Engine Stamps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Stamps

does anyone have an original / correct style engine stamp kit with the star that i can borrow? will pay shipping and rental fees
    if not i'll bite the bullet for 180.00..
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Check your PMs.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

still looking
      3 ~ Tudor's
      Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Wow that was quick.. i procured a set locally from a VFF member
        thanks Wiz for the offer
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• CarlG
          CarlG commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi Mitch,
          I have one that I would be glad to loan you. However I see you got one locally.

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks Carl
          I will keep that in mind, the local guy has to locate his

Yes, I may borrow from Wiz for the frame....I know how to get to PA now LOL

Comment

Nice to see fellow's loaning out tools... Maybe a sticky topic for thing folks are willing to lean out?

Comment

• CarlG
            CarlG commented
            Editing a comment
            My garage is affectionately known as the "Model A Tool Crib" of Anchorage. I had 3 guys come by the same day last week for various tools.

(I also have a generous supply of genuine Snap-On head bolt wrenches for sale to any one who wants one.)

As far as "lean out". I need to do a bit of that also.

Originally posted by Beauford View Post
          Yes, I may borrow from Wiz for the frame....I know how to get to PA now LOL
          LOL, just so you know, I am in Ca.
          You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

I'll meet ya half way. Hahaha

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• ClaudeC
              original factory engine color
              by ClaudeC
              Does anyone know the original factory model A engine color? Did anyone ever see a surviving model A engine to see the actually paint color? with all the model A;s out there maybe there is an original engine or components of an engine that show the real factory color.
              04-28-2020, 02:04 PM
            • ClaudeC
              Reply to increase HP
              by ClaudeC
              Is it dangerous to over stress an engine by using a high compression head? Especially on an original factory engine? How much extra horsepower could be obtained if any on an original engine?
              02-08-2020, 04:28 PM
            • Soapy
              Modifying a B Engine
              by Soapy
              This is not usually my area of interest, but there is an article in Hemmings Daily about modifying a B engine for speed in a pre-WWII style which I found to be interesting: https://www.hemmings.com/blog/2019/0...er/?refer=news...
              07-01-2019, 10:07 AM
            • pAAt
              Engine number
              by pAAt
              I have an engine with somewhat strange engine numbers. (*A4624i6i*). The * are stars and the i's are in the capitol form of i, not like the normal 1's stamped. Stamping looks to be original. Any thoughts on this would be helpful. Thanks, Pat...
              03-25-2019, 04:17 AM
            • 56FF
              Complete Engine For 56 Fairlane
              by 56FF
              Hi All, I´m new here on the forum and new at restoring cars. I was gifted by my grandfather a 1956 Ford Fairlane. It was in storage for more than 20 years. I sent it to the shop and the shaft and engine need to be replaced. Which engine and transmission combo would you suggest I install? Also which break system. This is going to be used only on weekends for street drives.

I apologize...
              09-11-2019, 07:38 PM
            • Hoogah
              Correct engine colour
              by Hoogah
              Yes, that’s how it’s spelt! My engine rebuilder is almost finished and I’m looking for the correct engine paint. It’s not that easy! Which of these two photos is closest to correct colour?
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.
              07-15-2018, 06:08 AM
            • conaway2
              Who designed the Model A engine ?
              by conaway2
              Years ago, I remember reading somewhere that the engineer who designed the A engine did so in a remarkably short time, and when a prototype Model A with the new engine was taken on a test drive in 1927, it outran every other vehicle on the road. I cannot remember where I found this, or who the engine designer was....can anyone help me with this information ?

thanks - Jim
              03-16-2020, 04:56 PM
            • PAPADUDE
              Opened engine
              by PAPADUDE
              After opening the engine up all I did was spray it down with WD-40 and wipe it down with a shop towel. Looks fairly decent.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.
              10-04-2019, 10:56 AM
            • Ray_pilot
              Engine rebuild
              by Ray_pilot
              Have a 28 Tudor project. But engine needs to be rebuilt. Are there any affordable shops? I can almost buy one for what I am getting quoted for a rebuild.
              Thanks.
              01-31-2020, 04:58 PM
            • copgib
              Engine Stand
              by copgib
              Ok I am here to ask all the experts what would be the best engine stand to buy that I could work on a Model A engine with? I am hoping to get one that will hold a Model A engine with the transmission attached. looking forward to your advise. Hugh
              12-13-2019, 09:55 PM
            Working...
            X