piston pin removel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• piston pin removel

Ok new here hope im in the right place... i have several A engines I want to rebuid one... so can someone tell me how to remove the piston pin i was told by an old model a man there was a clip in the center I do not see this need help befor i start pressing.. thanks

jcameronh, WELCOME to the VFF!!

On the stock pistons there is a clip inside the piston that holds the wrist pin, but not knowing what you have, it is hard to tell.

Pictures would be of great help. Top, bottom, side to side would really be a help.
    You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

If you have the original center clip, then support the piston area just outside the wrist pin and press the pin down and out.
      To reinstall it you need a tapered guide pin to expand the ring so the wrist pin enters it. It is a bullet shaped guide pin.

Comment

Ok thanks so much ... must be am have never seen oem could not find any pics on the net so didnt know where the clip was... also notice i got moved off the page sorry if i posted in wrong place..

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Chuck Sea/Tac
          Wrist pin bushings
          by Chuck Sea/Tac
          I’m just short of 40,000 miles, and I’m tightening the bearings, new rings, because I overheated badly this spring. Wasn’t burning oil. Very little wear in cylinders, no ridge ect. The wrist pins have no precivable movement. My question is how long do wrist pin bushings last. I don’t know of any wore out engines I’ve pulled apart where they were rattling. I use diesel oil with zinc. Which...
          01-11-2020, 08:25 PM
        • Jim Mason
          king pin felts
          by Jim Mason
          New one on me. Im rebuilding (not restoring) a front end and on dissasembly noticed the lower cup didn't have a felt in it. Well incleaning up the king pin I found it, and the actuating pinfelt. they were both on the bell of the king pin.

08-03-2019, 11:54 AM
        • lpl87
          Door hinge pin removal
          by lpl87
          How hard is it to remove the top door hinge pin to install a hinge mirror on a 1930 coupe ?
          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
          This gallery has 1 photos.
          09-27-2017, 10:00 AM
        • Beauford
          King Pin Kit
          by Beauford
          If you purchase the Kingpin kit from the two reputable sources, the felt cups are too big. If you search to buy individually felt cups they state that these are machined to the correct size as the others were bigger.(I'm certain the bigger ones are in the kit) I was putting in pins last night and with the kit felt cups and felt it will just wedge and mangle itself trying to align the spindles. Just...
          01-20-2018, 12:41 PM
        • lpl87
          Door hinge removal
          by lpl87
          How hard is it to remove the top door hinge pin to install a hinge mirror on a 1930 coupe ?
          09-27-2017, 10:00 AM
        • SAJ
          Piston Expander. "Koetherizer"
          by SAJ
          I posted this on "another"forum in response to others and thought it might prove interesting on VFF
          "I have a piston expander called a Koetherizer. Invented by Emil Koether in the Early 1930's. You clean the piston internally by blasting with walnut shells in the right hand chamber of the machine. Then insert the special squeeze bolt through the gudgeon holes, tighten the bolt...
          This gallery has 2 photos.
          03-07-2019, 04:45 AM
        • ahirt
          Front Brake Operating Pin
          by ahirt
          So can anyone tell me why this operating Pin that I removed while redoing the brakes is almost 7 1/4 inches long? Other side was correct length.
          08-18-2018, 03:14 PM
        • Mark Maron
          NEW KING PIN ???
          by Mark Maron
          Just wanted to share with you all the my wife Lil' Val got a NEW KING PIN on Monday....she is resting up good, pain subsiding and doing her therapy. She plans on seeing you all in Dearborn and judging electrical again as Team Captain....She does NOT miss a beat!!!!...
          This gallery has 2 photos.
          01-25-2019, 06:28 PM
        • 40B1930
          Operating Pin Shim
          by 40B1930
          Seriously - does one need to remove the front backing plate to add one shim (pill)? I tried needle nose pliers to lift the pin up far enough to slip one in and no luck. Thanks for any suggestions....
          07-22-2018, 11:01 AM
        • dmdeaton
          Kin Pin Locking Bolt and Front Axle
          by dmdeaton
          Ok, 1 more dumb question tonight and I will leave everyone alone. The new king pin locking bolts wont start through the axle. I thought the holes might be tapered, and the axle is installed backwards, but the locking bolts are not tapered. I am guessing I just need to ream or run the proper size drill through the holes to clean them out?
          04-28-2018, 09:11 PM
        Working...
        X