Flathead Ted's setup with '35 front brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flathead Ted's setup with '35 front brakes

Can I use the Ted's front parts I used with the original '30 brakes on my car if I change the front brakes to '35 assemblies or are the modified parts different?
    1930 Sport Coupe, 1965 Lotus Elan

You are still better off with just properly rebuilt originals.

That being said, do some research. You will find by late 36 they went to a full floating brakes. If you are going that route might as well get the right stuff. I believe 35 and 36 are basically the same.

You can learn about the evolution of the Ford V8 brakes in the service bulletins.

Comment

Don't the '36 brakes use the wide 5 bolt spacing? Maybe the '35 drums could be used with the '36 backing plates?
      1930 Sport Coupe, 1965 Lotus Elan

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Captndan
        Brakes
        by Captndan
        I can’t remember. Who was recommended for rebuilding brakes?
        03-24-2019, 09:26 AM
      • Jamey E
        Front & Rear brakes
        by Jamey E
        Our next mission is to inspect the brakes on the car. Can you guys give me any pointers or lead me to a technical thread on this? Also are there any special tools that we’ll need to work on the brakes or pullers to remove the drums?
        07-06-2019, 03:16 PM
      • Doctor J
        Front end/brake problems
        by Doctor J
        My 1930 Town sedan was parked for over 9 months. When I got it out to drive, it started right up, but the front end shuttered every time the brakes were applied. I thought some rust had built up. Drove it around for a while, gently riding the brakes and it seemed better. But going down a real steep hill, I applied the brakes and the whole car jumped to the right every time the brakes were applied....
        08-01-2018, 04:29 PM
      • krasnejv
        1955 Ford Customline Front Disc Conversion
        by krasnejv
        Hello,

I have a 1955 Ford Customline with drum brakes that I have recently had converted to power brakes. After the conversion, the brakes are now very touchy. I barely have to push the pedal and the brakes really take hold. The mechanic that did the work said I should convert to front disc brakes (with a proportioning valve) to alleviate this condition. However, I can't find a conversion...
        07-15-2020, 12:47 PM
      • bosticjb
        Brakes
        by bosticjb
        Finally I got brakes that will stop,, After sending my drums.shoes and e brake linings to Randy Gross and he worked his magic I now have safe brakes, If you want great service And quality workmanship call Randy Gross...
        10-13-2019, 08:04 PM
      • carolinamudwalker
        Hydraulic brakes
        by carolinamudwalker
        Has anyone had any experience with MT Bowling brothers brake kits? I drive my car at a steady 55mph, it is very comfortable at that speed and straight as an arrow with the radial tires. I feel that I am out running my brake system. Part of it is age related. When changing from my modern with a very soft pedal to the model A it takes quit some time to mentally adjust Bottom line I just am not comfortable...
        06-09-2018, 07:53 AM
      • dmdeaton
        Mikes special on front brakes
        by dmdeaton
        This doesn't seem like a bad deal with no core charge this week?
        Mike’s “A” Ford-able Parts is your best source for Model A Ford Parts. We have the most parts available for sale online.
        09-28-2017, 03:30 PM
      • Tom Wesenberg
        Interesting Brief History of Car Brakes
        by Tom Wesenberg
        I did a Google search to see what car first used Disc brakes, and I came across this interesting time period chart for brakes.

http://www.carhistory4u.com/the-last...the-car/brakes
        05-26-2017, 05:53 AM
      • copgib
        Mechanical Brakes
        by copgib
        Ok by now everyone knows I am going to put mechanical brakes on my 1930 Model A. I just got home from a 14-hour drive and looked under my car to take some photos of what was left after someone put hydraulic brakes on the back. Any and all input is welcomed, good or bad. Hugh
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 4 photos.
        05-08-2018, 09:01 PM
      • copgib
        Question on Mechanical Brakes
        by copgib
        Since my Model A has only hydraulic brakes on the back and nothing on front, does anyone care to guess what it might cost me in parts to put mechanical brakes on it. Trying to get some idea what my expense would be in parts. Thanks for any help. Hugh
        02-11-2018, 09:50 PM
      Working...
      X