Smoke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoke

So moving Rusty around in the drive way and get a wiff of smoke. It was coming from the carb. I think my GAV was open a bit much but what else causing this?

You sure it wasn't a bit of exhaust? If the connection between the manifold and muffler isn't sealed, you can get smoke from that connection.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Beauford's Back!
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said
      "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Naw...it was coming out the carb throat.

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Was it after you shut him off?

• Beauford
          Beauford commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah after I turned it off but smelled something while running.

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          It was probably just caused from kick back. Make sure your spark and throttle levers are up when shutting it down.
          I wouldn't worry about it

Could be too rich of mixture and some of the vapor flashed. Not a whole lot else to burn in there.

Comment

Beauford, very nice to have you back !! Anything you need, that I may have, is yours. P.S.- I'm still waiting for my socks !!!
          Model A's and of course the famous AA's

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Keith True
            Odd carb problem
            by Keith True
            I'm having kind of an odd carb problem on an A.It is something I've never seen before.When I turn on the gas it leaks badly out the throat until the float shuts the valve.Then it does slowly weep,maybe a drop every couple of minutes.It does idle too rich,even with the GAV turned all the way down.I have verified the GAV needle is hitting the seat,but just with a magic marker,not by pressure.This carb...
            06-26-2018, 02:20 PM
          • Ayyy
            Should I match my Model B carb to my Model A intake manifold?
            by Ayyy
            When I bought my 1930 CCPU, it came with the 'A Manifold' / 'B Zenith' combo, and the manifold is not modified in any way. I've been thinking about porting/honing (what ever the right process is here?) the manifold. My truck never goes faster than 45, and almost always cruises at about 40.

So is it worth the effort to modify the manifold?

Normally I don't make any significant...
            04-14-2018, 12:00 AM
          • Beauford
            Is this common....
            by Beauford
            Took the Chassis aka "Rusty" down the road for a spin. Getting some smoke where new exhaust clamps to manifold. Paint burn off? I'm just so paranoid about hurting a fresh engine.
            05-07-2017, 03:33 PM
          • jordanka16
            Exhaust
            by jordanka16
            Well, went for a nice drive yesterday, but my passenger complained of the heat on her feet. I already have a thick mat and a reflective insulating pad, but she said it was warm still. I have read that a lot of people have good luck with the aries muffler, for many reasons, but they do reduce the heat on the floor. The existing muffler is just some glass pack thing he had lying around anyway. I've...
            08-14-2018, 03:24 PM
          • Jim Baskin III
            Deceleration miss
            by Jim Baskin III
            When going down a hill or just decelerating due to traffic or what not I have a miss or sputter I guess is the best description.Its not constant,but you know its there.I recently rebuilt a Marval carb with parts from Renners. I cannot figure out why this is happening,otherwise the car runs perfect,great acceleration and smooth at 55mph.
            What have I done wrong?
            06-18-2018, 11:03 AM
          • Terry, NJ
            Porting and polishing,
            by Terry, NJ
            Because of the bad weather and Best's Gaskets haven't arrived yet, I needed something to do. I always have a project or two that I can switch to when needed. I had started P&P a couple of manifolds. They were bored out (The easy part). Now they needed polishing, this is the tedious part. Hours of going roundy, round, inside the runners till it's shiny and smoothe all around. Later on, I was going...
            02-23-2018, 10:01 PM
          • pooch
            Alloy twin carb sidevalve manifold.
            by pooch
            Does anyone recognise this brand ?

Had RAR LA2519 on it.

Was at last weekend's swap.

08-13-2018, 06:16 PM
          • Keith True
            Odd carb problem solved
            by Keith True
            I found the cause of the odd problem of the carb gushing gas when the gas was turned on,then stopping when the float valve hit home.I was studying on the carb top when I realized there was a lead BB squished into the air passage between the bowl and the middle chamber,or whatever you would call it.I had seen that in there,it was the only new plug in the carb.That ain't supposed to be there,the bowl...
            06-29-2018, 05:42 PM
          • jcorvino
            1950 ford custom flathead v8
            by jcorvino
            good day - have dual carbs now but only running on one (still pretty strong and driveable). would like to change manifold/carbs to perhaps simple double barrel or two barrel. anysuggestions. not a custom motor basically stock 1950 flatheadv8...
            09-13-2017, 03:58 PM
          • 2manycars
            Drive report
            by 2manycars
            It was a beautiful day in eastern CT today. (Mr Rogers would have been very happy). I drove all 8 cars, and 4 motorcycles and the tractor, for a spring excercize and gas up. But the part that may interest this crowd is how the tudor ran with the intake manifold bored out. I was very surprised at how much more power it has and how much better it runs with the intake bored to match the B carb that has...
            04-28-2018, 04:51 PM
          Working...
          X