Massachusetts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massachusetts

I was told as of today, Massachusetts has a new vehicle inspection procedure.
    There are now 3 or more cameras in the inspection bay, a body camera on the inspector, and audio communications with somebody at the registration office, which can ask for additional inspection...at will. One of the new requirements is the parking brake must be set, and the engine reved up and the clutch released. If the vehicle moves, it fails.

This seems excessive for antique vehicles!!

Are there any other states so excessive?

Antique vehicles should be exempt from inspection like they are here..
    3 ~ Tudor's
    Henry Ford said
    "It's all nuts and bolts"

Mitch's Auto Service ctr

Comment

Not the case in Massachusetts. It has been suggested in the State government, however there has been no action yet.

Some me of the inspection stations have no idea, how to start a Model A. They claim, they have to drive the vehicle in and out of the inspection bay.

I wonder what what they will do with Model T's??

Comment

Hey Brian, just pull it up and do your normal shutdown routine, turn the gas off, push in the switch, or turn the key off, put on the brake and kick into neutral, exit the car. Now hold out the key to the youngster doing the inspection and tell him, "there ya go, all yours".

Now, break out the camera and video the whole thing so you have a movie to show the judge just how inept and unable the inspectors really are and how frivolous the law is. I bet when they fail your inspection and you go before the judge he will laugh just as hard as you do when the car fails.

Oh yes, please be sure to post it to Youtube so we can ALL have a laugh. :rolling:rolling
        Last edited by DaWizard; 10-01-2017, 12:53 PM. Reason: cuz i caint speel
        You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

That is a awesome idea!!! This should be hilarious!!!!

Comment

Oh Brian, you KNOW you HAVE to do it!!

To add insult to injury, I'd not only hand them the keys, but the hand crank also!!

BTW, you may not have enough video storage time on your phone, take a camera with ya, oh, and the easy chair!! :rolling:rolling
            You wana look waaay far up da road and plan yer route because the brakes are far more of a suggestion than a command!

Comment

• DaWizard
              DaWizard commented
              Editing a comment
              Oh I quack me up. Too bad California doesn't have laws like that, Youtube would be filled with videos.

We are not supposed to pump our own gas in Oregon. But I always ask to do it myself, and if they refuse I ask them if they are ready to pay for a new $3000 paint job if they damage the paint or any other part of the car. That usually cools their jets, and I pump it myself. A similar argument might work at the MA DEQ.

Comment

Brian...I just sent you a private message.

Comment

I'd think twice about "pissing" the inspector at a private garage who's either going to say ya or nay on whether your car stays registered. I'm sure he'll be able to find something "wrong" with yours . JMO
                Paul in CT I take cars to the DMV inspection station in Wethersfield CT on a regular basis, sometimes for a VIN ck on an abandoned vehicle we're trying to sell or other reasons. A little bit of honey goes a long way.

Comment

I kinda have to agree. The inspection stations are tied directly to the DMV, with live audio and video feeds.

I have a 1930 license plate, which could easily be revoked.

This is is going to be a learning experience.

Our local cal club has had a sticker day, in the past. We will have to wait and see where it goes from here.

As as I learn more, I will post that information.

Thank You;

Brian

Comment

Related Topics

Collapse

• Paul
                    Inspection List Before Purchase
                    by Paul
                    I am adding a check list to my website and thought I would post it here for the “experts” to scrutinize (please, I have been married way too long to have hurt feelings. Rip it apart if need be). The premise for the list is for the first time Model A buyer. Who, on their own, would be able to go out and look at vehicles and make a preliminary judgement before asking an expert/club member to tag...
                    01-03-2018, 10:15 AM
                  • George Miller
                    Rebuilding a model A engine
                    by George Miller
                    I do not want to get into bashing people. So I,m going to say the model A engine is one of the hardiest to get right when rebuilding them. You could do 2 chev small blocks or Ford small block to 1 model A engine, that is if you do it right. Every one always says how simple they are. But they are not simple to get right....
                    01-22-2018, 03:25 PM
                  • Fixitphil
                    Pointers on 1st time Tour Leader
                    by Fixitphil
                    I need some pointers on leading a Model A a one day tour for the first time. About 180 miles round trip.
                    Thanks, Phil
                    02-01-2018, 05:39 PM
                  • tbirdtbird
                    Selling a car long distance? Worried about money transfer? Advice from my bank......
                    by tbirdtbird
                    Selling a car long distance? Worried about money transfer?
                    Given the high rate of fraudulent financial transactions going on, who wouldn't be.

I am selling a car (thank goodness not an A) to a party in Michigan, and we are in Texas.
                    I would always prefer a face-to-face cash-in-hand transaction, but in this case that is not possible. As the seller, I needed to...
                    08-18-2017, 01:43 PM
                  • Denis4x4
                    Crank Keyway
                    by Denis4x4
                    Getting a funny noise from the engine in my avatar, so I removed the front cover and discovered an aftermarket pulley with a sloppy keyway had just about destroyed the woodruff key. Finally removed it and got a new key that got stuck due to the damage incurred earlier. Decided to put the car in the storage garage with a box of parts and decide later on pulling the engine and having the crank checked...
                    06-03-2018, 10:34 AM
                  • Mikey
                    Some expert advice please
                    by Mikey
                    I'm new to this forums thing and even newer to the Model A hobby (obsession). My father in law has his first car, a 29 roadster that he also learned how to drive in, he also has a 31 deluxe roadster that has been in in the barn since 64 ish that is in hundreds of parts. Do to personal and financial reasons he needed to unload the 31. To help him out, I found a buyer but when it came time, he would...
                    01-16-2018, 02:40 PM
                  • Terry, NJ
                    New Engine Stuck!
                    by Terry, NJ
                    Well I've been preoccupied with my coupe (Redwheels) and I'd better get back to work on my Town sedan. So I haven't started it in a while and I was getting anxious about that fact. I had tried a while ago and it seemed to turn over hard with a 6 V. This time I would start it with 12V. It cranked over sometimes fast and other times slow. Duly Noted! It started a few times but didn't stay running...
                    11-10-2018, 11:45 PM
                  • Mikey
                    Now what ?
                    by Mikey
                    Just joined VFF a few weeks ago and I'm really enjoying what I'm reading so far. I have taken all your experienced advice on starting my 31 roadster restoration but I have come to another roadblock. I finally got in the barn last week and found the number on the frame, A2556856 which according to what I have been reading makes it a late October 29 frame, nuts. The engine that I have (what's there)...
                    02-06-2018, 04:14 PM
                  • Mitch
                    Model A Borescope review
                    by Mitch
                    EE6000 Wireless Borescope

I just got this wireless borescope that works with a smart phone & Tablet. Yes there are other like kind scopes on the market but this was recommended by Tech Garage and also on some other automotive publications. Well i can tell you that it is everything it is cracked up to be. It comes with a 90 deg adapter for seeing up and it also has a light intensity...
                    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                    This gallery has 4 photos.
                    01-30-2018, 09:29 AM
                  • dmdeaton
                    Flathead Ted's Brake Floaters
                    by dmdeaton
                    What's everyone's opinion on this setup? Anyone using this?
                    10-08-2017, 12:24 AM
                  Working...
                  X