Clear All

• Kelsey Hayes Wheel

One long spoke crosses two others

kelsey.jpg
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

These are stamped KH on the inside of the wheel and on the back of the mounting hub.

20171008_174035_1507509773706_resized.jpg20171008_174122_1507509772122_resized.jpg
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
      BILL WILLIAMSON commented
      Editing a comment
      You makin' me feel BAD, mine UR jist the plain old spokes! But, they sport NEW Coker Classics Blackwalls, They cost me a BUNDLE & I already had NEW tubes! They haven't even rolled out of the garage, yet!
      Dad Poor

16 inch wheels? Are 16 inch wheels frowned upon in the states?

Comment

Flash lower rear 003 (Large).jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Curly View Post
        16 inch wheels? Are 16 inch wheels frowned upon in the states?
        Curly Not at all
        Many like using them for touring, higher speeds, handling.
        Do they frown upon them in Alaska? I thought you guys were part of the states!
        3 ~ Tudor's
        Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Regarding Wiz's pictures i guess not all KH wheels have one spoke crossing two? I wonder how nany variations were made?
          3 ~ Tudor's
          Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

• BILL WILLIAMSON
            BILL WILLIAMSON commented
            Editing a comment
            We never know how many companies were making wheels, to keep up with the demand! Many think Models As came NEW, with 16s!
            KDad

I'm betting Kelsey made the bent spoke wheel like Mitch showed AND the one's DaWizard shows which look like regular Ford 16"ers.
          Paul in CT

Comment

After doing some more digging Kelsey Hayes manufactured some wheels for Ford without the bent spoke crossover type pattern. That is probably what Wiz has on his car since they are stamped KH. The bent spoke rims are the more difficult ones to find>>
            3 ~ Tudor's
            Henry Ford said

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I have 1 4 1/2 wide bent spoke. Try finding one of those. Looking for 1 more so I can put them on the rear.

Comment

• Mitch
                Mitch commented
                Editing a comment
                Post it in the VFF wanted area.. You never know!!!

Nice shot of your car by the way, looks good

Mine have the iron oxide coating with beauty rings.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitch View Post

Do they frown upon them in Alaska
                Some do. Many of us have 16’s. Carl’s set up is the best of both worlds in my view. Radials that have the driving quality of modern wheels but the more period looks of the originals. This is the direction I am going when I can.

Originally posted by Mitch View Post
                I thought you guys were part of the states!
                Hawaii and Alaska refer to the contiguous United States as “The States”. Alaskans also call them “The lower 48”, or simply “outside”.
                We’re currently in talks with Russia to buy us back from the lower 48 (don’t tell you government). The main hang up in negotiations is vodka. We Hairy chested Alaskans like whiskey, not vodka!
                Another point of contention is the ugly Russian ladies but we’ve about decided with enough make-up and whiskey they won’t be that bad. Besides it’s dark up here half the year so that should help as well.

Comment

• Mitch
                  Mitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thank's for the history lesson
                  I think i'll stay where i'm at

• pAAt
                  pAAt commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Curly, I loved Alaska twice and would go back in a heartbeat. I never checked out the Russian towns yet, Vodka and women you say

I always like finding bent spoke KH wheels. Unfortunately I have had to sell all of the ones I have found. Hopefully the next five good ones I find I will be able to keep. Had a 17" KH last year, but the lug holes were toast. A guy at the Lincoln swap meet bought it and was going to put a new center in it. Lots of work, but he was saving the only 17" bent spoke I have ever had and seemed happy to have found one. Rod
                Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment