Door Windows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door Windows

I'm replacing my door window and windshield glass in my 31 Sport Coupe. When installing the new felt channel is there a mastic that you install them with or none? Thanks

The door window side channel felts have locks on the top and bottom to hold them correct? You can use a little bit of weatherstrip adhesive in the middle of these but it is not really necessary. The top window seal needs to be held up with adhesive. Usually if you buy the whole kit it comes with a small tube
    What are you using for the windshield seal to frame?
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

My window supplier is furnishing the windshield seal

Comment

How do I attach the clip to the felt channel? I ordered the separate pieces. Just got them yesterday.

Comment

No. The felt channel do not have the clips attached. I ordered them from Snyder separately. Dumb! I received the clips from snyder that are cowl band lacing clips which do not look like those from Brattons. and they did not send the rivets that Brattons furnishes with their correct clips. Will the cowl band clips work?? I'll reorder the clips from Brattons I guess.

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Those rivets are the rolled style FYI & as far as the cowl band clips i don't know.
          If it were me i would get the assembled kit and ship all that stuff back

• tbirdtbird
          tbirdtbird commented
          Editing a comment
          totally agree, ship the other back and get the complete kit. Did not know they even sold the parts separate, kind of a wasted idea. You will be very frustrated otherwise

Originally posted by Fixitphil View Post
        I'm replacing my door window and windshield glass in my 31 Sport Coupe. When installing the new felt channel is there a mastic that you install them with or none? Thanks
        Have you ordered your Restoration Guidelines yet. Many of your topics are also in that book to assist you...as well as us, but i would suggest having it as part of your library also... its worth it 100%
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Yes, better to get the vendor's turn key channels which do fit, 'cause we ordered some recently with clips installed. You can bend the clip end tangs a little for adjustment to allow the channel to stretch a little and not bind. (We've used steel pop rivets for a quick repair but the heads have to be carefully seated to allow the glass to slide past easily.)

Comment

I agree with Mitch.
            About 15 years ago I ordered the assembled door window channels from Bratton's, and also ordered the kit of pieces. I thought I'd save a few dollars and rivet my own, but it turned out the kit was not identical, but looked like cheaper parts, plus I had to do my own riveting. After that I only order the assembled channels.

Comment

O me! I did it again. I hate shipping stuff back from the west coast as the rates are a lot more than other areas.
              Thanks for all the tips. I'll re-order. When I added everything up that I bought I saved maybe a buck. I hate not knowing ahead of time. I know, that's what you guys are here for. Thanks so much!

Comment

• BNCHIEF
                BNCHIEF commented
                Editing a comment
                Your not the only guy who has been down that road we all have one time or another.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Farmputzer
              Installing door windows
              by Farmputzer
              What is the procedure for installing new door window glass in a 30 Murray town sedan?...
              04-30-2018, 07:55 PM
            • Mickey
              Window felt track '31 coupe?
              by Mickey
              Is there a metal track installed in the upper door for the felt to fit into the way there is at the bottom or does it just fit into the door without a separate track installed?
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.
              06-15-2019, 01:27 PM
            • Art Ebeling
              Window felts
              by Art Ebeling
              When installing window felts in the doors and quarters does the upper rubber seal go from all the way across the top with the felt channels stopping at it or does it go between the felt channels with the felts going to the top of the door or quarter frame. Mine is a Victoria but any sedan might be the same....
              11-07-2017, 02:20 PM
            • Rumbler
              Window glass channel seal replacement
              by Rumbler
              My 82-A window glass channels have the remains of a rubber seal in addition to the bedding. It is located on the outside portion of the channel, where there is a groove to retain the seal (inside red oval in the photo below). I would anticipate it provides a seal between the window and the outer panel of the door. However, I can't seem to find this seal at my usual suppliers. Can anyone confirm...
              09-22-2020, 10:09 PM
            • Fixitphil
              Replacing window glass in rear door
              by Fixitphil
              Does someone have the trick to reinstalling the glass in the rear door of a slant window?
              03-03-2019, 04:37 PM
            • richsfords
              removal of glass B-160 rear doors
              by richsfords
              I tried to search but no luck,
              I am sending my doors out for paint and want to remove the glass and cranks and such. Must the glass be forced from the track at the bottom? the felt tracks side need to come out at the same time?
              thanks
              07-08-2018, 04:06 PM
            • Jamey E
              Need help identifying part
              by Jamey E
              What is the part called in the top of the window opening on the pass door of 29’ Tudor that the glass goes up to? This fell off of my boy’s car onto the road, & another vehicle ran over it. It is steel, & has felt on it. Also, where can we get another one for his car
              02-04-2020, 09:33 PM
            • Mickey
              Question about window felt channel
              by Mickey
              When installing new felt channels is it best to install dry or do you recommend using an adhesive?...
              06-29-2018, 02:12 PM
            • Nelson C
              1931 Tudor Rear Side Window Glass Installation
              by Nelson C
              Please advise how a new Rear Side large Window Glass should be installed on a 1931 Tudor Sedan.
              (The old window glass was broken so the old window channels just slid out. Also, the upholstery panel, window moldings, window riser, and rear seat have been removed.)

Should the new window channels and glass be slid in as one unit?
              Or, should the window channels be installed first,...
              03-01-2020, 04:38 PM
            • ES2Rider
              68B door rubber?
              by ES2Rider
              Hi, can anyone tell me what was in this 68B door at one time, there's just nails left now
              It looks like a piece of rubber was nailed in place, it would rest or guide the rear of the window edge.
              Thanks ...
              08-15-2020, 08:59 PM
            Working...
            X