Model T assembly plant codes...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Model T assembly plant codes...

Has anyone ever noticed on the Model T BODY floor cross sill (front) any type of letter and numbers representing assembly plant codes?

For instance SFA 0927 for San Francisco Assembly plant or AS 12345 for Seattle Assembly plant.

These codes are on a majority of Model A's...was wondering about the Model T's.

Thanks. Pluck

Steve yes there are I have been told that the stamping is from the body builder not ford, my 1919 has that number on the right side front floorboard riser, one of these days I will take a pic of it if you wish and on my 1927 fordoor as well.

Comment

Well heck yes I would like to see those numbers.

Pluck

Comment

• BNCHIEF
        BNCHIEF commented
        Editing a comment
        Steve I will work on that for you and pm you when I get them there were no numbers on mine in the front seat riser. Ever seen an actual from the factory vacuum wiper for a 27 T that rolled off the line I can show you one.

Related Topics

Collapse

• Steve Plucker
      Model T assembly plant codes on body...
      by Steve Plucker
      Has anyone ever noticed on the Model T BODY floor cross sill (front) any type of letter and numbers representing assembly plant codes?

For instance SFA 0927 for San Francisco Assembly plant or AS 12345 for Seattle Assembly plant.

These codes are on a majority of Model A's...was wondering about the Model T's.

Thanks. Pluck
      10-08-2017, 09:57 AM
    • Steve Plucker
      Assembly plant codes on Model T's...
      by Steve Plucker
      Have you folks with Model T's ever seen on the body's sub cross frame, letters and numbers representing the assembly plant for which the Model T was assembled and the number of that body style?

This is common in a lot of Model A's...Just wondering about the Model T's.

For instance in the Model A: "SFA 3349"...San Francisco (SFA) 3349 (number of specific body style...
      02-11-2020, 11:34 AM
    • Steve Plucker
      Assembly Plant and Dealership Bill of Sales...
      by Steve Plucker
      It has been awhile since I got some Assembly Plant and/or Dealership Bill of Sale records to incorporate into my data bases.

Does anyone have any to add to the data bases?

The neat thing about these records is that if enough are collected and put into the correct assembly plant data, one can come perty close in finding out just when a particular car came off the assembly...
      04-05-2020, 08:04 PM
    • Steve Plucker
      San Francisco Assembly Plant Body production numbers
      by Steve Plucker
      I have been collecting the San Francisco Assembly Plant Production numbers for some time now (a big list was sent to me by I don't know who, also).

If you have a Model A that was assembled at the San Francisco Assembly plant and would like to share your information, please do so.

All I am asking for is the following:

Type of body: Standard Coupe
      Year of...
      04-19-2020, 01:23 PM
    • hudson32700
      Assembly plant number
      by hudson32700
      I located a stamping at the cross member where the drivers left heel would be on my 1931 Tudor standard, (it has an indented firewall). There are no letters, just a number 11336. What would that represent?
      03-25-2020, 01:18 PM
    • reggie
      Atlanta Ford Plant
      by reggie
      Does anyone know the Day, Month and Year that the Atlanta Plant Opened and Closed and as to what they all made there other then Cars and Trucks like some Plants Painted small part's and some made Rear Fenders or Both of the Fenders, And some Plants put Motors together and what I want to know is what did the Atlanta plant all make at that Plant and when that was all started and ended and what it was...
      06-17-2018, 08:55 AM
    • Steve Plucker
      Four-story assembly plants
      by Steve Plucker
      Does anyone know of any publication that describes the workings of a four-story Ford Motor Company Assembly Plant?

Thanks.

Pluck...
      12-05-2017, 03:26 AM
    • Soapy
      Assembly Plant Number
      by Soapy
      I just found the assembly plant code for my early 1931 Tudor. It was under a thick coat of paint and the letters and numbers were larger than I had expected. There is also another X which I wasn't expecting. I wonder if it is related to the x on the frame number. The code is: AX STL 14511

Was the St. Louis assembly plant that assembled Model A cars, the same one that originally built...
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.
      10-23-2019, 01:22 PM
    • Steve Plucker
      Mexico City Ford Assembly Plant
      by Steve Plucker
      Does anyone have a photo of the Mexico City Assembly Plant (Before 1928) that assembled the Model T Ford?

Would any photos of assembly plants be in the Model T era books of Ford Industries?

If so, please email me at [email protected]

Thanks.

Pluck
      11-18-2017, 12:43 AM
    • Jamey E
      Model A assembly plant in Parkersburg WV
      by Jamey E
      Has anybody ever heard that there was a assembly plant in WV? My dad told me that the now, Warner Kia, is where they used to mate the bodies with the chassis. The rolling chassis would come in on railcar & they would finish assembly at the Warner building. He also said he actually found a leftover stash of parts many many years ago there when he helped with some remodeling when it was a Pontiac...
      10-31-2019, 04:39 PM
    Working...
    X