Nightmare

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightmare

Had a nasty dream of fire and Ms. Daisy... UGH... So got a new fire extinguisher, one I had which was never used measured EMPTY!

https://mshshots.smugmug.com/MsDaisy/i-37HmZTQ

So check your extinguisher today!

Have had one on passenger's side for years, replaced it a few years ago. Went to a show yesterday and noticed it was GONE ! !::: Car at home is always locked.
    had to have happened at a show 2 weeks ago. God bless the thief.
    Paul in CT

Comment

Gee, if someone needs to steal an extinguisher, I hope it is for them.

Comment

Originally posted by mshmodela View Post
        Had a nasty dream of fire and Ms. Daisy... UGH... So got a new fire extinguisher, one I had which was never used measured EMPTY!

Sound advice!

Comment

Buying an extinguisher has been on my "to-do" list for a long time. Thanks for the reminder. I will now move it closer to the top of the list.
          Alaskan A's
          Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
          Model A Ford Club of America
          Model A Restorers Club
          Antique Automobile Club of America
          Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Does anyone sell extinguishers, DOOR to DOOR? Seems there would be a GREAT market for them.
            Bill Safe

Comment

I've seen what fire can do to a Model A and it's disheartening, please DON'T delay in getting extinguishers. I prefer Halon or Halotron extinguishers as they don't leave a corrosive residue. They'e a bit more expensive but worth it.

Comment

The Halotron's are not cheap but as Ray mentioned its non corrosive...
                here is a link to one that's not to big....

Halotron replaced the Halon EPA requirements

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00F5CK0S0..._MHRnzb2MDSFNF
                3 ~ Tudor's
                Henry Ford said
                "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Years ago I stop and tried to put a fire out on a car. We shot the fire extinguisher, the fire just got more angry. When the fire reached the fuel tank, it grew a couple of feet then back to the original size. If the fire reaches the tires, GET BACK, the explosion will kill you!

Comment

Halon 1301 was great at putting out fires, but was nearly as affective at putting out the users. It was noncorosive also. It has been banned for nearly 30 years. Rod
                    Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

i ordered 2 of the extinguishers i posted above.. i have been carrying the corrosive chemical style jobbers. it's worth the extra few bucks to not ruin a car with the cheap stuff. thanks for starting this thread as it helps many of us rethink our strategy..
                      3 ~ Tudor's
                      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Msh,
                        DREAMS don't mean MUCH, Cindy just had a dream about SNAKES!!!
                        I have an OOOOLD Halon, will it "PUT OUT" my LIGHTS???
                        Bill Scared

Comment

My mistake Halon 1301 and 1211 are still legal. Rod

Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

Some more info on Halon etc::

http://www.h3rcleanagents.com/support_faq_2.htm
                            3 ~ Tudor's
                            Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Originally posted by mshmodela View Post

I think you need to back off the hot and spicy Thai food before bed.
                              You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Food is fine, wife is hot so likely reason :D

Comment

for those with dry chemical fire extinguishers, bang it with a rubber mallet once in a while to keep chemical from caking. told to me years ago by a fireman friend

Comment

The fire extinguisher in my Zipper is chrome plated so it should put fires out quicker than a red one!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• 1931 Flamingo
                                      Cider Mill Show
                                      by 1931 Flamingo
                                      Went to the all A&T show today at Beardsley Cider Mill in Shelton, CT (Mitch you attended a few years ago), about 45 cars/trucks, etc AND one of Mr Kelly's Town Car AND the Town Car Delivery ! ! !
                                      Paul in CT
                                      05-11-2019, 04:12 PM
                                    • Bobm90
                                      Car Show
                                      by Bobm90
                                      Yesterday I went to a charity car show, the profits collected went to buy oxygen masks for pets, these mask sets are especially designed in 3 sizes to fit any animal recovered from a house fire and will fit from a bird to a large dog. The mask sets are purchased and distributed to volunteer fire depts. by the group that sponsors the show, this is about the 3rd year for these types of shows and quite...
                                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                                      This gallery has 3 photos.
                                      11-05-2018, 07:35 AM
                                    • Leo
                                      More Opportunities for Scammers!
                                      by Leo
                                      I read some posts recently here about how to successfully sell a vehicle and not get scammed. Here in New Jersey, I went to my local bank where I've been a customer for years and asked if they would allow me to transact a motor vehicle sale there in some private location and assist with the validation process of cash or checks. Well, first strike was no place there for me to transact business. ...
                                      10-16-2019, 01:03 PM
                                    • Bill G
                                      Progress
                                      by Bill G
                                      Well, I have had the car for a little over 2 years. A few months after getting it, I was in a local car show and won a gift certificate for the car most in need of a paint job, but I had to use the gift certificate in 12 months from the date of the show. From the day we got the car, we planned on some day restoring it, but this caused us (wife and I) to dive in, which we did. Thankfully, we have...
                                      This gallery has 5 photos.
                                      08-04-2019, 11:32 PM
                                    • Nabco
                                      Car Show Today.....
                                      by Nabco
                                      Had both cars at a show today, cool pic of "Sister's" reflection in my C5 "DejaBlu", probably had 30 kids jumping in the rumble seat and driver's seat for pics...she was a big hit...she also won the trophy for best antique at the show
                                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                                      09-09-2017, 07:14 PM
                                    • Sunnybrook Farm
                                      The 29 came out of storage after about 35 years
                                      by Sunnybrook Farm
                                      i took it completely apart when I was in high school in the 70s and finished it by the time I got out of college. It isn't a show car mainly because I drove it as a daily driver to my first job. Most things are correct on it but it needs going through before I fire it up. I already put new tires on and will check the usual things then try and start it. Things sure have changed since I tore it down...
                                      This gallery has 1 photos.
                                      11-27-2017, 07:40 PM
                                    • Terry, NJ
                                      Jack town Show, Today!
                                      by Terry, NJ
                                      Hey everyone, It's the third weekend of October! If you live anywhere near Mt Bethel, Pa or Columbia, NJ. Then you know it's time for the Jacktown show! The Free show in "The Grove" . Everything old and pertaining to engines from "Hit and Miss" to a Lycoming Radial. Remember that ole John Deere, International, Case, or Allis Chalmers tractor your Grampa had on the farm? There's...
                                      10-21-2018, 08:53 AM
                                    • WMWS
                                      Trexeltown
                                      by WMWS
                                      While you lucky guys were down at Brent's I went to Trexeltown. What a great show. Probably nearly 200 cars there and the most amazing American flag displayed over the cars and a beautifully restored fire engine. A great venue for the show.
                                      This gallery has 2 photos.
                                      04-23-2018, 10:07 AM
                                    • 1931 Flamingo
                                      KlingbergMotorcarSeries
                                      by 1931 Flamingo
                                      Saturday is the first of 5 shows this year. This one featuring Model A's. Wayne Carrinni grand master with his Da's Model A.
                                      Ck out the website.
                                      Paul in CT Show is in New Britain, CT
                                      04-17-2018, 07:26 PM
                                    • Keith True
                                      Ivers Model A parts
                                      by Keith True
                                      Does anybody remember Iver's Model A and T parts?They were in Naugatuck Conn.I was scouting up some parts for an antique quarter midget race car,and a man near me has them,and some old soap box derby racers.I'm guessing from the 60's,and one has the Iver's ad and 800 phone number on the side.He has that and some old quarter midget racers for sale.
                                      04-13-2018, 03:58 PM
                                    Working...
                                    X