I'm gonna lock my bookcase!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna lock my bookcase!

A copy of Ben Staub's 1974 reprint of the Ford Service Bulletins sold yesterday on eBay for $186.50 + $9 s&h. Crazy!

Wow i have seen them for 125ish I'm locking mine also, and maybe buying a few more
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I wonder who got it?
      I too was surprised that it went that high, as the last several I've seen have been about $125.

Comment

With the approval of our club board I bid $150 to add it to our club lending library. Ha! Bids shot right past that!

Comment

I am looking to buy a copy and bid in that auction, but I dropped out at $130.
          Kevin

1931 Ford Model A Deluxe Roadster
          1922 Maxwell Model 25 Touring
          1913 Cole Series 9 Touring

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Dennis
            Service bulletins
            by Dennis
            Numerous times Tom Wesenberg has posted Service Bulletins on ebay, but I'm never able to catch these in time and usually don't bid high enough to win either. Will the versions the Model A dealers sell suffice?

https://www.brattons.com/model-a-for...bulletins.html
            11-30-2017, 01:27 PM
          • Jim Mason
            Ford service school
            by Jim Mason
            Was there any other books by Ford service school? this one is worth owning. Here's the cover and a sample of questions answered in the first section.

04-03-2018, 04:43 PM
          • Tom Wesenberg
            The Very Best Model A Service Bulletins
            by Tom Wesenberg
            Years ago Ben Staub made the very best reproduction of the original Model A Service Bulletins. Every once in a while they show up on ebay. I bought a set about 15 years ago. These are a bit high, but if you want the best, here is a set now on ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/122544820814...MakeTrack=true
            06-12-2017, 01:53 PM
          • CHL
            Ben Staub reprint
            by CHL
            just got it on ebay for $74.00, my lucky day.
            11-01-2017, 08:36 PM
          • Mreman1111
            Pasadena High School Model A Ford Club
            by Mreman1111
            We started a High School Model A Club 3 years ago, the only support we have is from donations to our project car is a 1929 Model A Roadster. Our kids take it apart and reassemble it, learning how to use tools in the process. Check out our fotos of the kids working on it. Your support is needed, each $100 dollar donation receives a raffle ticket for our project car. The winning ticket is set to be...
            03-06-2019, 11:09 PM
          • BudP
            EBay Cautions
            by BudP
            Many times I have purchased Model A items on EBay. Generally, I only purchase if I need the item, the price is reasonable, and the description (pictures and narrative) gives me some assurance of the quality. Last night I was a seller, listing Model A side curtains (appeared to have never been used) from my stash and new side curtain rods (original style, unopened packaging) for $475 including shipping....
            12-05-2018, 04:15 PM
          • jordanka16
            Original service bulletins?
            by jordanka16
            Going through my grandparents stuff I found this tucked away on a bookshelf. At first I though it was just a well used repro service bulletins but its different, the pages are slightly different, some are stamped by dealers, and it goes well into the V8 era instead of stopping at model As. Is it a collection of original service bulletins?
            You do not have permission to view this gallery.
            This gallery has 8 photos.
            03-24-2019, 12:09 PM
          • Tom Wesenberg
            Where Does Your Model A Club Hold It's Meetings?
            by Tom Wesenberg
            Our club meets from 7 to 9 in the cafeteria of the local high school. We don't meet during the summer months when school is out, so we hold 9 meetings. For this we pay the school $1040, but next year they will charge us $2700. This is way out of line IMHO.

I've always thought the club should buy their own meeting place, but have never looked into the cost of that.
            08-04-2018, 10:42 AM
          • 1930 Closed Cab PU
            Service Buletins - On Line
            by 1930 Closed Cab PU
            Just noticed the Service Bulletins are posted on line at this site in the Technical section.

https://modelagarage.com/#

Perhaps has been pointed out on VFF before, thought I would point this out to those of us like my self who did not know this, or are unaware of being posted anywhere else on line....
            03-15-2019, 09:54 AM
          • richsfords
            towing services and insurance SHOUT OUT
            by richsfords
            During the National Tour I had a road side seminar. Late night on a mountain side. Fellow CCA club member got us to an service station, called the towing service listed by the Mountain region Club. Colonial Court Service, showed up fast, efficient and inexpensive.
            Because of the late hour I didn't call the tow line provided by Hagerty Ins. Just wanted to get back to Elkins before dawn. I submitted...
            06-12-2019, 10:44 AM
          Working...
          X