Prime Time!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prime Time!

A little rusty and have a sag to sand out but should be green tomorrow!!
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

yay!
    sometimes if you see a sag before it cures you can chase it with a separate gun loaded with plain reducer....we keep such a gun handy.
    But, it doesn't always work. Once, tho, I chased a sag right off the edge of a panel and it was like it was never there

Comment

good luck
      looking forward to seeing it green also
      keep the bugs out of it
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Well, since you are in Primer, don't you need to wait a day before block sanding and can remove that sag then?
        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Really with epoxy primer you have a 4-5 day window to shoot your base. After that you would scuff the surface first. I had this new gun all dialed in and of course you have to take it apart to clean so I'm back at square one on adjustments.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Dennis
            Gun Blue
            by Dennis
            Anybody tried the gun bluing? I have a shot gun that I got blued 50 years ago, dad gave it to me if I promised to fix it up. So I had a guy in town hot blue it for me while I refinished the stock. I don't know what's involved but I got a pail full of bolts I want to get done but not all at the same time. Do they sell that stuff at the gun shops? I hope they don't ban that out here in CA!...
            09-09-2017, 12:06 AM
          • Kevin in NJ
            Stainless Steel Buffing Advice
            by Kevin in NJ
            Over on the 'other' board someone had posted asking what to do for buffing some stainless. I answered there because I just try to help people, but I thought I would share my response here. I have had some recent not so nice responses over at the other place so I have cut back on my comments significantly.

In the picture the guy posted you could see lots of tiny dents and all sorts of...
            03-28-2018, 09:35 AM
          • BNCHIEF
            Nicks, scratches and chips How do you repair them?
            by BNCHIEF
            Just what it says in the title but how on enamel, how on base coat clear coat? I could always use some ideas here on this topic.
            09-05-2017, 07:14 AM
          • pAAt
            Engine cleaning before paint
            by pAAt
            I have spent hours scraping my block off and I enjoyed every minute of it, which surprised me a bit. I have oven cleaner from the Dollar store and Simple green from another store. Tom Wesenberg, could you tell me the rest of the cleaning process or come down and show me how to do it ? P.S.- if you decide to come down, could you bring some plasti-gage and a variety of gauges, mics, shims, emery cloth,...
            06-12-2017, 02:04 AM
          • Bill G
            Frame sag?
            by Bill G
            This is not scientific by any means, but I am curious as to what acceptable frame sag would be. When placing a level across the driver's side frame rail. I can see a bit of light through the gap. The location is right at the point where the back of the cowl would meet the front of the body. Using a feeler gauge, a .020 will fit through, but a .025 won't. To me, this appears minimal. Comments?
            This gallery has 2 photos.
            09-07-2018, 12:59 AM
          • tbirdtbird
            More on prep for painting using phosphoric acid such as Ospho with pic
            by tbirdtbird
            I am forever promoting using this prep for freshly blasted metal or otherwise cleaned.
            This is a hood from the M5 I am working on. Like all the other sheet metal, it was water blasted a year ago. The water blasters put in a special chemical to stop it from flash rusting, but that stuff only lasts a day or two.

Few people are prepared to prime their sheet metal immediately, esp since...
            02-19-2018, 10:56 PM
          • cpf240
            Seeking Advice: Paint and Rust Issues
            by cpf240
            My father bought this '29 Special Coupe back in '78. It was in typical barn find condition. At that time, a restoration was started, but never finished. From '80 or so onward, it sat in two different garages, one in Santa Monica, and then sat outside under a tarp in Costa Mesa for several years. So, it has had some salt air exposure.

My father didn't do the work himself, but my grandfather...
            This gallery has 6 photos.
            09-14-2018, 09:46 PM
          • Brian in Wheeling
            Antifreeze Info ~ orange or green?
            by Brian in Wheeling
            What do you use and why? I know some don't use it. But what are the consideration?
            Brian W.
            09-13-2017, 07:56 PM
          • Beauford
            who knows how to shimmey? (RPU)
            by Beauford
            Ok...I've read all off Marco's stuff on door shimming with some helped but half way.. My doors even off the frame I always had to pick up on them a little to closed shut. I figured once on the frame with the blocks/rubber/welt they would be better than on the jack stands. Drivers side door was just a little bad. Passenger was worse. I shimmed front drivers side very front bolt and the one near hinge....
            This gallery has 1 photos.
            09-06-2017, 08:30 PM
          • davew
            Frame Sag
            by davew
            I checked the chassis section and could not find any information on this. If you have determined that your frame has suffered this fate how is it best fixed? Do you have to take the body off or can it be done with the body on? I have looked at the Les Andrews book. Just wondering what the thoughts were on this site. Thanks, David
            04-07-2018, 10:01 AM
          Working...
          X