Photo of curved back trunk?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photo of curved back trunk?

Does anyone out there have a photo of a curved back trunk (no spare tire) mounted on a Victoria? Specifically, just like the one Snyder's sells. I'm picking up that 31 Victoria I've been looking at and sooner or later I'm going to install a luggage rack and trunk. My Roadster has no rear spare and it has a straight back trunk and it looks ok. Thanks, Smitty----- Ooops-sorry for the double post.
    Last edited by smittykid; 06-09-2017, 05:11 AM.

Saw a pic of a curved trunk with 4 skinny drawers below it, quite FANCY! Trunks must have been a HOT seller! We just tied a BOX on the roof!
    Bill Poor

Comment

Are you looking for a better overall picture of the trunk by itself??
      Last edited by Mitch; 06-10-2017, 06:41 AM.
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I think his original question might have been about the luggage rack. Mitch, feel free to let me know if I ask the same thing twice, or several times!

Comment

Thanks, guys! In Snyder's online catalog it appeared to me that the Black and tan curved back trunks have different angles-with the tan one OK for a Vickie. I just got off the phone with Snyder's and they assured me that both color curved back trunks have the same angle. So if I'm going to go with a trunk-it looks like I'll have to live with a straight back. Also, they reassured me that their luggage rack will clear the full rear bumper without any extra brackets. Thanks to all! Smitty

Comment

As you may know, the luggage racks from the vendors are 2 different sizes and styles. The older style without wood slats may not be available, however. Many years ago, a MAFCA club member named Marshall Lewis produced drawings for the Restorer magazine on how to build a trunk using simple materials including vinyl top material covering. The straps, locks, etc. are available from the vendors. Possibly one could design one with a curve to fit the bustle which is different from other body styles also dependent on which rack is selected. I don't have the dwgs. any longer but possibly a Google search will locate them, etc.
            Last edited by plyfor; 06-10-2017, 09:48 AM.

Comment

Vince is this the picture you are mentioning from anotther thread?

https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...he-31-victoria
              3 ~ Tudor's
              Henry Ford said
              "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• JohnB15632
                Luggage Rack w/ Trunk
                by JohnB15632
                For those of you guys who are running with a luggage rack w/ trunk, how are you securing the trunk to the rack?

Thanks
                10-30-2019, 10:08 AM
              • Mark Maron
                Finally got a 29 ORIGINAL Trunk rack
                by Mark Maron
                Picked this up at Gettysburg from Caesar, had my eye on it from day 1, worked out great with VARCO trunk extenders, 1/4 steel is used for support and I'm very happy with this, now i need the trunk...:-) ::
                08-29-2017, 05:40 PM
              • JohnB15632
                Luggage Rack w/ Trunk Installation
                by JohnB15632
                I tried to mount the trunk on the luggage rack. But, it does not fit.
                It was my thoughts that the luggage rack, when stowed, showed the wooden slats.
                So, when the luggage rack is lowered, the wood slats are down and a metal frame exists on the top.
                My luggage rack will not sit within the metal frame.

Am I doing something wrong?

Color me confused.
                11-24-2019, 11:30 AM
              • Mark Maron
                Just finished mounting my Custom Trunk
                by Mark Maron
                Have an original 29 trunk rack for My TS.. Mounted it and had a custom made trunk done to be the exact size needed. 16x32x19 high. Turned out incredible and along with the NEW Side mount its just what i wanted....
                02-20-2018, 01:24 PM
              • carolinamudwalker
                Model A trunk
                by carolinamudwalker
                I finely saw a trunk on a sport coup that looked half way descent. Most are too large and look like the front end is about to come off the ground. Has anyone ever built a trunk or know if there are plans out there to build one?
                09-03-2018, 07:25 AM
              • Soapy
                Trunk Handle
                by Soapy
                I need to know which direction the trunk handle on my 1930 Coupe should be pointing when the trunk is closed. I have looked in the books and on the site but all I can see is rumble seat handles and spare tires. I am assuming that it probably faces down, but we all know what assumptions are worth.
                06-01-2019, 11:00 AM
              • Bobm90
                Build your own Custom Luggage Trunk
                by Bobm90
                I ran across a old gent at the last car show I attended, he had a gorgeous luggage trunk on his car that he built himself. He told me where to locate the plans for these. So if any of you may be interested and want a winter project and not know about this link from MAFCA, you can get the PDF there and print up a set of plans, I will post a picture of his finished trunk. On a test I had trouble just...
                09-23-2018, 08:06 AM
              • Apple Green Wheels Rule
                Trunk, Luggage or something else?
                by Apple Green Wheels Rule
                (To coincide with WW, BW and Oil)

I prefer same period luggage and other things rather than a trunk. I got one but it just didn't dress Sarah they way I wanted her to look. The trunk is covered with dust now. Glad I got the luggage when I did, seems value has went through the roof on Ebay.
                07-08-2017, 03:21 PM
              • DaWizard
                KariKeen Trunk
                by DaWizard
                Well, as some of you may know, I have been hunting for a decent KariKeen trunk for the back of my Tudor. Well, good news, I found one and it is currently on it's way to my house via uship.com.

So, just to give you a tease, and thank Pluck for the write up on them, I will post a couple pictures here and if you are good boys and girls, I will post the build onto the car. Now, one thing
                04-14-2019, 07:51 PM
              • JohnB15632
                Trunk Repair
                by JohnB15632
                About a year ago, I picked up this luggage rack and this trunk for $50.00. I could not pass this up.

Now, I have a great winter project.

First, how do I go about removing this fasteners (rivet) ? I have to start somewhere.

Thanks,...
                01-07-2020, 11:36 AM
              Working...
              X