Official Ford Model A film

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Ford Model A film

Watched a two hour DVD that combined several Ford films on the introduction of the Model A and how it was built. However, the real interesting segment was on the dealership, service and financing. We all know that Ford controlled everything from raw materials to the final product. What was news to me was the financing and insurance that Ford provided to buyers through the dealership. While today's dealers also offer these services, they are third party transactions. The film showed a customer being reimbursed for the 1000 mile check up done by another dealer as the owner was on vacation. Obviously the 500, 1000 and 1500 miles check ups were either buried in the price of the car or sold as an extra feature.

Sounds interesting!

What's the title of the film, and/or where could we find a copy?

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Steve Plucker
      "I was told once that..." stories...
      by Steve Plucker
      How many of you at one time or the other over the years heard something about the Model A/AA Ford that you had a hard time beleiving if it were true or not.

Here is my story...I was told once that before the Ford Runtunda fire of what year I forget, that there were many Ford archives and Ford data that were lost due to the fire.

One of the items that was lost were all the...
      08-29-2018, 11:53 PM
    • Rob Patterson
      Ford Market Share. Pre T
      by Rob Patterson
      Hi,
      Recently I heard that Ford were already market leaders prior to the Model T.
      Is this so?
      If so, could you point me in the direction of where I can find the figures please?
      Thanks,
      Rob
      12-10-2018, 04:20 PM
    • Paul
      Every Full Sized Ford After The Model T
      by Paul
      An interesting read. Click on "Every Full Sized Ford After The Model T" and not on the https address.
      We are told the story over and over again in school: Henry Ford’s use of assembly line methods allowed his Model T to be affordable to ordinary people. Those who are a little car savvy know that 15 million Model Ts were sold, a record not broken until...
      01-03-2019, 04:34 PM
    • Jeff/Illinois
      American Icon: How Alan Mullaly Saved the Ford Motor Company
      by Jeff/Illinois
      This is a good book for all you Ford fans if you are looking to pass some winter weather time indoors. Some neat points they make in the book, in relation to Model A Fords, was the story of 'how' the Model A came about (we've all heard it still interesting) but also later Alan Mullaly makes reference to how they pulled Ford out of the brink of disaster after he took over in Sept. 2006, akin to what...
      01-30-2018, 05:52 PM
    • Chuck Sea/Tac
      Very early Model A ford
      by Chuck Sea/Tac
      1903 model A that is.
      this car was in a Tacoma auto dealers family since 2024, and now resides in the show room of Titus Will Ford of Tacoma. I know! Not exactly kosher. But interesting
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 5 photos.
      10-08-2019, 08:13 PM
    • Mark Maron
      1904 Model A Ford restoration...
      by Mark Maron
      Well here is where it all began., I have the pleasure of assisting on a restoration of a 1904 Model A Ford and thought I would post some pics. its an amazing car when broken down and basically a chain driven car with a wooden carriage on top.. The History is fascinating of it.. enjoy....
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 21 photos.
      03-14-2018, 03:28 PM
    • Jim Mason
      Ford videos
      by Jim Mason
      Mitch posted a link to the Ford factory videos. the one titled 'Ford river rouge plant 1928 and beyond' shows at the 20second to 40second mark the pedestrian overpass where the battle of the overpass occurred. Walter ruether and others got beat up pretty bad by Ford security.
      https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Overpass
      01-16-2019, 10:36 PM
    • Paul
      Ford Brochures
      by Paul
      Forgive me if this has recently been posted. I just found this site again and thought I would share. http://www.lov2xlr8.no/ford.html...
      02-21-2020, 02:26 PM
    • garyjill44
      '39 Ford trans in my Model A
      by garyjill44
      I've had my '30 Model A for just over 5-years. We really like the car, and the longer we own it the more we realize how much enjoyment we get from driving the 'A'on our country roads. Never thought driving at 35MPH could be so much fun. Over the past few years I've been accumulating parts for the A. I have a rebuilt '39 Ford Transmission that I'm wanting to install. This replacement is now becoming...
      08-17-2020, 08:46 PM
    • L Jones
      Ford script on tailgate
      by L Jones
      Did Ford paint the raised Ford script on the pickup tailgates at the factory, if they did what color did they use.
      03-13-2019, 10:19 AM
    Working...
    X