Oil Filter Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil Filter Question

One more before I go to bed. The roadster has a oil filter block on it with some modern hot rod braided stainless lines going to it. Can I replace these with tubing? Nothing flexes on this and I would like to tone it down a bit so it doesn't look so out of place.

Pictures of the filter system you have for answers.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• dmdeaton
      dmdeaton commented
      Editing a comment
      I will take a couple pics this morning

Related Topics

Collapse

• Fourdy
    Stock oil filter
    by Fourdy
    I am using the stock flatty filter for the first time on my new engine. While cleaning it up I find only one very small hole in the inner tube about an inch from the top. Should there be more? I also have the restriction fitting at the canister inlet. These holes sure do seem to be small.

Look forward to the answers so I can move on.

Fourdy
    07-01-2018, 08:45 PM
  • carolinamudwalker
    Oil blow by from dipstick
    by carolinamudwalker
    I am getting some blow by from the dipstick hole and not the filler tube. I may be overfilling it. I have a full size oil filter with a 90 deg. adaptor and I always fill the new filter before installing it. Then I put 5 qts of oil in the engine which brings it up to the full mark. That is almost 6 Qts of oil total. Is that too much? Also did the dipstick ever have a rubber seal? My car and...
    05-22-2020, 03:15 PM
  • old31
    Whats your take on this oil filter install comment?
    by old31
    I gave this filter to my engine builder to install when he did the engine. He said he did not want to install the filter and was uncomfortable with the design. Due to the A not being pressurized, and this filter having a small return tube he did not want any part of it. He didn't think the oil would circulate fast enough through the filter. The item is from Snyders.

Any Comments?...
    03-08-2020, 04:10 AM
  • DaWizard
    Oil Filter alternative.
    by DaWizard
    Ok, Mitch asked me to take pictures of my idea of an external full flow oil filter. Now, to give credit where due, I took some of this from Al in NY and some from Harley Davidson.

This will also work as a beginning for a pressurized oiling system.

Here is a link to the HD oil filter mount on ebay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Harley-Davi....c100012.m1985

Pictures...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 6 photos.
    08-26-2018, 11:01 PM
  • 1930 Closed Cab PU
    High Boy Air filter
    by 1930 Closed Cab PU
    Recently tried one of these.

https://www.snydersantiqueauto.com/P...earchByKeyword

Does not seem to be oiled - info on the site sys it is pre-oiled, however does not seem oily to the touch, up to me to oil it?

Had the truck running/idling and removed the filter while running, a very noticeable increase in motor speed - assume...
    05-23-2019, 10:01 AM
  • slammin
    Oil Filter Kits
    by slammin
    According to the previous owner, when he had the engine rebuilt in my 29 it was converted to insert bearings. I have the receipt, from the mid 90s, totaling almost $1,900 Unfortunately, it doesn't itemize the work done. I am considering installing an oil filter kit, from Brattons. All the threads I've read are positive. But I have seen comments that the oil pump doesn't have enough pressure to use...
    12-13-2017, 10:34 AM
  • Big guy
    Air filter
    by Big guy
    I see many A's without air filters. When I purchased Rose her carb was also naked. I understand she should be naked for shows but I just enjoy driving. Does anyone have a recommendation for filter that isn't overkill and effect carb performance? Just want to protect her guts while driving....
    05-03-2019, 09:38 PM
  • bosticjb
    oil capacity
    by bosticjb
    what is the proper oil fill capacity on a 28 model a with a oil filter ?
    10-11-2018, 06:55 PM
  • slammin
    Oil Filter Kit Information
    by slammin
    Original Thread:
    https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...il-filter-kits

According to the previous owner, when he had the engine rebuilt in my 29 it was converted to insert bearings. I have the receipt, from the mid 90s, totaling almost $1,900 Unfortunately, it doesn't itemize the work done. I am considering installing an oil filter kit, from Brattons. All the...
    12-13-2017, 10:34 AM
  • DaWizard
    Air Maze replacement element
    by DaWizard
    Ok, I have someone who insists on using an Air Maze filter and I would like to know which K&N filter element is used too replace the restricting element that comes with the Air Maze?
    01-31-2019, 04:17 PM
Working...
X