Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If my father were still alive, he would be 100 years old today. He got me started in model A Fords in 1960.
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 8 photos.
    Bill
    http://www.brauchauto.com/
    Eastern Connecticut

My Dad and I spent a lot of time working on my old cars wish he was here to see the A they were his favorites.

Comment

Thanks for sharing and great pictures!
      Kevin

1931 Ford Model A Deluxe Roadster
      1922 Maxwell Model 25 Touring
      1913 Cole Series 9 Touring

Comment

And it's great that he lives on in your memories and these photos. It's a nice tribute to your Dad.

Comment

Wonderful story.

Comment

Hey Bill thanks for sharing your family photos
            It's obvious your Dad did a wonderful job mentoring you in this hobby.

3 ~ Tudor's
            Henry Ford said
            "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

100 years, that’s a lot to think about. What things must have been like in 1917 when your father was born. Pre WW1 (for us), pre influenza epidemic, pre automobiles for most. Look how simple things are for us compared to those who came before us. There are so many wonderful things that we enjoy in these modern times, but there are also things that were of great value then that no longer seem to hold much worth. Character for example. People are not as stubborn about their values as they once were. I miss this.

Comment

I had a friend in high school, early 60's who was putting together a model a pickup. I have been in love with Model A's ever since. I finally was able to buy mine in March 2015. It's a 28 Ford Roadster.

Comment

• Mitch
                  Mitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey we like pics. Post some up of your Roadster

He raised a good son !!
                Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

• 2manycars
                  2manycars commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That is the nicest thing anybody has said about me in a long time. Thank you Paat.

• pAAt
                  pAAt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your very welcome Bill !!

Memories are wonderful things, and even if we can't go back home, we can drive close, with our Model A s.

Comment

• pAAt
                  pAAt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Wise man once said that ! about an hour ago

Originally posted by sunnyorm View Post
                Memories are wonderful things, and even if we can't go back home, we can drive close, with our Model A s.
                That is why I still have the 29 tudor I bought in 1975, and that is why my brother still has the 30 town sedan that my father and I restored in 1960. My brother was only 2 when we started on that car, but he remembers it since it has been a part of him all his life.
                Bill
                http://www.brauchauto.com/
                Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Thanks for sharing those personal photos and story with us. Remember whenever we loose a loved one, they ALWAYS walk with you as long as they are in your Heart !! Your Dad will be with you forever !
                  “If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” (Will Rogers).

Comment