitch
                  Original steel fan blade dangers
                  by Mitch
                  Many folks in the hobby are unaware of the danger that lurks when running an original style 2 or 4 blade fan. If your car has one replacing it should be a priority to prevent bodily injury or damage to the car. The suppliers sell a replacement aluminum 2 blade fan that is well balanced and safe. Here is a link to some more info regarding the construction and deficiency's of the original style fan....
                  07-23-2017, 07:13 PM
                • Mitch
                  Original steel fan blade dangers
                  by Mitch
                  Original thread

Many folks in the hobby are unaware of the danger that lurks when running an original style 2 or 4 blade fan. If your car has one replacing it should be a priority to prevent bodily injury or damage to the car. The suppliers sell a replacement aluminum 2 blade fan that is well balanced and safe. Here is a link to some more info regarding the construction and deficiency's...
                  07-23-2017, 07:13 PM
                • Jeff/Illinois
                  Is a cracked fan blade........
                  by Jeff/Illinois
                  ............even worth trying to restore today with the good quality aluminum blades sold by Snyder's and Bratton's?

I have one headed to the scrap pile if not. Also sounds like loose rust scale in the blade when you shake it.
                  06-22-2018, 09:41 AM
                • hb32
                  28 rad shroud
                  by hb32
                  My 29 came with an original rad shroud that is not installed and so far no issues with overheating so wonder do I really need to install it. Should I hold on to it in case or will the 4 blade be sufficient? I would like a Winfield high compression head and seems that these shrouds are in demand. Comments welcome
                  09-09-2018, 12:38 AM
                Working...
                X