29 RPU rear fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29 RPU rear fenders

Ok, so this is a Brookville bed with repo rear fenders. The brookville bed does not have mounting studs for rear fenders but a cleaver pass through behind a lip for a bolt. My driver side rear fits perfect. The passenger side does not line up. I lifted the body to slide apron out a touch as it needed that anyway. I measured the fronts of the aprons to the edges of the front brackets and both are the same as I was wondering if the apron needed to be back a little. I have tried many methods. My last was first bolt fender to apron then bolt the last hole on opposite side which mounts to bed. Doing this it looks even from the rear but the other fender holes dont match up to attach to the bed side. Pic 1) is the fender mounted to the apron, pic 2) is showing how low the fender is with no hole alignment, 3) is a top image that shows the pass through hole to connect fender to the side which is to low and off center from fender hole. These fenders are new. Why would one side line up and the other not......miss me yet??? LOL
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 3 photos.

drill.jpg
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      yup.....

I'd say the bed is good, but measurements to compare would be in order. We all know and have heard how the reproduction aprons and fenders fit.

Comment

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      Dennis as Mitch pointed out above I used the DeWalt. No other option really but as long as it is even and looks good I dont mind. Is there a left and right running board or does it matter?

Last time I looked, yes, Vermin has a LEFT & a RIGHT Running Board, with Step Plates, also. NOBODY has stolen anything or put a bulb in his L/F headlight---LOL---Come & BUY Vermin, he's ALMOST ready to go touring, or chasin' Cute Old Ladies !
    Dads' Alarmcompany

Comment

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      I need it to chase young ladies!!

• CarlG
      CarlG commented
      Editing a comment
      Would you know what to do with them if/when you caught them?

• Dennis
      Dennis commented
      Editing a comment
      yes 30 some years ago... now not so sure. Nowadays most just want your money.

• Beauford
      Beauford commented
      Editing a comment
      I'm 48...hope I would know still.LOL

Carl,
    It's like remembering HOW to ride a BICYCLE---LOF
    Bill Easy

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• carolinamudwalker
      Right rear fender for coup
      by carolinamudwalker
      Are there more than one manufacturer for rear fenders? I really need to replace the right rear fender on my 1930 sport coup. Anyone have one they would like to part with? I am aware that I will have to elongate some mounting holes and use 4 letter words to make it fit
      01-20-2019, 03:39 PM
    • Beauford
      Front fender gurus!
      by Beauford
      My front fender overlaps the apron a little and does it on both sides. I assume it just needs to butt up. My rear apron bolt is in the only farthest hole so I would assume there as back as they go. Any suggestions?
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      01-17-2018, 06:01 PM
    • bambooboy
      29 rear fender braces on pickup
      by bambooboy
      put one on today using 2 bolts thru frame&wood block.does not follow contour of fender very well but did a search with other guy &1 comment say thats the way it is.my question is on outside of brace is a 1/4 inch hole,does that get a carriage bolt that will need to be drilled thru new fenders?none of the catalogs show a bolt like this,just the 4 1/2 x5 1/6 hex. tom...
      08-28-2017, 03:12 PM
    • SeaSlugs
      Tell tale signs of repop 28/29 front fenders?
      by SeaSlugs
      Gonna buckle down and straighten out one of the 2 half decent pass side front fenders I have, Both have good beads with minor 1/4" crack in the usual outer spot (but not bent and farmer globed fixed or anything) but one down by the running board area was a layer of bondo hiding some nasty lumpy metal underneath but has a decent rest of it. The other fender i have is darn near mint in that area...
      01-08-2020, 10:48 PM
    • KB9JLO
      Is this fender beyond hope?
      by KB9JLO
      I can labor through most tasks, well most but not all. I will never pretend to be an auto body person, though. I'm looking at some used fenders, running boards, aprons, brackets...
      One rear fender has been crunched. What do you think? Beyond hope?

06-11-2020, 04:38 PM
    • JohnB15632
      Model A 31 right rear fender
      by JohnB15632
      I am sanding my fenders in preparation for painting. I am working on the right rear fender. The fender, as I have it has to "folds" In it that appears to be to be original. They do not look to be to be damaged.

Post is deleted. I got my answer. The fender is accurate as shown.

Thanks,
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      04-23-2018, 02:02 PM
    • 30Pickemup
      Front & Rear Fender Welt on a Pickup?
      by 30Pickemup

I’ve looked through the fine posts on fender welting - and I just can’t see how the rear is routed down to the splash apron, then to the running board - and then out to the end?
      Also - is there a strip that goes on the front of the running board - up across the rear edge of the front fender to the cab?
      I”ve routed a white coat hanger to see if this is where the welting should...
      10-07-2018, 08:58 PM
    • lalkie
      29 Model a Fenders
      by lalkie
      I purchased 6 fenders advertised to fit my 29 ford pickup onn craigslist. I wanted the welled fender for the drivers side. The fender does not fit my 29 pickup. Can some one help me identify what the fender fits? Thanks Larry...
      07-09-2020, 06:19 PM
    • Great Lakes Greg
      Fender Welt
      by Great Lakes Greg
      Do pickup trucks have welt between the back fender and the box side?
      08-14-2019, 09:23 PM
    • Mickey
      Wide bed question
      by Mickey
      Is there a rear fender spacer on the wide bed pickup?
      08-01-2018, 03:24 PM
    Working...
    X