Zephyrs loaded to a new home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zephyrs loaded to a new home

I help a collector with help from time to time on his collections, he had all six of the Zephyr coupe years and he's had them for some time and it was time for them to go to a new home.

I lined them up and loaded them on the hauler of choice by the buyer for transit out west. Yes, I would have preferred an enclosed for sure!

It's rare to have/see one but all six years from '37-'42 may be the only collection like it in the world.

I call them the girls... so yes.. I have the girls all lined up for their final farewell. Then, a final transport shot. It was a tight fit, and a challenge to load.
    I thought you guys would like to see them so sharing the final farewell. My favorite is the blue '39.

Larry Shepard
    Attached Files

LOTS and LOTS of money there ! ! ! !
    Paul in CT

Comment

Whew, that '37 is one sweet ride too. Thanks Larry for sharing.
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Wow. Just, wow! I would not want to be the driver with the responsibility for that load!

Comment

Nice Larry thanks for posting them for us to drool over. I agree with you on the open transport, that's off the wall IMO
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

It's only right that they are called "girls" because they are all wearing skirts, and have beautiful curves.

Comment

• Mitch
              Mitch commented
              Editing a comment
              We should have invited them to the party

Related Topics

Collapse

• Larrys40
            Zephyr coupes loaded
            by Larrys40
            I help a collector with help from time to time on his collections, he had all six of the Zephyr coupe years and he's had them for some time and it was time for them to go to a new home.

I lined them up and loaded them on the hauler of choice by the buyer for transit out west. Yes, I would have preferred an enclosed for sure!

It's rare to have/see one but all six years...
            10-30-2017, 06:42 PM
          • Tudor31
            A future Model A owner?
            by Tudor31
            I was working on my 31 Tudor today when I heard a young voice from the street saying something about a great looking car. The young (about six years old) man and his mother quickly accepted an invitation to take a closer look at Eleanor. He was very knowledgeable despite his youth and had some really good questions. However, one question got me good:"Sir, have you had this car since it was new?"...
            07-29-2019, 03:53 PM
          • Afordman31
            Hollywood Wolf Whistle
            by Afordman31
            One Christmas my folks asked me what I would like for Christmas....my reply was a Hollywood wolf whistle. So that's what I received. It was put on our 1930 Model a sedan. My brother and I had a lot of fun with it. We would call dogs out of yards and they would chase us down the road. We would whistle at girls with it, but I think it probably annoyed them. Still we had a good time with it.
            02-05-2018, 09:28 AM
          • KB9JLO
            Modified?
            by KB9JLO
            I've been following cars all my life. Haven't really had anything too exciting. I had a 53 Ford Truck with a later 312 Y block for a while. I was young and needed money though. I had traded my 1971 Dodge Van for it (yep, that era). I loved that van, slant six... My first car was a 64 Comet, 289 4 bbl. 4 speed with what I think was a factory Hurst shifter. My first car and first stick. It had a leaking...
            08-01-2018, 02:13 PM
          • Jeff/Illinois
            Need a good spare Autolite long generator??
            by Jeff/Illinois
            Who doesn't want a good rebuilt genny laying on the shelf or in your Model A as a spare? Derek from New Zealand over on the 'other' Antique Ford site tipped me off to a load of them at Bratton's. Derek bought 12 and took back home with him. Call Jeff up and ask for one or more, I just got off the phone with him. Super nice guy, he is boxing one up and sending it my way.

Jeff said that...
            11-14-2017, 01:11 PM
          • Hoogah
            Model A farming plant - is there anything like this?
            by Hoogah
            Over the past couple of weeks, I've been involved in preparations for a clearing sale on a farm that belonged to two bachelor brothers. The last of the brothers passed away about 18 months ago. Both were well into their 80s when they died. What is unique about these blokes is that they farmed in some kind of time warp for almost all of their lives.
            • Their daily transport ("going to town"
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 10 photos.
            01-19-2019, 06:55 AM
          • plyfor
            New Forged shackles
            by plyfor
            Just bought some new forged shackles from one of our popular vendors. They look well made and have holes all the way thru with grease slots similar to the originals. The other style available doesn't have the thru-holes and slots. Has anyone had breakage or other issues with the new forged ones?
            03-07-2019, 11:31 AM
          • Beauford
            What a GREAT time!
            by Beauford
            Thank you Mitch and Brent for the awesome time and to meet many of this wonderful group!! Brent sorry I couldn't make it back this morning to drive the "T" but you can always send me a email @ [email protected] if you want to free up some space....Thanks, Beau
            04-22-2018, 05:40 PM
          • BNCHIEF
            Model a memories as a young boy.
            by BNCHIEF
            When I was a young boy my dad bought old cars that were running we are talking in the late 50's we would go hunting and looking for old cars at the same time. someone related a story to my dad about a special model a ford some guy had. I of course can't verify the truth of this story and I was young but the story goes like this supposedly this guy had a model a he was a rural mail carrier and wanted...
            10-28-2017, 08:24 AM
          • Leo
            Model A's In Commercial's and The Movies?
            by Leo
            I was in the car wash yesterday and noticed a guy with a nice mid 80's Mercedes coupe. We struck up a conversation about the car and he said that he was on his way to a commercial shoot in NYC. He went on to say that he has this car registered with an agency that supplies vehicles to photographers who want them for commercials. He also told me that the typical fee for using his car was $1000 for a...
            12-04-2018, 08:47 AM
          Working...
          X