Hershey barn finds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hershey barn finds

So the story goes these were pulled out of a barn and transported to Hershey in an enclosed, untouched. Complete with dirt, hay, cobwebs and all. The guy told me the Vicky just went for 70K at the meet, the interiors were shredded from what i could see looking in through the dirt
    The vicky was last run 20 years ago...

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 5 photos.
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Holy smokes..........I might have to raise the price on my 29 Tudor. It's cleaner and has more back seat room.

Comment

A complete '32 Vicky, $70k, that is probably a bit light, dirt not withstanding.
      You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Any of them RUN?

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          the vicky did 20 years ago,, the other was way longer

RAN WHEN PARKED!!

Mitch,
        Great to see you among the rust on Wednesday in the MARC tent. You did a great job of putting up ads for the forum.
        We went back yesterday to buy more rust.
        Dave

Comment

• Mitch
          Mitch commented
          Editing a comment
          Dave it was great seeing you again also!!

I guess is it just me but an original 32-34 Ford's were justs Amazing... Way beyond my means.. A fellow about a mile north has nice 36' Ford (original non-pimped out) and just a beauty...

Comment

The early V-8's were all very sharp cars in my eye! 32-33-34's and '35-'36 three window coupes!! Yeah baby!!

Cost a bit more to pay and play than most Model A's do. But then the good ones have pretty strong resale values.

Comment

Well what are your opinions of that vicky selling for 70K not running?
            3 ~ Tudor's
            Henry Ford said
            "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

I'll say it again, for an all original '32 Vicky, $70k is light. IF it is a 4banger, truly light.
              You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

Does anyone know if either (both) sold??
                Paul in CT

Comment

• Mitch
                  Mitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Post #8

My buddy saw those cars and said on close inspection, they were staged. Dust and cob webs blown on for effect.
                Bill
                http://www.brauchauto.com/
                Eastern Connecticut

Comment

• Mitch
                  Mitch commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Bill that was my first thought also!!

Take a car and drive it through a cornfield to trash it up, throw some more crap on it, a perfect barn find

And as far as how original they were who could tell without doing a full detail over and under.

Apples to Oranges here, and not wanting to hi-jack this thread, but last week I was told about a 31 SW Vickie for sale in this area. Was told engine was rebuilt and some other restoration work done. Price seemed cheap, but without seeing it, I do not know for sure. What is the going price for these unrestored? Rod
                Much of the social history of the Western world, over the past three decades, has been a history of replacing what worked with what sounded good.

Comment

I would really rather own a fairly untouched original car with the mechanicals restored back to factory.
                  I had a 30 fordor that was repainted poorly at some time (all blue) and very little interior. Had the drive line set up to be safe and reliable. I got a lot of attention at the shows and I really did not have to care about the body or interior.

Comment