No announcement yet.

Buyers Beware

Collapse

Related Topics

Collapse

• dmdeaton
    Reproduction Parts
    by dmdeaton
    Was going to put this in technical, but pertains to both sections. Who is making all the repro parts offered on the market today? How much of this is US made and how much is from overseas?...
    09-25-2017, 08:16 AM
  • Poor Boy
    Reproduction parts
    by Poor Boy
    Good evening. I have been spending quite a bit of time working on my A over the winter and I think that I might have an observation. I have a couple of truckloads of parts, original and early reproduction, that I bought from estates. I have also bought new reproduction parts to fill the gaps in what I needed. It appears to me like there is a dramatic improvement in the quality of the newer parts...
    03-20-2020, 05:36 PM
  • Soapy
    Parts & Service Reviews
    by Soapy
    Is there a place on VFF where reproduction parts are reviewed by purchasers who have either been thrilled or stung? Be nice to have a place to find that kind of information. I'm sure that I am not the only one here who has been really irritated by, and sometimes financially stung when a catalog describes something as "perfect replacement", "best of 3 available" and then when you...
    02-29-2020, 12:25 AM
  • Don Turley
    A & L Parts Specialties
    by Don Turley
    Last week, I sent an email to A & L Parts with a list of parts I wanted to order. I received a reply from Allen.

"I am very sorry but we are no longer providing retail sales. The CT location will be closed soon. Manufacturing and wholesale sales will continue on a reduced scale due to no employees." Allen

Since I don't check in to VFF every day, I don't know...
    06-07-2020, 07:03 PM
  • dmdeaton
    Ahooga Reproduction Parts
    by dmdeaton
    I was working in Dayton this morning and on the way back to Cincinnati I decided to look up some parts shops in the area. Since I was driving through and had a few minutes I would stop and check them out. Gaslight is in Urbana, too far north. Ahooga is right on the way home. I stopped in what is a factory and I couldn't believe what I saw. Punch presses actually making parts for A's and T's here in...
    Clean, standards-friendly, modular framework for dropdown menus
    01-17-2018, 03:52 PM
  • fmr187
    parts suppliers
    by fmr187
    Any recommendations on where to order parts, good service, selection and prices?
    07-24-2019, 06:32 PM
  • Hoogah
    Tillotson carby parts on Ebay - would you bid, sight unseen?
    by Hoogah
    Thinking about whether or not this is a proposition. Any advice?
    https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ford-A-M...vHqH:rk:1:pf:0
    10-18-2018, 11:12 PM
  • Art Ebeling
    T repro parts vs A
    by Art Ebeling
    I think we who have restored Model A's are very fortunate to have the quality suppliers with reproduction parts that are correct. I have gotten several T parts that are pretty low quality and need a lot of work to make them look and fit correctly. Even the simple items are wrong like a straight carburetor control rod that is too long and has wrong shaped ends that don't fit. I just received an order...
    01-31-2020, 08:51 AM
  • Peter
    Mac’s auto parts
    by Peter
    I ordered parts from Mac’s over a month ago, some parts were delivered some were not. Know one answers the phone there and I get no response from them by e-mail. Anyone have the same problem. Interested if anyone has had the same issue. Thank you.
    06-24-2020, 11:36 PM
  • Dave hummell
    Bill's model a parts in watsontown pa.
    by Dave hummell
    Yesterday I took a ride over to his place on the advice of a friend" wow ".Bill gave me the tour one building is 250 feet long with just too much to take in. I was thrilled he had all the new parts I was looking for and I am only 57 miles away. Spent almost 4 hours including the tour of all his buildings and old trucks and cars. Very friendly guy will defiantly use him for my parts supplier....
    12-11-2020, 08:14 AM
Working...
X