Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free chassis inspection

Mitch's garage
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Bill
    http://www.brauchauto.com/
    Eastern Connecticut

Honesty is the best policy.

Where do we get reprints of this poster? Rod
    Last edited by Rowdy; 10-21-2017, 01:02 PM.
    Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

I could photoshop that ...

Comment

I straightened up the distortion and left a small edge around the frame. Let me know if you want the original frame in the picture cropped off. We can do some enhancing but I'd leave it alone. PM me Bill, Mitch. filedata/fetch?id=30863&d=1562194032&type=thumb
        Last edited by Dennis; 10-21-2017, 01:41 PM.

Comment

Nice Bill
          I can't wait to go to work on Monday, maybe she will show up again.
          Perfect job cleaning it up Dennis.

rear.jpg
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said
          "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• davew
            Frame Sag
            by davew
            I checked the chassis section and could not find any information on this. If you have determined that your frame has suffered this fate how is it best fixed? Do you have to take the body off or can it be done with the body on? I have looked at the Les Andrews book. Just wondering what the thoughts were on this site. Thanks, David
            04-07-2018, 10:01 AM
          • Dan Kurth
            Sagging frame questions
            by Dan Kurth
            I have two frames that need to be straightened, one is down about 3/16" and the other about 1/2". I took the front axle off the first one I'm going to try, and plan to leave the rear attached to hold the back down. I have a sawhorse under the frame under the engine mounts, and I'll hang some weights on the frame horns. So, in heating the frame, how hot should I get it and how big of an area...
            08-14-2018, 08:49 PM
          • TippyXX
            Soft top frame
            by TippyXX
            Looking for a frame, used or maybe mechanical drawings so I can make my on frame. any all all info will be appreciated
            Thank you in advance. Its a convertible top frame.... got so excited to post left out all the information. 31' Roadster...
            03-16-2018, 05:05 PM
          • Dennis
            Original motor mounts
            by Dennis
            I am taking off my FAM's and reinstalling my original mounts. I don't remember which way the pad on the outside of the frame goes....
            05-05-2018, 02:35 AM
          • newshirt
            Define Frame-off Restoration
            by newshirt
            Why is it called "frame-off restoration"? I don't understand how a frame can be taken off, or what it is taken off of. The wheels, yes. The body, yes. But not the frame. It can't be taken off of anything.

Can anyone explain where this term came from? And why it is used? I understand the meaning behind it, but not the choice of words.

Shouldn't it be "body-off...
            05-15-2017, 04:46 PM
          • pAAt
            28-29 ccpu windshield frame
            by pAAt
            I've heard "just buy a repo", so what's a good repo ? I would like to try to restore a "fair", but has a rusty frame. I know it wouldn't be worth my time, but has anyone done this with success ? Any advice or pictures would be welcome. pAAt
            11-27-2017, 10:57 PM
          • KB9JLO
            'A' Frame
            by KB9JLO
            If for whatever reason a person was going to build a Model A, piece by piece what would you look for in a frame, front and back axle? Obviously not going for perfection, just a good driver......
            08-18-2018, 04:36 PM
          • pAAt
            28 windshield frame
            by pAAt
            I sandblasted the "Great" looking window frame and took it to my painter. He painted it and left it to my discretion, if I wanted more done ? More definitely, but decided to take it to Brent's first for more options. I may leave it as is, because a friend painted it, and look for a better one in the future. "They have to be pristine to even be considered" IMO, Pat...
            03-26-2018, 02:20 PM
          • Bill G
            Frame sag?
            by Bill G
            This is not scientific by any means, but I am curious as to what acceptable frame sag would be. When placing a level across the driver's side frame rail. I can see a bit of light through the gap. The location is right at the point where the back of the cowl would meet the front of the body. Using a feeler gauge, a .020 will fit through, but a .025 won't. To me, this appears minimal. Comments?
            This gallery has 2 photos.
            09-07-2018, 12:59 AM
          • George Miller
            Model T with a Model A frame and running gear
            by George Miller
            I plan on putting a Model A frame and running gear under my model 23 T coupe. The model T is just to slow to drive around here. will that make it a hot rod. I have extra A frame, so the T could be put back to a original condition by saving the original T running gear.....
            08-08-2018, 05:59 PM
          Working...
          X