Deluxe or standard ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deluxe or standard ?

I have a 30 coupe with rumble seat and am trying to determine if it is a "deluxe" or "standard" ? What are the determining factors to classify a 30 coupe as such?? Thanks!

Hey Bogdonj Welcome back!
    I fixed your sideways avatar for you

cowl lights, Mohair or Bedford cord upholstery, pin stripe on the gas tank, a dome light, wood grained dash and garnish moldings, scroll inside door handles, carpeted floor mat
    I prob missed some stuff
    The rumble seat in 30 was an option
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

The phaetons and roadsters had 2" taller windshields on the Std. But, I don't know if thats the same for coupes or sedans.

Comment

Hey thanks Mitch! That helps a lot!!

Comment

Hey Bogdonj, WELCOME to the VFF!!
          You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Thanks DaWizard !!!

Comment

The deluxe coupe also had an adjustable seat. If your coupe has a dome lamp and adjustable seat, it is a deluxe. Cowl lamps are not a good indication, as many of them were added, just like rumble seats were added. And the really obnoxious addition was to add roadster top rest bars to a coupe and call them grab bars, which they are not.
              Only deluxe open cars had shorter windshields, NOT closed cars.
              Bill
              http://www.brauchauto.com/
              Eastern Connecticut

Comment

Originally posted by 2manycars View Post
                The deluxe coupe also had an adjustable seat. If your coupe has a dome lamp and adjustable seat, it is a deluxe. Cowl lamps are not a good indication, as many of them were added, just like rumble seats were added. And the really obnoxious addition was to add roadster top rest bars to a coupe and call them grab bars, which they are not.
                Only deluxe open cars had shorter windshields, NOT closed cars.

OK, good, thanks

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
                  BILL WILLIAMSON commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Did Deluxe Coupes come with roll down rear window?
                  Dad Dumb

• Mitch
                  Mitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think in 31 but i could be wrong!!!

• 2manycars
                  2manycars commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Option on 31 deluxe coupe with rumble seat.

I THINK IT WAS AN OPTION OR DEALER INSTALLED. KITS ARE AVAILABLE NOW TO CONVERT. Sorry about the caps.
                PAUL IN CT

Comment

You have to REALLY want one of those roll up/down rear windows. I checked the price at Mac's (UGH!) and the price is $566 and change for the kit. Then add the shipping. There's not much to them.

Comment

My 36 coupe has a roll down rear window from the factory. I may sell the car, since I bought a 47 yesterday;
                    Bill
                    Eastern Connecticut

Comment

• Mitch
                      Mitch commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Bill you have 2manycars!

• 1931 Flamingo
                      1931 Flamingo commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Pictures Bill, we like pictures and details.
                      Paul

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                    Bill you have 2manycars!
                    There's never too many cars................just too little storage space.

Comment

I have plenty of storage space. 30 x 60 two story barn, and 4 box trailers. I can get 3 cars in each trailer, and the good ones in the barn. I dont have enough time to drive them all. The photos of the 48 sedan are still in the camera, but here are a few of the 36. I just sewed up some new interior for it.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 6 photos.
                      Bill
                      Eastern Connecticut

Comment

• Mitch
                        Mitch commented
                        Editing a comment
                        It sounds like you have a great setup going and i love your 36

That is a sweet '36, and it has a late motor in it too!
                      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment