firewall mounted cast iron sediment bowls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• firewall mounted cast iron sediment bowls

Are there differences in the firewall mounted cast iron sediment bowls? Are 31 bowls the same as the 28-29 bowls or are there differences? Looking to find a correct 31 bowl. Thanks!

28-29 bowls are fatter from my observations. Other than that they are the same. I haven’t had very much luck finding a good 28-29, they usually are cracked at the bottom and rusted.

Comment

Page 1-7.jpgPage 1-8.jpg
      Above are the answers to your questions.

Comment

Saw this last weekend. Interesting way to fix a leaky sediment bowl.
        Cork.jpg
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

That's funny! ! !

Comment

Originally posted by 1crosscut View Post
            Saw this last weekend. Interesting way to fix a leaky sediment bowl.
            Cork.jpg
            I think this pic should be added to the “farmer fix” thread.

I studied the picture....and Yes, this works. But....I think I would also add some #9 fencing wire to insure it won't fall out.
            Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Not sure what #9 wire is, but an alternate for for a farmer fix would be some old rusty barbed wire.

Comment

All I see is a "FIRE LOOKING TO HAPPEN" !! Add the Rubber hose and the Copper gas line !!..I would not trust that line hose clamp as far as you could throw it !!..

Comment

Originally posted by A-7747 View Post
                  All I see is a "FIRE LOOKING TO HAPPEN" !! Add the Rubber hose and the Copper gas line !!..I would not trust that line hose clamp as far as you could throw it !!..
                  Good catch, I did not notice that.

Comment

Originally posted by 1930 Closed Cab PU View Post
                    Not sure what #9 wire is, but an alternate for for a farmer fix would be some old rusty barbed wire.
                    Barbed wire is made with #9.
                    Just be careful of how you use it. A7890201-4B81-45CA-9459-8AEA1320CB82.png
                    Twiss Collector Car Parts

Comment

Down my way, we use that number nine to restrain and detain rustlers and car thieves until the authorities arrive, when we get time to call them.

Comment

Thank you the info!

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Tom Wesenberg
                          Don't be Affraid to Weld Cast Iron
                          Tom Wesenberg
                          by Tom Wesenberg
                          When I was 12 I worked for a farmer a few miles away. One day a cast iron part broke on his vacuum pump for his milking machines, so he threw it away. Back then many people seemed to think you couldn't weld cast iron. By the time I was 15 I learned cast iron could be welded or brazed to repair a break. About 30 years ago I hit a tree stump and broke the mounting ear on the quill on my Cub Cadet mower...
                          You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                          This gallery has 4 photos.
                          06-08-2017, 09:15 PM
                        • Jwmckenzie
                          '31 Side Bowl - Original or Repop?
                          Jwmckenzie
                          by Jwmckenzie
                          I have collected a few sediment bowls for the '31 side bowl carbs over the years. How do you tell an original from a reproduction?

I have two you can see the casting parting seams. Also they have markings cast into the front of the bowl. The one in the pic you can read a G and 4. The other has a letter and number also cast but can't read it, may be an S and 18.

10-25-2020, 01:06 PM
                        • Tom Wesenberg
                          This is Why There is a Water Drain on the Cast Iron Sediment Bulb
                          Tom Wesenberg
                          by Tom Wesenberg
                          Words really not needed, as the picture tells the story.
                          Actually this probably came from an old Model A that sat out for many years with no gas cap, so the tank and sediment bulb filled with water.
                          09-16-2018, 04:23 PM
                        • efddd
                          4" drop axle
                          efddd
                          Jr Member
                          by efddd
                          Does anyone know what the 4" drop axles sold cheap in the USA these days are made of? I assume they come from china. Cast steel? Cast iron? Ductile? I have one that has about 2 degrees too much positive camber on the passenger side. The alignment shop is afraid to bend it unless they know what it is made out of. I don't blame them. If it's cast iron it will snap like glass.
                          08-09-2019, 09:13 PM
                        • TOBKOB
                          Brake linings and equalizers
                          TOBKOB
                          by TOBKOB
                          I have a couple of questions for the more knowledgeable members. What kind of equalizers do I have and what type of brake liner is best with the late 31 cast iron drums. I have used the Scandinavian lining on steel drums and I have them to use with new cast iron drums on a project but they aren't on the chassis yet. Bratton's has the woven lining, Mikes has the molded type and Snyders has both and...
                          03-07-2018, 08:55 PM
                        • Leo
                          Cast Iron Sediment Bulb Does Not Leak Because?
                          Leo
                          by Leo
                          OK, indulge me here. The glass bulb has a gasket to seal it but the iron bulb has a lead? washer between it and the large brass nut on the bottom and the threaded plug with the spring which screws into the brass nut has no gasket to seal it that I can see. Am I missing something here?
                          04-27-2018, 10:49 PM
                        • Dave hummell
                          31 cast front drums
                          Dave hummell
                          by Dave hummell
                          Hi, A friend of mine Just gave me a bunch of model a parts and there are two 31 cast drums they are very nice shape they were used on a trailer for eons for around two different farms. I am wondering if anyone is using this type of drum and is it worth changing out my steel drums for these cast drums. I have webbed lining from snyders on my car. Thank you
                          10-11-2020, 09:40 PM
                        • Ed H
                          Indented fire wall
                          Ed H
                          by Ed H
                          Would someone pls post a pic of an inverted firewall. I an not sure if indented means for the V8 or fuel system.What yrs did the indented firewall show itself?

Thanks
                          12-29-2017, 06:42 PM
                        • Foxfire
                          Question on cast iron brake drums
                          by Foxfire
                          When were reproduction cast iron drums introduced? The key word being reproduction. I have some cast iron drums on my A but they are not as well machined as those currently available from vendors. Decades ago it was the late 31's from Ford that were highly sought after. I'm assuming because nothing else was available. I'm trying to date the drums I have. Here's pictures of a current drum and...
                          04-02-2018, 04:50 PM
                        • copgib
                          Need Advice
                          copgib
                          by copgib
                          Could someone explain to me why I would want cast iron drums on my car over steel drums? Also, I know I will get many different answers but if my generator is working fine, what is the advantage of replacing it with an Alternator? Thanks Hugh
                          12-02-2018, 10:28 PM
                        Working...
                        X