• Show
Clear All
    No photos found.

Related Topics

Collapse

• 1930 Closed Cab PU
    Rebuilt motor, rope seal leakage
    by 1930 Closed Cab PU
    Got call a from the Model A shop. They informed me progress of my A, rebuilt motor and lots of other things are basically done. So now once weather gets warmer, I will be going there to drive it around for a couple of hours as shake down so they can correct any concerns I may have before taking it home. They informed me that a rope seal had a little seepage, but since it has been so cold they have...
    03-03-2019, 08:04 AM
  • OTTAWAED
    One piece (Modern) Crank Front Seal
    by OTTAWAED
    I am having constant problems with leaking front seals. Are the currently-available non-asbestos half-seals undersized? Am considering using the "modern" seal. I assume that I do NOT have to remove the oil pan, although of course the timing cover and pulley have to come out. Am I correct? Ed
    10-15-2020, 10:35 AM
  • Steve Plucker
    The Front Crankshaft packing...
    by Steve Plucker
    Which is better...The Front Crankshaft "teflon coated rubber rope" packing...OR this new Front Crankshaft "one piece nitrile seal"?

I have always used the rope in the past.

Thanks.

Pluck
    08-12-2021, 11:35 AM
  • dmdeaton
    Modern Front Crankshaft Seal
    by dmdeaton
    From Stipes, anyone use these? Do they hold up?
    03-26-2018, 07:57 PM
  • GARY FRANK
    1948-51 F1 226 cyl. front main leak.
    by GARY FRANK
    Is there anything I can add to the crankcase to make the "rope" seal swell? I went by the book and used a complete engine gasket seal kit and there is oil slinging off of the front of the exposed crank between the damper and the timing case. I only have 400 miles over 3 years on it.
    11-14-2018, 12:10 PM
  • john in illinois
    Rope seal advice
    by john in illinois
    How close should I trim a front rope seal? I usually use one piece seals.

John
    01-16-2018, 04:18 PM
  • BNCHIEF
    Rope seals
    by BNCHIEF
    In researching rope seals the new ones are teflon and supposedly not very good, best gasket make a new graphite impregnated seal they claim does work, any body use it and where do you get it best part number is 2026
    11-19-2020, 06:15 AM
  • plyfor
    Another front crank shaft seal
    by plyfor
    Found this photo on the net of a modern type seal. Just found out it is a modern seal with an alum. outer jacket sold by Specialty Motor Cam ( replacement shocks, etc.)....
    11-18-2017, 02:00 PM
  • mcfarina45@yahoo.com
    Crankshaft and Rear main seal
    by [email protected]
    I purchased the McBee A-8926902 rear seal for the Detroit with Teflon. It comes with a plastic sleeve and am not sure of its purpose.
    Is the sleeve used in a new installations or is it for shafts that have a grove warn into it? If you do use the sleeve, how is it installed?
    01-13-2022, 02:11 PM
  • JtownJoe
    Front oil slinger
    by JtownJoe
    So I got the new 2 pc. crank pulley, (threaded type) to avoid pulling the radiator, and I am removing the cam shaft cover and then dropping the pan at least enough to install the new oil slinger. I am assuming there isn't one on the crankshaft now, since the old one broke at the offsets and the ratchet nut was very tight on the pulley, is there anything else I should know? I have the Les Andrews...
    10-21-2017, 03:11 PM
Working...
X