1931 Tudor rear subrails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1931 Tudor rear subrails

I have to replace the rear half subrails in my 1931 Tudor. Is there any advice on what I am about to get into?

Just did that. Advice, go slow and keep everything squared up. Ask questions, if you need help
    https://www.vintagefordforum.com/for...762#post238762

It is a pretty simple design. The side quarter skins lip around the subrail. You’ll need to cut the replacement cross braces to length
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

thanks for the information and support. I bought this car when I was 14 and I am now 73. It has been a great friend and now deserves a restoration. I am a little afraid of unwrapping the quarter skins of the old subrail.

Comment

A mig, cut off tool, goggles. Then get at it I was weary too about it. Feel free to document everything, that is how we all learn
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said
        "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

spencerj13
          Welcome to the VFF. Its amazing you have had the car for 59 years. If you have some more info/stories/pictures of of you/your A to share please do so. We like that kind of stuff here on the VFF.
          Last edited by 1930 Closed Cab PU; 02-24-2021, 09:20 AM.

Comment