Unusual Fan Mounting, Not Model A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unusual Fan Mounting, Not Model A

Last night I saw an early 60's Triumph that had the radiator fan mounted to the front of the crankshaft.
    So with this mounting, the fan only covered the lower half of the radiator.
    This is the first time I can ever recall seeing a fan mounted directly to the crankshaft on any car.

Don't forget the 1940 Ford flat head.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Bob C View Post
      Don't forget the 1940 Ford flat head.

Bob
      Here is the 1940-41 N Series Tractor engine that Ford put in pickups.
      It had the fan up high.
      I don't think they put the V8-60 in pickups, only in some cars.

Comment

Here's a big V8 with a bigger fan

Bob

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Apparently Studebaker never did it, so Tom is unaware of crank mounted fans!

Related Topics

Collapse

• copgib
        Radiator Fan Blades
        by copgib
        I was wondering if I should change my 2-blade fan for a different type and wanted to get everyones opinion. Thanks
        05-10-2018, 08:00 PM
      • copgib
        Fan Shroud
        by copgib
        How many of you guys use a fan shroud on your model A?
        05-14-2018, 06:45 PM
      • Mitch
        Original steel fan blade dangers
        by Mitch
        Original thread

Many folks in the hobby are unaware of the danger that lurks when running an original style 2 or 4 blade fan. If your car has one replacing it should be a priority to prevent bodily injury or damage to the car. The suppliers sell a replacement aluminum 2 blade fan that is well balanced and safe. Here is a link to some more info regarding the construction and deficiency's...
        07-23-2017, 07:13 PM
      • Mitch
        Original steel fan blade dangers
        by Mitch
        Many folks in the hobby are unaware of the danger that lurks when running an original style 2 or 4 blade fan. If your car has one replacing it should be a priority to prevent bodily injury or damage to the car. The suppliers sell a replacement aluminum 2 blade fan that is well balanced and safe. Here is a link to some more info regarding the construction and deficiency's of the original style fan....
        07-23-2017, 07:13 PM
      • Jedmundcars
        Engine Cooling Fan
        by Jedmundcars
        Hi Guys. Quick question. I'm installing a new water pump on Clarabelle. She has a 4 blade fan on her that looks exactly like the pics I see of the later Model B, etc. I thought since I had to pull the radiator I might as well put the 2 blade fan back on. I read where after a certain year (33-34) they replaced that 2 blade with this 4 blade when they needed to be replaced. I guess because of breaking...
        08-09-2019, 05:25 PM
      • Bob C
        Fan Belt
        by Bob C
        I saw this on Ebay and I assume it is a reproduction or NORS??

Bob
        11-17-2019, 12:35 PM
      • 29er
        Balancing the Fan
        by 29er
        I've never seen a discussion about whether the fan should be balanced before it is installed in the car. I have a repro 2-blade aluminum fan, but the question is relevant to them all. It would seem that the fan, like all other spinning things (wheels, lawn mower blades, etc) should be balanced so that undo stress is not placed on the water pump. There's even a thread by Tom W over at that other Ford...
        06-11-2017, 04:38 PM
      • Dennis
        Fan shroud tabs
        by Dennis
        Can anybody tell me if the radiator shell holes are in the same location as the fan shroud on a 1928 car? It seems the fan shroud would bolt up to the side supports using different holes than those that hold the radiator shell. The tabs on the fan shroud are closer together than the shell to radiator brackets, and the shroud tabs are lower. Anybody have a picture of that area on a 28 with an original...
        09-03-2018, 03:34 PM
      • wrndln
        Removing fan from water pump
        by wrndln
        I bought a leakless water pump a few years ago. I have no idea if it used an original casing or it is a new one. I also bought an aluminum fan about a year and a half ago from Bert's, that normally carry good quality parts, since many people have said original steel fans can break and cause damage to the radiator, hood, whatever. Well today I tried to install the water pump and repro fan. I tightened...
        06-13-2020, 04:24 PM
      • cairo16
        Radiator Fan
        by cairo16
        My car is a 1930 coupe, my radiator fan was replaced by previous owner. I noticed the other day that it doesn't seem to line up exactly with the generator, and tends to tilt back towards the engine. It wobbles back and forth when i touch it. Is there a way of tightening this up or does it have to be replaced? I should also probably mention previous owner also replaced water pump at the same time with...
        02-08-2019, 09:12 PM
      Working...
      X