I'm still looking at the 31 Victoria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm still looking at the 31 Victoria

If I wind up buying this car, I want to put a trunk on it. I know curved back trunks and racks are available from most vendors. As you can see by the pic there is no rear spare and the bumper goes straight across. My question is this: Am I going to have any problems getting brackets for the trunk rack with this rear end set up? If I do buy the car, I plan on keeping that rear bumper on it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Mine is a tudor sedan, no rear spare AND a full width bunper with a rear rack. It should work. FWIW
    Paul in CT

Comment

I just got off the phone with Snyder's. The opinion from those guys is the luggage rack should clear the top of the rear bumper with the bracket built into the luggage rack without any modifications or extra brackets. The fellow at Snyder's put me on hold a couple of times to check with some other guys including Mr. Snyder. But then again, if I don't buy the car it really doesn't matter. Thanks, Paul for your input.

Comment

If you want your bumper to come out as far as the trunk does, there are extenders that will accomplish that.
        Alaskan A's
        Antique Auto Mushers of Alaska
        Model A Ford Club of America
        Model A Restorers Club
        Antique Automobile Club of America
        Mullins Owners Club

Comment

Originally posted by smittykid View Post
          If I wind up buying this car, I want to put a trunk on it. I know curved back trunks and racks are available from most vendors. As you can see by the pic there is no rear spare and the bumper goes straight across. My question is this: Am I going to have any problems getting brackets for the trunk rack with this rear end set up? If I do buy the car, I plan on keeping that rear bumper on it. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
          Here is a good look from California, Dick Whittington Studios.

Dick Whittington Victoria, 1931

Comment

Originally posted by ☆Ford Garage☆ View Post

Welcome Sir!

Comment

Originally posted by ☆Ford Garage☆ View Post

Dick Whittington Victoria, 1931
              Now, that's a nice trunk.
              Are those some thin trays or drawers under the trunk?

Comment

Just an update on the luggage rack. Bratton's Victoria brackets (part# 25140) worked like a champ. They came in bare metal, but after a couple coats of Rustoleum primer & gloss black they came out pretty well. I was pleased that there were no clearance issues with the full length bumper. Thanks to all for all your tips & suggestions. Smitty

Comment

• Mitch
                  Mitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good news Smit enjoy your vicky
                  What are you buying next?

Related Topics

Collapse

• DaWizard
                KariKeen Trunk
                by DaWizard
                Well, as some of you may know, I have been hunting for a decent KariKeen trunk for the back of my Tudor. Well, good news, I found one and it is currently on it's way to my house via uship.com.

So, just to give you a tease, and thank Pluck for the write up on them, I will post a couple pictures here and if you are good boys and girls, I will post the build onto the car. Now, one thing
                04-14-2019, 07:51 PM
              • smittykid
                Photo of curved back trunk?
                by smittykid
                Does anyone out there have a photo of a curved back trunk (no spare tire) mounted on a Victoria? Specifically, just like the one Snyder's sells. I'm picking up that 31 Victoria I've been looking at and sooner or later I'm going to install a luggage rack and trunk. My Roadster has no rear spare and it has a straight back trunk and it looks ok. Thanks, Smitty----- Ooops-sorry for the double post.
                06-09-2017, 04:58 AM
              • Jim Mason
                rear bumper brackets
                by Jim Mason
                FWIW,

02-24-2019, 07:26 PM
              • albjerryg
                right rear lower fender
                by albjerryg
                I have a 1955 Victoria and there is a small dent in the right rear fender just where the end of the rear bumper is. I wanted to go behind and try and push it out but it look like the is a inner panel there blocking access. Can it be removed??? thanks for any help. Jerry
                06-15-2019, 01:44 PM
              • Poor Boy
                Bumper centre clamp
                by Poor Boy
                Good evening. When a 31 Model A is equipped with a factory rear luggage rack and full width rear bumper, would it have a centre bumper clamp to match the front? I didn’t think that they did, but recently saw a picture of a car with one and it got me thinking. Thanks. Jim.
                01-04-2019, 04:39 PM
              • greenhornet
                1931 Rear bumper brackets for one piece bumper
                by greenhornet
                I am looking for correct bumper brackets for a 1931 Deluxe roadster with sidemounts. If anything a parts number or description would help but I have not been able to find a reference for that either.I am going to also need a bumper but some tell me it is the same as a front bumper and some tell me it has more curve or arc.Thanks for any [email protected]
                10-23-2018, 07:18 PM
              • carolinamudwalker
                Model A trunk
                by carolinamudwalker
                I finely saw a trunk on a sport coup that looked half way descent. Most are too large and look like the front end is about to come off the ground. Has anyone ever built a trunk or know if there are plans out there to build one?
                09-03-2018, 07:25 AM
              • Mark Maron
                Finally got a 29 ORIGINAL Trunk rack
                by Mark Maron
                Picked this up at Gettysburg from Caesar, had my eye on it from day 1, worked out great with VARCO trunk extenders, 1/4 steel is used for support and I'm very happy with this, now i need the trunk...:-) ::
                08-29-2017, 05:40 PM
              • greenhornet
                1931 Deluxe roadster rear bumper
                by greenhornet
                Probably the most confusing item I seem to have on my '31 Deluxe roadster is the rear bumper.When I first got the car in late August after posting a picture or two on another site I was told the split rear bumpers were incorrect and showed it was a typical non sidemount roadster that was converted from rear spare and bumpers were not correct for the car which has the twin sidemounts now. I never knew...
                10-07-2018, 08:04 AM
              • Apple Green Wheels Rule
                Trunk, Luggage or something else?
                by Apple Green Wheels Rule
                (To coincide with WW, BW and Oil)

I prefer same period luggage and other things rather than a trunk. I got one but it just didn't dress Sarah they way I wanted her to look. The trunk is covered with dust now. Glad I got the luggage when I did, seems value has went through the roof on Ebay.
                07-08-2017, 03:21 PM
              Working...
              X