X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the "A" Hobby?

Check these out first,

Original steel fan blade dangers (be aware)
    Model A wiring basics A-Z
    Important Errors contained in the Les Andrews Books
    Model A Instruction Book & Info
    Things to check when looking to purchase an A
    Things to do once you purchased your new A
    Starting a car from long term storage
    Need a part? Read this First

Plus much more by performing a generic forum search, and browse the rest of our Technical Sub forums.

4~ Tudor's
    1~ Coupe

Henry Ford said,
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Brand new to the Model A project. Stumbled on one on June 4 and had to have it.

Comment

Cthowell WELCOME to the VFF!!
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Originally posted by Cthowell View Post
        Welcome to the VFF!!! and the hobby
        4~ Tudor's
        1~ Coupe

Henry Ford said,

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Well .....Welcome to the family
          Some pictures and a brief history of the car would naturally be next on your agenda.

We like pictures.
          Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Welcome to the gang!!!

Comment

Welcome to the party.

Comment

Looks like you just had two wins in a row!
                Your first was the addition of a Model A!
                And the second was to find the best possible Website to keep you informed and your Model A running in fine form.

You may want to buy a lottery ticket!

Ask any question and you will get honest and helpful answers from a great group of long time owners.
                By browsing through the threads, you will pick up a bunch of quality advice.
                Check out the great job Mitch has done in assembling the Tech Forum.
                Welcome!

Comment

Okay I waited and now finally got one. Im going to need a mechanic or friend near me who knows more about them then i do, but been driving her every day.

Comment

Originally posted by 28Trunk View Post
                    Okay I waited and now finally got one. Im going to need a mechanic or friend near me who knows more about them then i do, but been driving her every day.
                    I’m only 10.5 hours away,…so be patient with me..
                    Is Dorothy Judy still the Mayor of Parsons?

Comment

Originally posted by JDupuis View Post

I’m only 10.5 hours away,…so be patient with me..
                      Is Dorothy Judy still the Mayor of Parsons?
                      It's 2 hours and 40 minutes away from me swing by and pick me up on your way Jeff.

Comment

Originally posted by 28Trunk View Post
                        Greetings...and welcome to the group. Luckily, these beauties are a GREAT way to learn about cars in general.... Get Les Andrews' "Red" book. Good starting point. Not perfect, as has been noted before, but still a good resource IMHO.... Print out the "corrections" pages found here and add them to your book. Nothing is horribly difficult to work on, but reading and asking questions here is a great way to learn. And trust me, you most certainly can do it!!!! Just takes a little bit of desire to learn... Usually all of the "How To" instructions are very easy to follow....

Good luck and once again, welcome...

Comment

Tell us about your "jewel".....

Comment

I've to say hello too. Completely new to the hobby. I'm 32 year old guy from middle od Europe (Czech Republic) and big fan of Model A. So I hope that sooner or later found one for myself
                            Currently searching the market and learning all information what I'm able to find on the web.

Comment

And maybe one additional info... Car what I'm searching don't have to be completely restored. I'd like to take it as long term restauration project of mine so I'm searching also an immobile cars where is necessary to do general overhaul. Goal is to find as original assembly state as possible.
                              How common are these types of Model A in US in these days? Don't have idea.

Comment

jtmk
                                Welcome to the VFF

Comment

Originally posted by jtmk View Post
                                  Goal is to find as original assembly state as possible.
                                  Welcome to the VFF!!! Here is a mostly original car from an estate sale. I can set you up with the owner if needed. We know the seller very well
                                  https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...-sale-1928-60a
                                  4~ Tudor's
                                  1~ Coupe

Henry Ford said,

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

jtmk WELCOME to the VFF!! Here in the states the As are plentiful and in all states from total basket to fully restored.
                                    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Welcome jtmk to the VFF!!

Comment

jtmk Welcome to the VFF!
                                        Great Forum with people you can trust from all over the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post

Welcome to the VFF!!! Here is a mostly original car from an estate sale. I can set you up with the owner if needed. We know the seller very well
                                          https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...-sale-1928-60a
                                          Wow... nice one 👍. How much cost car like this? $15k?

Comment

Originally posted by jtmk View Post

Wow... nice one 👍. How much cost car like this? $15k?
                                            I think you can get it for about 10 - 12K
                                            4~ Tudor's
                                            1~ Coupe

Henry Ford said,

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I am new to this forum, having just bought a 1931 Model A Coupe.
                                              I live in England and I am 74years old and I have wanted one for years and now, I have one!
                                              I bought it as a fully restored car (done around nine years ago in the USA sometime before 2006). It's pretty good but there are a few things that need attention. The brakes need balancing/adjusting and there is play in the pull-rods, clevises, cross shafts and levers.
                                              Easy fix though.
                                              The steering is very poor, she wanders about a lot so I will be investigating after doing the brakes, which by the way have new iron drums. The front brakes have a strange operating system, see photo.

I am looking forward being amongst the greatest group of knowledgeable Model A enthusiast anywhere!
                                              (I hope the are photo's attached)

20211008_132906[1].jpg 20211008_132916[1].jpg
                                              ​​​​​​​
                                              Also, here is a photo of my Cyclekart. It is based on a 1906 Grand Prix Renault
                                              20211010_143114[1].jpg​

Attached Files

Comment

Adrian WELCOME to the VFF!!

Comment

Adrian
                                                  Welcome to the party
                                                  Love the Cyclekart
                                                  That is a different brake set up.

Jeff

Comment