Radiator cap rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radiator cap rebuild

I want to install a motormeter in a repro 1930/31 cap. Does anyone sell the inner cap parts necessary to do the rebuild? Anyone offer this service? Suggestions?
    I don't want the locking cap. Thanks! Loubob

Radcap (2).pdf Attached is a photo of a repro cap wth a mascot on top. A simple hole is drilled thru the cap for the bolt and a thin rubber gasket is on top of the cap.
    I would assume locktite is on the threads.
    By the way, this is the cap design whereby the tangs fit the new Brasswork radiator (though tightly) where there's been discussion about the neck.

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• thom
      Quail cap problems, still
      by thom
      I posted two or three months ago that I had a problem with the quail cap on the radiator of our '28 coupe. I thought I had it fixed but not so. I suppose I will order a replacement. My big fear is that the neck will twist off of the radiator when I try to remove the present cap. Any suggestions?
      05-30-2020, 12:35 AM
    • gpowers
      Radiator cap won't fit
      by gpowers
      Recently just bought my first Model A. I have searched the forum and didn't find any posts on this topic so forgive me if this has already been answered a thousand times. The radiator cap that was on the car when I bought it was just sitting on the neck and the tabs on the cap were completely rusted off. I figured it would be no big deal so I ordered a cap from Macs and when it came in, it wouldn't...
      02-11-2019, 10:27 PM
    • fred93
      29 Repro gas cap question
      by fred93
      The original gas cap on the 29 Tudor that I am restoring would not tighten down. The threads looked okay but when I tried to tighten it down it just kept turning. So I bought a repro from Brattons and when I went to put it on the gas tank I seemed to have a tough time of it. Those fine threads are a pain (I guess that is why Ford changed it on to 30-31 cars)

Anyway, I got it to fit (I...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 3 photos.
      03-20-2018, 01:10 PM
    • Ken Davis
      Original 1930 Stant Radiator cap 1931 Eaton gas cap
      by Ken Davis
      How do you take these caps apart to restore.
      06-08-2019, 09:12 AM
    • Chuck Sea/Tac
      U joint inner cap
      by Chuck Sea/Tac
      I’m guessing the vent holes go at 3 & 9 o’clock? Correct?
      01-31-2020, 09:00 PM
    • canadian
      gas cap sucks
      by canadian
      1929 gas cap , Vintique 100%. 10 karat crap, can't even reproduce a fu$#ing gas cap. original back on....
      03-27-2018, 04:31 PM
    • BNCHIEF
      Quail radiator cap issue
      by BNCHIEF
      When I am driving my repop quail radiator cap turns about 20 degrees the gasket is new any ideas on a thicker gasket that works....
      09-09-2020, 06:40 AM
    • bosticjb
      BRAKE WEDGE DUST CAP
      by bosticjb
      REPLACED FRONT BRAKE ADJUSTING WEDGES AND HAVING TROUBLE GETTING THE DUST CAP BACK IN PLACE , ANY SUGGESTIONS ?
      10-22-2018, 07:04 PM
    • WayneT
      Center Main Bearing Cap
      by WayneT
      (FYI, I am working under the car.) I removed the center main bearing cap due to fact it has bad Babbitt. I am going to replace the bad cap with a good cap with good Babbitt. The old cap had 4 shims on each side totaling .014 shim thickness on each side. I am seeking an answer from someone that is knowledgeable on A main bearing cap replacement. (from under the car). My question is, how much total...
      01-28-2018, 12:54 PM
    • DBaldwin
      Radiator cap
      by DBaldwin
      I have been meaning to post a picture of my radiator cap. The Motometer broke and when I looked at the price of replacing it I decided I would go a different route. I think it turned out pretty good....
      05-18-2020, 09:25 PM
    Working...
    X