Curbside Bonanza

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curbside Bonanza

Every fall our neighborhood of 67,000 has a clean out day when you can put anything on the curb for free pickup. It's amazing how much good stuff gets thrown out, and I think it all goes to the landfill, even though they keep talking about recycling. Wish I had my trailer the other day when I went for a drive through the neighborhood. I brought home some plywood, 5 ten foot lengths of conduit, 3 fans, an N scale model train layout on a piece of 3/4" plywood, a car top carrier with 8 suction cups, 2 rocking horses, one without the frame can be made into a swing, a kids scooter, lots of cords, and a few other parts. I had to pass on an electric lift for a wheelchair, a like new snow blower, and a remote control hospital bed. That's a Lasco fan with electronic speed control and a timer if you want it to turn off after 1, 2, or 3 hours.

Curb Free Stuff.JPG

Our neighboring town, Grand Junction has their clean up week in the spring. It's a trash pickers paradise. I think most of the flea marketiers stock their tables for the rest of the year! It's a great recycling project and beats filling the landfill.

Comment

Wont riding those horses take time from your hobbies?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin in NJ View Post
        Wont riding those horses take time from your hobbies?
        I never had a rocking horse as a little kid, but at least my niece and nephews can have one. That fan can come in real handy when I'm working on Model A parts. If I'd have had that suction cup car top carrier a couple years ago, I could have bought the overdrive Model A rear end at the Gilmore swap meet.

Comment

My whole town only has 9,000 people, so we dont get a dump day. Most of these old folks dont throw out anything anyway. For that matter, I have too much stuff already.
          Bill
          http://www.brauchauto.com/
          Eastern Connecticut

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
            BILL WILLIAMSON commented
            Editing a comment
            If anyone needs a COMODE Chair, come on by!
            I've put out stuff "FREE" & nobody took it, mark it $5.00 & someone will STEAL it! BUT, once I put something out for $5.00 & it DISAPEARED! ---3 DAYS later, I found a $5.00 bill, layin' flat in the bottom of my mail box!
            Dad Rich

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tom Wesenberg
          Gilmore is a Great Way to Spend the Day
          by Tom Wesenberg
          For those who haven't been to the Gilmore car museum, you should put it on the list of things to do. It's located just a mile or two west of the small town of Hickory Corners, Michigan, or about a dozen miles northeast of Kalamazoo. It's out in the country, so there is no crowding, and no traffic noise. There are no large crowds, just a relaxed easy going visit with over 400 vehicles on display. Bring...
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 5 photos.
          09-17-2017, 10:39 PM
        • sphanna
          Bad Chinese Thermostats vs Good made in Israel thermostat
          by sphanna
          i went to NAPA and purchased a Stant 180* thermostat. Got home and tested it before installation. It would not open even in boiling water. Took it back and noticed it was made in China. Got my money back and said I wanted one made in US and was told that no-one made them in us anymore. All from China. I said, I'll check somewhere else. I went to OReilly's and found a (Murray Plus + # 3838 ) 180* Thermostat...
          10-12-2017, 10:13 PM
        • BNCHIEF
          Model a memories as a young boy.
          by BNCHIEF
          When I was a young boy my dad bought old cars that were running we are talking in the late 50's we would go hunting and looking for old cars at the same time. someone related a story to my dad about a special model a ford some guy had. I of course can't verify the truth of this story and I was young but the story goes like this supposedly this guy had a model a he was a rural mail carrier and wanted...
          10-28-2017, 07:24 AM
        • BNCHIEF
          Today was a great Day
          by BNCHIEF
          Today was a great day I finished up the 1927 model T coupe I have been working on, fixed a fan issue the fan would move back and forth, it was also trying to fire two cylinders at one time fixed everything fixed a couple of other minor issues car runs exceptionally well everything works as it should no leaks no drips I am happy and the owner is thrilled now on to my projects.
          11-07-2018, 04:07 PM
        • Terry, NJ
          Cleaning Parts.
          by Terry, NJ
          I've worked around machinery all my life but this rear end job has been the dirtiest tasks I've done in a long time. Yesterday, I emptied the bucket I had used for cleaning the parts. I threw the bucket in the recycle bin rather than bother to try to clean it up. Now I have to try to clean up the slab where I'm working, it's a freaking mess! Years ago, There was someone offering, for a fee, this...
          03-16-2018, 11:40 AM
        • Tom Wesenberg
          Support Your Local Swap Meets
          by Tom Wesenberg
          Yesterday our Model A club held it's annual swap meet at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. The rain cut back the sellers a bit, and the buyers were noticeably down from last year. The rain didn't start until about noon, so there was time to do some good shopping, and the very first thing I saw was a Power Products engine for only $10. I found an antique electric motor and a nice Wilton wood vice for...
          This gallery has 11 photos.
          10-02-2017, 12:57 PM
        • Tom Wesenberg
          Model A Swap Meet Pictures
          by Tom Wesenberg
          Today our Model A club and the Capitol City Chapter of AACA held a swap meet at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. Here are some pictures of the event. This 29 Sport Coupe looked like a good buy at $10K or best offer....
          This gallery has 3 photos.
          10-01-2018, 02:25 AM
        • BILL WILLIAMSON
          TOMORROW!!
          by BILL WILLIAMSON
          ----REMEMBER, Momma always said, "WHATEVER YOU DO ON NEW YEARS' DAY, YOU'LL DO THAT, ALL YEAR LONG"!!!
          SCAREY, isn't it????
          Dad Shakin'
          12-31-2017, 11:04 AM
        • Terry, NJ
          My Ideal engine !
          by Terry, NJ
          This is not for the old timers who know and have experience with these things, but for the new comers who have some machines and the know how to use them and want/need a little more hp under the hood to keep up with traffic, First, The head! The 5.5 heads coming from Snyders are an excellent first step. Even the 6.0 seems to be ok. For a little over $300 this should be the first consideration. Next,...
          10-16-2018, 09:34 AM
        Working...
        X